Strawberry Hill Seed Co

Thought I would take a minute to start a breeder thread so I can talk about my projects, share pics and keep folks tuned in to what I have going on.
This thread is for grower pics and conversation as well so feel free to add your comments, questions, grow reports… it’s all fair and game in the Strawberry Patch.
My gear has been dropping at @Great_lakes_Genetics for a few years now but I am expanding my horizons and will be dropping at Growingupganja starting with my next drop.
The Coastal Blueberry will be dropping sometime between now and 4/20 so keep your eyes out!!!
There are several OGs currently growing the Coastal Blueberry so it will be fun to see what they find!!
That’s all for now but I have lots planned on the breeding front.
A little teaser… I am reversing the Grape Pie clone… and have a host of willing recipients for S1 pollen… like biker kush , ogkb 2.0… maybe sour bubble if I find a worthy gal…

stay tuned!!!

113 Likes

SUPER CONGRATS!! From the far reaches of Northern Maine, I wish you nothing but success. May ALL your hard-earned efforts continue to be successful. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

28 Likes

Morning @SHSC-1 following along now. Every time I see you mention Biker Kush I get excited!

7 Likes

I have seen your work available on GLG and I have seen you around on OG. I look forward to following along and seeing what you got. Should be fun!

6 Likes

Awesome @SHSC-1 !!!

:metal:

7 Likes

Hell right! Can’t wait to put that supercollider kush in rotation. I’ll be around. :+1:

5 Likes

Hi @SHSC-1, do you know Growingupganja got worldwide shipping?

Pz :v:t2:

3 Likes

I want to say yes but best bet is to contact @Ris directly with that question.

5 Likes

Any details on that? Is it full blown Blueberry?

3 Likes

Thank you for a quick response :pray:

Pz :v:t2:

2 Likes

The background on the Coastal Blueberry
Back in 2016 I met Rykus over on icmag and as time went by I moved over to z-labs and made that my home for the past few years. Rykus joined me there but signed up as “Coastal” (no relation to Coastal seeds) and as time went by we traded and gifted beans. One of those was the Fraser Valley Blueberry Hashplant(clone) x Dr Atomic Blueberry Northern Lights.
I had a healthy sack of seed to hunt thru and it took me 3 seasons of outdoor light dep and indoor grows to find the plants to breed with. The first group of plants I selected I used 4 females and 2 males but I only did branches , not whole plants. The seed stock was enough for me to hunt thru but not enough to drop. Near the end of 2020 I started my indoor phenohunts and had several clones prepared for my local outdoor testers to run in summer of 2021. Results were excellent and I decided which girls to keep and began selections again for a qualifying male last winter. I weeded out two males that were similar and ended up keeping the on that had the sticky stem rub, the dank berry aromas and nice stocky structure.
The females … #1 was stout , minimal stretch, pointy kinda pinecone shaped flowers, very frosty and likes to throw some color near the end. Has a very nice ripe blueberry aroma
#2 , which I call the NL leaner… moderate stretch, nice sturdy frame and round topped wider base flowers reminding me of the old NL5. Really nice berry aromas
#3 this pheno stretches more than the others, she will easily double in size and a bit more. She carries the acrid blueberry syrop aromas and forms up much like the #1 as far as flower shape leaf morphology and structure goes.

All of them have sweet berry to blueberry aromas and terps. Is it “in your face” blueberry or “blueberry muffin” ? The honest answer is… the berry/blueberry/fieldberry smells abound in these plants and I think growers will find “blueberry” expressions without having to look too hard.

Here on OG I have gifted, traded and put up for auction , seed packs that are a combination of Female #1 and #2
In the drops, the seeds were counted out in even batches of all three females and mixed bulk. This should give the grower the chance at examples of all three expressions plus the variations within the line.
I like to work the lines I release for a bit before I release them and is why I don’t have a big portfolio of strains dropped so far . That is changing though and I am looking forward to sharing more of my breeding projects in the future.

Also thankyou to everyone for the kind words and welcome :smiley:

@Smoklahoma … The Supercollider Kush in the auction are the last packs in my stash other than what I put away for breeding use. Those dropped at GLG a while back. If you like to make your own seeds… these are very worthy of making F2’s… just sayin :smiley:
That version won’t be released again but I am working on Supercollider Kush #2 … that’s for later in the year. It will again feature the Long Valley Royal Kush as one of the parents but the other parent is as of yet undecided. Still popping seed hehehe

cheers everyone!!

45 Likes

Good to see this going! I’ll put up some shots of the coastal blueberry and super collider later on!

Congrats on the sponsorship.

11 Likes

I’ve been wanting to get into the breeding side of things. Very intriguing to be able to tweak on things to get the right medicine. Still trying to understand all of it and figure out what direction I need to go. Found that true breeding strain thread the other day and my mind exploded. Felt like a dumb ass. Still have a lot to learn but thankful to be able to have this kind of stock to figure it out. :green_heart:

5 Likes

I do not ship world wide however i can take care of it on a case by case basis. Lonely, I got ya, what do you need?

12 Likes

Nice…congrats @SHSC-1 very cool! Definitely will follow along.

4 Likes

I bought a few packs off GLG in the past, though I haven’t run them yet… it will be nice to see more info about your work.

4 Likes

Congratulation on making this official here. :partying_face:
This will be great for the community.
Get some of that old school shit going round again.
Best of luck on the endeavor brother.

7 Likes

Thanks for the formal introduction @SHSC-1.
Glad your expanding. I look forward to growing something of yours in the future!
Congratulations on your success. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

:v::heart:

4 Likes

Good luck with your endeavors @SHSC-1 , I will be following along✌️

4 Likes

Just popped some old timers stash last night, and found this this morning! Much love and respect brother @SHSC-1

9 Likes