Stretching during flower

Should she stretch this much or should i bring the lights closer. They’re about 2 ft away now.

7 Likes

How far along in flower? What kind of light/wattage are you using?

3 Likes

Depending on the strain some plants can grow double the size some even more

Also it depends how far your lights are from the plants

Peace
Paps

2 Likes

holy crap how do you get the sun 2ft away and not have instant vaporization, im amazed you still have lawn and or concrete :wink:

21 Likes

Yeah like what’s been said before the stretch can sometimes double or more the size of a plant so I w ok uldmt be sweatin it. The question is how far along into the stretch are you? How long has it been since you switched to 12/12? Because usually the stretch lasts for about 3 weeks give or take so if youbare through the worst of it bbn I wouldn’t sweat it. Just keep a eye on how close they get to the lights. You say 2ft from your lights…I’d actuallyvsay move it closer but just be careful

3 Likes

:joy: you’re a smartass and I like it

7 Likes

She’s maybe 10-14 days into flower. I’m using LEDs and i have 4 of them. She’s under 2 with 500 true watts total. The other 2 i have turned down for veg but they’re 300 true watts

2 Likes

haha I put them outside for some fresh air and a good watering

3 Likes

They’re all autoflowers actually besides the great white shark

1 Like

less comical, plants can stretch 2x-3x or more, depending on the setup, conditions, and genetics at work.

Also usually its only once your start to see some decent bud setting going on that upward stretch typically slows, so you still got a few weeks if only at 14days

5 Likes

I say you would be safe moving your lights down to 12 to 18 inches…just make sure you keep a eye on your plants. Your stretch should slow down in about a week or two just depends on the genetics

4 Likes

Id say though instead of moving the lights if you have the height let them buck, they will grow to where they want to be or fill the space how they can.

5 Likes

Yes sir will do, I have them in the dark right now until it cool off but I’ll definitely move them closer

2 Likes

I think I’ll move one closer and let the other one ride just to see if it makes any difference. In about 2 more weeks I’m turning the other side up to full power also.

4 Likes

LST and a quick pick of the setup

5 Likes

I do miss dutch masters superbud

4 Likes

GG Autoflower day 56

7 Likes

Day 65 GG and WW Autoflowers, yall think they’re ready or Should i let them ride it out for a little longer.

3 Likes

If you could post a couple close-ups of the buds it would be better to judge but from what I’m seeing - you have a ways to go yet.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Yeah I agree with @Gpaw we would need close ups but my opinion from what I can see…you should wait. I’m sure seeing a whole lot of white pistils

3 Likes