Sunflowers for Ukraine

Welcome OG’s to the support for peace in Ukraine intuitive, showing solidarity with the people of a nation fighting for freedom. OverGrow has always stood for freedom and the right to grow your own, become self sustaining and help others when ever possible.

If you are growing sunflowers or your want to grow sunflowers, please show your OverGrow skills and post them here. :fist:
:sunflower: :peace_symbol:

If you have sunflower seeds to share, Please do.
Recent pictures not required, all OG sunflower support pictures welcome.

If you have the ability to provide financial support, please consider:

Thank you @DougDawson for providing the link.

29 Likes

We’re growing a fence with them this year! Most definatly will post pics of them when it happens.

Great thread @Heliosphear !

9 Likes

Nice! I know their going to be awesome. All the times you have shared your gardens, never failed to impress me with knowledge and skill. Thank you OG.

We have 12 multi-color selections planted from start in a pot.

The smaller plants around all 12 is Indian blanket also known as fire wheel.

Going to move the sunflowers growing in the 25 gallon starter pan.

The other plants are blue, pink and purple morning glories.

10 Likes

17 Likes

I have about fifteen Red Torches started that will need transplanting soon…pretty prolific plants, likely end up giving out some to friends and neighbors.

cool thread! @Heliosphear

6 Likes

Thank you @noknees definitely a awesome sunflower and so brilliant in color.

@Yetigrows Thank you for supporting peace and freedom for Ukraine. Beautiful pictures, Thank you for sharing.
The National flower for Ukraine is the Sunflower, it represent strength and the ability to grow under harsh conditions. They spread out and grow in fields to be harvested for the next generation of seeds while providing oil and food for animals and people, sustainable for the duration… when survival seems impossible.

14 Likes

Hey all, there is an Aid for Ukraine site that would be a great way to support the Ukraine. Hey @Heliosphear , can you put this link in the OP so folks can see it and possibly donate if they can?

https://donate.thedigital.gov.ua/

6 Likes

Excellent, Thank you my friend. Taking care of it right now.

4 Likes

We will be planting sunflowers this year in our big field hopefully. And definitely around the house. We have about a dozen varieties. Can’t wait!

4 Likes

That’s Awesome!

You didn’t hear this from me… the word on grow street is an OG is about to make sunflower seeds available for all OG’s to support Ukraine.

5 Likes

The famous Ukranian grandmother, confronting Russian troops to hand them sunflower seeds.

“Put them in your pockets so that when you fall and die on our land, sunflowers will grow, something good will come from your corpse”.

That lady has testicles the size of bowling balls.

13 Likes

Songs from the Warzone

Dronny Darko spins us this dark mix from within the Ukraine Warzone

3 Likes

I will go and find some sunflowers in the next few days and start them immediately. Love this idea, Love the Ukraine :ukraine: and as my last name entails it also holds a special place in my heart. Several family members still there suffering the ravages of a war criminal. Much love and respect for this thread and EVERYONE involved

4 Likes

We have seeds, every one of them will be planted. Will show

2 Likes

3 days after my last post here, grow was shut down, family took shelter with family. The sunflowers came and went as I watched Ukraine fight for it’s way of life and freedom to be themselves.

I left OverGrow for two and a half months, everyday was a joy with my granddaughter and I payed little attention to war and the news in general.

Seeyah when I seeyah, be good to yourself.

8 Likes

Sunflower for farlopensky hahaha

1 Like

Planted and seedlings now 4 varieties but till they bloom I did this at a local bake shop

3 Likes

No blooms yet on my sunflowers but I’ve got a really cool purple almost black sunflower growing. Can’t wait to see it how the flower turns out. These are from seeds from my very first sunflower grow, I’ve collected them three years now

5 Likes

I’ve just been building my soil, but I have a 200~sq foot area that will be planted as a pollinator garden, and cant wait to include sunflowers. Those red ones are absolutely mesmerizing.

Glory to Ukraine :ukraine:

3 Likes

We missed you @Heliosphear !

:heart: :heart: :heart:

2 Likes