4 TC B

The rest will be planted in a few more days

umol 150-155
ppm 400-500
Ph 6.2
Water temp 63
4 feeds every 6 hrs

35 Likes

Are these from the guy on stainly selling all the florida elite plants? I did shorelines Crippy it was really nice

7 Likes

Yes, that’s the one. I also have Shoreline seed as well, so each one can be compared. However I think we’ve honed which phenotype strain is responsible for this beloved odor and flavor we all crave, The Seedbank NL#2

8 Likes

Day 3

All 16 planted

I plan to defoliate from the bottom up, stripping all under branches and shoots, except 3-4 main tops 5-6 nodes each. Taller plants around the perimeter, and shorter are in the center to prevent overshadowing. They will veg to about 18” to meet the tops of the 2 monster mother (CG and CH A) plants that will go along aside.

10 Likes

Week 1 veg :

64-84
41%
600ppm
Ph 6.25-6.3

The 4 tallest plants have been FIMED to allow the shorter to catch up to them. The center has a few that are last to get settled in from rooting. Nothing else added but 25 ml of cal-mag starting to notice those orange spots.

For this next grow I’ve decided to get creative at trying to stop this hair problem, so I’m going to put up a rolling screen in front. Has anyone tried or using a screen to stop your floating pet hair from getting to the flowering section/chamber/tent?? I hope now w a specialized air filter for pet hair, changing clothes and now a screen over the front will be enough to minimize it at least, if not fully prevent

This is what I got

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kimberly-Bay-Instant-Screen-37-5-in-W-x-84-in-H/5002614717

See you next week

10 Likes

Week 2 :

350-400 umol
Ph 6.25
Ppm 1000-1100

For the last week I have slowly raised the cal-mag up, without adding too much base nutrients. More micro supplements and mycorrhizae. Seems to be still showing so I’ve opted back to foilar for the deficit. I’d rather do it that way than start lockout problems. Seems to me cal mag is easier solved direct to the leaf than at roots. Other than that, 2 center clones are a bit slower. Most are now FIMed to allow the shorter to catch up. New shoots that continue to grow out of the bottom are removed to control overgrowth and undergrowth so it is a clean stalk. I’m trying to shape 4 laterals around the center of each plant w those undergrowth shoots stripped off as well. We’ll see how they want to grow opposed to how I want to structure growth.

See you next week and thanks for following along. I’m sure you’re anxious to see how this goes as much as I am :eyes:

8 Likes

Bravo @OriginalDankmaster96!
Thanks for putting this up.
Hope you won’t mind if I follow along.

2 Likes

Week 3

umol 400-700
Ph 6.3 - 6.4
Ppm 800-900

A res change a few days ago. Again higher ratio of cal mag to base. What the roots can’t take up, I foliar 2x a day to slow down necrosis process. I trim back the center hole area to allow light to continue getting to the slower plants. They’re catching up now. Target height is 15-16” before flipping. What gets shaded out will be stripped off. As long as I can put my arm between each row and it’s clear in between light is getting through. Some light hull cracking to thicken bases, other than that they’re growing how they want to which ironically is how I want them to shape the canopy. Might be another week before flip, but we’ll see how much vertical goes.

See you next week

Along side this one will be CG and CH A monster moms in bondage in the back. To stay within the height limits all tops will have to be trained and tied horizontally

CG

CH A

14 Likes

Week 4 (30 days veg)

260-550 umol
Ph 6.2-6.4
Ppm 850-900

These plants are monsters. This is the result of twice a day with Cal mag foliar feeding. I notice I can’t stop Cal mag deficiency, but I can slow it’s progress. Older leaves stay on longer this way. I’ve noticed stopping the foliar is faster in visible symptoms within a day or two. I will continue doing this up to the 4th and 5th week of flowering so cal mag is enough to ramp up for the first half, then let it progress closer to flushing out

Here is an older leaf. You can see it’s starting to show but it’s not rapid. To me that suggests I’m supplementing enough to prevent the speed of the deficiency spreading up to newer growth. I think at some point I need to do a control plant and test cal mag strength ratios in res so I know how much to
use

Anyway, canopy is about 13-14” and the middle hole is slowly meeting the top. It’s about 2-3” difference. You can see the bottoms are clean and thick. Rogue shoots are removed underneath and spindly branches that aren’t reaching the canopy. I figure less than 1 week I’ll be at the height I want 16” and the other 2 smaller center plants are meeting the top to begin flowering. Could be ready this weekend but we’ll see…

9 Likes

36 days veg

Lid gets heavier everyday. The root mass is now intertwined in the back, so now the whole system has to be moved its self

I think I’m about ready here. The 3 behind are 4” shorter than canopy. The stretching should let those catch up ?

Oh yeah, I had some gymnastics fun getting these 2 and their tops under the screen

All set for night 1

Oh yeah, I’m seeing less strands of hair in fan vents and blades w this screen :+1:

7 Likes

Week 1

Umol 280-930
Ph 6.1-6.3
Ppm 900
Temp 65-82
Water temp 65-71

Not off to the greatest start. Pythium struck one of the A’s. I acted fast, Sterilizing with UC roots and plunge temp below 68 before it spread. I cut my losses and eliminated the infected plant. It was killed within 2 days. Will add Hydroguard when it arrives. The funny thing is, no smell or slime so it wasn’t easy to notice until too late. Hard to notice from staining. The smaller plants I thought would catch up in stretch, haven’t and continue being shaded out. I’ve defoliated twice now and it doesn’t even look like it. I decided to shuffle a few larger plants towards the center to fill the uneven gaps up. Despite all that, I believe the screen will be mostly filled up when stretch is done.

The CG and CH A horizontal training seems to be doing what I wanted. I was concerned growth and stretch would run too close and get burnt, but surprisingly staying manageable

See ya next week

9 Likes

Week 2

Umol 200-1000
Temp 64-84
Water temp 65-68
Ph 6.2
Ppm 1100

Looks like I’m in the clear from a close call. As a precaution I won’t let the water temperature fall below 68 even w Hydroguard. Now I will say the stretching is madness and a bit flimsy, so it needs addressing in the project . I’ve found internodes at 3.25” and that’s too leggy IMO. It’s very clear B pheno is leggier, but what else it has better than A remains to be seen. Has to show a better characteristic to make up for extra legginess

The side branching has exploded underneath. I thought about removing, but last grow proved the light penetrates deeper inside so as leaves die off more light filters through to what was shaded out. Smaller plants to the outside, which I may just use those for seed bearers since yield won’t be as much anyway.

I’ve defoliated dead and crowded large sun leafs that continue to be ravaged by cal mag. I’ve lost count of how much ml per gall of call mag I’ve continue to add to correct, but it’s up there at about 6-7. That seems to be the only issue, otherwise very healthy.

Yeah, I should mention pulling leaves gets my nose twitching about the sweet forest smell, it’s like intoxicating to breathe in. Anyway, stretching appears mostly finished, and now the clusters are forming. So the revealing is about to start…

Here’s the CG, you can see each node is going to be a stick. Getting rapid, so in another week, I’ll make the pollination

See you next week

10 Likes

Week 3

Umol 200-1100
Temp 68-85
Water temp 60-69
Ph 6.2-6.4
Ppm 1200

Looks different than last update, doesn’t it ? Most of the lateral branching couldn’t reach to the net, so I had to examine carefully where the net was caught up from being lowered, found those branches from the big plants and pulled them through, so I could pull it down. Finally I got low enough where nearly 90% of the Krip could be pushed through. The only ones not making is the smaller overhang.

One thing I’m learning w this strain it’s difficult to grow a large crop in one system. The overshadowing got to be a major issue, even a B clone got swallowed up. I didn’t even top this time, just FIM and not all. What I don’t like about the structure is shoots that grow under and stretch to be more weaker branching instead. The B is worse than A is this respect, but it could be larger yielding. We shall see how both perform in the coming weeks. They also want high ppm. 500 alone is cal-mag, which I think is finally enough to stop deficiency. I still spray twice a day cal-mag and bloom booster. My hair problem is REDUCED thankfully, but I know strands will get in. I’ve already had to pick a few off and those caught in the grates of the fans. I do think once I have buds to show they will be cleaner than last grow. In between this week and next I will dust one of lateral sticks of Colombian Gold. The Krips may be 2 more weeks away from theirs!

The victim. I’m trying to see if it will regrow

Getting them though and up to the light

All done. Canopy is ready. It didn’t come without a few injuries to tops and a node slice, but I significantly exposed more sites :wink:

Colombian Gold. You can see the shoots all grew vertical from the main horizontal trained branching

See you next week

9 Likes

Week 4

As I thought, the last week stretching finished and gets a bit more compact for the tops. Looking back I vegged too long, although I had bigger plants to meet their height, which most did meet that height. Realistically vegging 12” then straight to flower to prevent overshadowing. Anyway, I’m seeing good buddlet structure building and down into the canopy there’s numerous sites. This strain does want a high ppm at 1200-1300. I’ve learned it really wants strong nutes about a week after planting from rooting. I played it safer by going lighter but as we saw the cal-mag kept coming back. So yes it appears about 6-7 ml per gal is what it really wants. Even so, I foliar twice a day w bloom boosters added in. Other than that I keep the res chilled below 68 cycling out ice packs. I’m anxious to see how it all fills in from here.

The close up is cleaner this time…getting heavy for this early

Looking down over the canopy. This grow has given me a few lemons along the way, but I’ve made lemonade instead

See ya next week

14 Likes

Week 5

Umol 150-1200
Temp 68-85
Water temp 62-68
Ppm 1350-1400
Ph 6.2-6.4

I’ve concentrated getting light deeper into the canopy for the later half by clearing more. I haven’t done Schwatzing this time to keep nutes for the leaves, although this strain is a heavy feeder, so don’t have the toxicity problems like last time. I’ve definitely learned to go heavy on cal-mag. I think enough time has passed to back off and to feed on the reserves. One thing I am seeing as a requisite for DWC growing is maintaining COLD res temp, not just for dreaded pythium but stabilizes Ph and Ppm levels. The wild fluctuations where I was just borderline 70-74 temp and unchilled water haven’t happened like last. So there’s definitely benefit to using chilled water. I’m on constant ice pack and bottle rotation. Half my freezer is filled w packs and bottles now. I really drop it cold to about 62 for overnight. The screen has helped a lot to stop hair. Some still getting through. I think I’ll just have to go shirtless. I have a cat that likes to lay on me too much… Well now comes stage 4, so I’m studying how well they fill in and blow up from here.

Overhead

Inner canopy

Cola structure pheno A

Close up pheno A

Pheno B cola structure

Close up pheno B

Lights out shot

Colombian Gold

I think there might be 3 oz or more. It’s really packing on. It’s done much better than hydro version

Chocolate Haze A

This one I’m actually glad I’m final flowering. It’s buds are thinn and smaller of all phenos. @Slick1 got me to hit it w Xmas. Perhaps something special will come of it

See ya next week and thanks for following along

13 Likes

Thanks for the update. Is this Tampa crippy from sunshine state on strainly?

1 Like

Yup, it is. I just went in the room to water and I can smell them stronger. Very sweet wafting in the air :grin:

1 Like

Definitely be watching more than I have been lol :joy:. I could never really find feedback on them with their offerings. Really glad to finally see you running them.

1 Like

Yes, you’re right. Very little in the way of grow reviews. I don’t even know when it was released, but it has to be recent with that lack reviews out. Anyway, I’m going to take care of that shortly so there is something credible to go by. And it will be given just due or called into question on what differs.

3 Likes

Dont worry as soon as my main tent is free I will be doing a Tampa Crippy run myself.

4 Likes