Tea - Fermented? Organic? Recycled?

Gday,

After debating a while in my head I decided to strip back the 11 plants that were turned a week ago, getting rid of that rubbish that only seems to turn to popcorn anyway. But this has left me with a fair bit of trim. Which got me thinking…
Is it worthwhile boiling up in 5 litres of water, straining, putting in the fridge and then at harvest time dilute this down to use as a flush of sorts? Is that what this “tea” is? Or is it a bio sort of A B setup. I’m running coco chip blend so when I flush I can’t go straight water apparently, so would this tea be enough? Or would it even do anything? Thanks for any opinions and assistance
Cheers

1 Like

Don’t worry about replying…already using it to make some butter. :+1::yum:

2 Likes

That works too, I just feed it to the worms, then use the castings later. Probably would be considered recycling that way. :wink:

2 Likes

I chop the plant into pieces about 2 inches to fit the opening of a wide mouth jar. I place the chopped plant into the jar. I add dried molasses to cover the pieces. Close jar with the lid and store in dark warm space.

After the material forms a uniform sludge it can be mixed with castings as a top dressing. Another option is to mix 2 tablespoons per gallon of water and feed plants. Your idea is an excellent third option to use the fermented plant material for a nutritious tea.

1 Like