Buddy's AF Grow Show

Just fail forward a wise man once told me. Much love…

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

I’ve done to many hours in trim jail. UK jails are like holiday camps. Warm cell, 3 square meals a day and a tv. :rofl:

3 Likes

Totally. A case of beer, some trashy old skool punk or hard AF machine gun thumping techno works for me also. Headbanging, foot stomping brain bleached trimming zombie. Only way to do it I swear. You get freaking fast at it man, you can just sheer the things like a sheep once you get into a groove. I nearly always take the tip off one of other of my fingers but that mostly just amounts to the tip of one of my gloves. Means I lose the finger hash and maybe a bit of skin but I’m getting on a bit and can still fully count to ten, ever AFTER the most insane trim jail purgatory :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

Centigrade? Well man that sounds fully like weed heaven. Sun, sand, margaritas, grass skirts the whole bit. I be like pull up a chair and hang out in there with beer and cooler if it was me. You could get one of those portable window air cons for cheap.They are pretty efficient at getting the temp stable in a small space, at least in the short term. They vent outside via a window, but can just as easily be set up to vent into existing venting or into a roof cavity etc.

4 Likes

Celsius. Not sure how accurate my temp gauge is, but my plants are showing taco’n. I’m a pro at burning my plants lol

I have approval to put the tent down a floor until AC is fixed WOOHOo. So tomorrow it’s going down, and by the time my AC unit comes in she’ll be ready for a harvest. My first harvest is going into Jars today also once im done work.

4 Likes

Yes, exactly. I literally ALWAYS cut the tip off a glove finger within like 30 seconds of starting. By the end it’s a bloody mess of rubber strands. I got some heavy duty dishwashing gloves that have been working much better.

The only thing more painful than trimming for hours is watching someone who sucks at it trim for hours. There’s an old guy I help trim outdoor most years. I’ll finish the plant in a couple hours and he’ll have like an eighth done lol. Pick it up people!

3 Likes

26 isn’t particularly hot, especially if you can keep humidity a bit lower (below 60). More fans never hurt too, they should be dancing in the breeze 24/7!

3 Likes

I’m adding another fan in today for sure. For my heat issue at 26-27degrees my leaves taco. If she has those temperatures for too long all goes to hell. I think my humidity was around 45%

Few more months ill be getting something to monitor my tent. Maybe a Pulse One, or something similar. Big cannabis event is coming to down in June so ill be checking that out for sure.

4 Likes

Just my two cents buy some Inkbird controllers they do temp and RH controllers. I don’t use the RH variant but I do use the temp one and all you have to do is buy a larger fan or booster fan and it will set the fan going when temps start getting to high. Or a heater as well for going to low. The unit itself doesn’t control the room as such though you have to buy addictional gear to plug into the controller. Works tho :+1:

3 Likes

Sonoff TH16 for the win. They turn in and off at certain temperatures you set but you also have real time monitoring via Android :+1::v:

2 Likes

I almost bought some of those when I was looking for a dehumidifier, and turned out one was built into it.

I’ve seen many people use these and really interested for sure. Did a lot of reading and it’s still a blur, lots of stuff to get, but it’s damn cheap to setup! Not there just yet, but I will be going automated one day.

3 Likes

I have inkbird controllers, they do a combination temp and humidity controller now for around $85 C on eBay.

They work very well, I use a window AC for my 8x8 ft flower room, keeps it down to 75f even in the summer with 1200w of HPS lights in there. I have it blowing across the tops of the plants makes them really frosty.

4 Likes

My central air is coming in 2 weeks and should be able to keep my room under control till then. He actually suggested in my situation to also install a portable unit just for my grow room, so that’s an option also.

Gotta be the most expensive hobby i’ve ever had! But no complaints…amazing seeing them grow. I’m considering adding a tent just to grow some veggies now lol

3 Likes

Yes it is an expensive hobby not the most I have had so far, Airbrushing must have taken about 10,000$ out of my bank account over the years, shooting hand guns and shotguns probably the same, although most of my hobbies have been expensive lol. Some of them were started to save money, like making wine, moonshine and growing weed, got all my bases covered lol.

I got my window ac for 50$ on kijiji only a year old. Costs more to run it for 6 months of the year than I paid for it. Probably spent close to $3000 on growing in the last 3 years. I make a lot of my stuff as well to save money.

Worth every cent as far as I am concerned.

6 Likes

Damn…some expensive hobbies!

I stopped keeping track of what I’ve spent on mine…maybe around the 3k mark. One day i’ll figure it all out. I’m still not done, need another light, more pots, automation toys and a press to make rosin.

Next week is celebration time when my weed should be cured…haven’t even sampled it.

3 Likes

I need a bigger veg tent, it’s 4x4ft sq and 6.5 ft high. The wife wanted the freezer in my weed and alcohol room moved, she couldn’t see in it very well, with the tent in the way of the light, so that opens up another 2.5 x 4 ft area I can use.

ATM I cram 6x10 gal pots and 3x5 gal pots in there. So I could replace the 4x4 with a 6x4 and use the 4x4 for either a mobile, designated drying space somewhere else, or turn it on its side and use it as a bigger clone/mother cabinet, and LST training tent. Then use my mother/clone cabinet for drying instead :grin:

2 Likes

So clearly I’m doing something wrong yet again.

Well no this issue is heat stress, or leaf burn as fans are not blowing on the leaves. 21-22 degrees on my leaves measured with a heat gun.

Been using 850ppm megacrop with some cal/mag, candy and bloom. All their lineup.

I try to ph at 5.8 throughout the whole grow, but my res just climbs to 6.3 within 24hrs. Which I ph down back to 5.8 and it will repeat itself. Is the cause of all this ph?

Second plant to reach to flowering and it’s looking to be the same.

@Esrgood4u since you also run coco with autopots what ph do you aim for in veg to flowering.

4 Likes

I drop my ph down to 5.4 ish and it drifts upwards to around 6 over a day. I then back it down to around 5.6 - 5.8 and it sits stable until I refill the rez again. As I have 6 plants in various stages of bloom I aim to keep the ph at 5.8. Plants seem to love it and I’m not seeing and stress at all. I keep the ppm at 850 with mega crop. I don’t check the ppm after adding Epsom and P.K.

4 Likes

Maybe cut the calmag and try some Epsom salt. Maybe the problem is calcium related as our environments are very similar :+1:
I’ll get a picture of my flower tent later today for comparison @cdnBuddy

4 Likes

Thank you. I’ll do the same from now on and see how she goes.

The white widow is getting a bump in feeding today. 3 weeks today and showing some deficiencies. Damn is she a hungry one. I’ll post a epic once I get her leaves a bit darker and back on track.

2 Likes