Buddy's AF Grow Show

Sure, that sounds reasonable. I find that the plants tend to regulate themselves so that once you know your strains and space you aren’t moving the lights that much. They start short and relatively distant from the lights (remember the inverse square law, 2x the distance is 25% of the light intensity) and just grow up to them, reaching the greatest canopy intensity as they finish their stretch and mature, just when you need it. Peace -b420

8 Likes

Update :

Day 10

Lights : 16" from tops at 200W (25w sf)
Temps : 27Degrees
Humidity : 48%
Feed: 746ppm / 5.84ph

Auto Mazar looks pissed off! She did have signs of burn before a bit so not sure if that’s just from the last mess up. Looks like a few things going wrong and not sure what to do with her at this point.

Auto Ultimate looks a bit light in color? She is chugging along and really increased in size, pretty stocked I’m this far along.

Any input would be appreciated.

3 Likes

Also here is a setup of my tent!

I keep on adding little things to it. Right now I’m waiting on a new thermostat/hygrometer, a Wyze Cam, and some plugs that let me set schedules/control them when away.

4 Likes

Update

Oh finally got my wyze camera. You can see the dead Mazar!

Lights at 13" and running about 35w per sqft.

Well hoping I dont mess something up. The yellowish on some of the new leaves and the curling is what I’m trying to understand what it means.

I know the plant is telling me something just not sure what lol. Curling up is humidity issues? The tips I think is it’s getting a deficiency and wants more. My next increase in feed is coming up and maybe that’s why?

Dont want my ultimate to join the other one lol. For know I’m trying to increase humidity and raised the lights a bit. Was at 12" when I got home.

5 Likes

Do you have holes popped in the bottom of them containers and is it more of the top of the leaves or the bottom leaves

3 Likes

A lot of times just running a garden. If you over water the plant it’ll start Browning from underneath all the leaves and stuff. they will wilt too. But if you don’t water them enough the tops will start to turn yellow to and move its way down be careful because light burns can look about the same but an easy way to check that is to put your finger down in the dirt you want it to be just a little bit more yeast and fluffy not too dry not to let kind of just a medium and that’s just when you water it. But that’s just in my experience

3 Likes

Autopots are open at the bottom so they can be bottom feed, though not turned on yet till the plant gets a big bigger. Seems like it’s just a few leaves where the tips are a bit yellow, though it’s now been like this for a few days and not progressing.

Lights have been raised just a bit, nothing else has changed on my end now just riding it out. Last time I made drastic changes…i killed a plant lol

Overall should I be concerned? Or is it looking ok…

3 Likes

My first grow went downhill fast, so I’ve gone and planted 2 new seeds. My previous grow resulted in some dead plants…the horror!

So I’m on a mission to get this right however long it takes! Lets start with the setup…

Tent : 2x4x7
Light : 280watt Solstrips
Medium: Canna Coco Grow Medium
Nutrients: Mega Crop
Additives: Great White Mycorrhizae
Autopots: 3.9gal
Humidifier

The one thing I’ve got down is germinating my seeds! I’m 4/4 so far, and they have been sprouting all within 3days of me dropping them in water for 24hrs, then off to a paper towel moistened and kept warm in my tent.

I’m going to plan on updating daily with photos which may be a lot, but I’d like to know where the hell I’m going wrong, and what I can improve upon.

Stay tuned for some photos and details of what the heck I’m doing.

2 Likes

What’s your plan for the autopot nutrient tank?? I’d add a air pump and air stones to make sure plenty of oxygen is in the mixture. I plan on either a autopot or rdwc system as my next grow purchase

4 Likes

Coco was buffered at 250ppm @ 5.8ph
Seeds dropped in on 23rd and sprouted 2 days after
Sprinkled a bit of Great White in the whole before dropping the seed

Once sprouted I gave a feed of Great White and some Velokelp (Remo Nutrients) at 72ppm 5.8ph

Lights:
Started at 24" on sprout and I’m lowering them slowly down to 12".
Light Schedule 20on/4off

My first grow I really messed up with the watering, figure I drowned them. So my plan is to water when they are begging for it. Some Coco growers seems to wait every 5days or so with great results so I’m trying that unless they are begging.

8 Likes

Hey Esrgood4u!

My reservoir will be turned on to bottom feed when the roots are established. I do have a pump in the res, that will turn on for a minute every hour or so to stir it up. My autopots (1 of them) has a air dome in it also to pump air.

3 Likes

You’d only require a 5w pump to oxygenate the mixture but I’d run it 24/7 but where I live isn’t the warmest of places so the solution wouldn’t heat up enough to cause me any problems. Keep us informed of how the grow goes and good luck :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I will run it 24/7 once they are on. (Around the 3 week mark if all goes well)

My grow will probably result in more dead plants lol

3 Likes

LITFA is the best grow product you can give them :+1: don’t read too much into it all and just let it grow :rofl: my plants are lucky if they see me more than 3x a week and then it’s only to empty a jug of solution into each pot. They seem to grow much more vigorous when I just leave them alone to do their thing.

7 Likes

Light: 19" away
Day Temp: 26-27
Night Temp: 20-21
Humidity: 50%

Day 5 feed 350ml solution | 150ppm - Great White / Velokelp @ 5.8ppm around them.

Hope this is enough feed for em! I think my first grow attempt I gave them 3x that amount, and just drowned them lol

Once those cotyledons start to lose their colours I’ll be going with 255ppm of Mega Crop v2 and pray!

5 Likes

I check up on them morning and evening to just fill up the humidifier.

Last time I gave too much loving, and figure ill just let them be this time around see how they do. People will question all my mini burial plots on my yard if I don’t.

3 Likes

I wish I could give you my humidity :rofl:

I struggle getting it down below 60% FFS

3 Likes

Holy crap! Without a humidifier and a wet towel in my tent mine goes down to 25%. It’s a struggle to keep mine up.

And what sorcery is this with a screen shot on your phone?!! I bought a wyze camera to keep an eye on my plants while Im out for the day lol

3 Likes

Sonoff th16 :+1: another must for a grow area

4 Likes

I was looking at getting a pulse one once I get a few successful grows under my belt.

Monitors a ton of stuff…gotta love data!

3 Likes