Buddy's AF Grow Show

Day 11.

Nothing major to udpate, they are still growing slow. I swear my first attempt they where way bigger then these 2. I really need to look into starting in smaller pots first…next try!

Lights are on full blast now at 280watts, and i’ve been lowering the lights slowly.

3 Likes

And here is my very first attempt at growing (Auto Ultimate)! She’s around 32days old and I’ve been trying some training on her, and letting the autopots do it’s thing with her. She’s been through a lot, but still keeps on going.

6 Likes

If you guys saw my growing style you’d probably stroke out! Lol I rarely watch for 2 days in a row and much like @Esrgood4u I only feed and water every few days if no one looks sick I’m gone after a short bath and some counseling

5 Likes

I look at mine daily just to top off the humidifier now, and close up the tent.

I’m just letting them be now, it’s the watering party that scares me lol. Each time i water something bad happens hah

1 Like

Someone said to me very recently friends don’t not let friends do DWC.
Go flood and drain brother I’ll show you the way…cheap

2 Likes

If i can manage it I’d like a 9 pot system inside a 4x4 with the nutrient solution on the outside of the grow area @anon58740919. I’m a few months away from buying or building it though as been running semi perpetually since buying the small starter tent and at the moment I have some GSC autos growing 2 agent ks and a gorilla glue fem vegging out it it until the 12/12 tent is finished in a few weeks. :+1:

2 Likes

That would be a piece of piss mate. 9 x 10l buckets with lids 200l res to keep your shit stable. Which would be positioned in most cases outside the tent/room.
1x20l bucket with lid for the control bucket. 2 float switches. 2 1000lph pumps.(1 for feed. 1 for return about 8 quid each on eBay) m25 cable glands with 25mm rubber seals.
16mm hose. Cross and tee connectors. A couple of ball valves (like a quid each) and some mesh pots and shit You might as well Chuck a few quid a week at bits till your ready to build. That way it’s not like you’ll miss it as 1 big hit then. Let me do a quick doodle now and I’ll be able to figure the exact amounts of each bit for a 4x4 tent

3 Likes

Cheers @anon58740919. If I can get a rundown of what supplies I need I’ll buy bits whenever the cash is spare. Your a gooden bro :+1:

2 Likes

Have 2 babies at 9 days old and one isnt doing 2 well!

250ppm precharged coco
200w led 18"above
Feed her 250ppm mega crop
5.8ph

Not sure what it is I’m doing wrong but I’m cursed at growing lol.

1 Like

Give her a few days LITFA treatment. I’m sure she will pull herself around :+1:just looks over watered.

11 Likes

Damn. I really need to perfect my water habits. I’m aiming for 3-5days and dont excèed more than 350ml at this age.

I’ll check on her in a few days

3 Likes

That’s a big old pot you have her in. It will take a good few days for it to dry out. In my 11 litre fabric pots even when they are in bloom I only water every 3 days or so.

5 Likes

I’ve weighed the pot and yup lots of water in it. I’ll let her rest and see how she does.

4 Likes

You should just pour the water near the stem of the plant too. I would of put her in a smaller pot as well.
Just my 2 pence :wink:

4 Likes

I was planning on doing a smaller pot, then re-plant once it was bigger. I have to read up on it a bit more before attempting this.

She is perking up a bit already.

3 Likes

Up potting is a good idea. It allows more control over your feeding methods. Your obviously a very new grower so I bet you check them a few times a day and constantly check the medium for moisture :rofl:
I’ve an alarm set on my phone that goes off evey day as a reminder that they are their and I check the pots every other day and water if its needed. No proper schedule as such. It’s good to allow them to fully dry out. They grew without our help in the wild so just try to mimic the natural environment. Drought is a part of that :wink:

7 Likes

I’m only growing Autoflowers for now, and I know I can up pot, just trying to play it safe for now.

I thought that coco you shouldn’t let it dry out at all? Either way I know I do water it a bit too much (even watering after 4 days my plant leaves just curl over).

I’ll pay for your plane ticket to show me the ways!!

4 Likes

Water just as they start to wilt :+1:
Coco is what I use. It’s a type of hydro but I don’t buy into that “don’t let it dry out” Or “you can’t over water in coco” Bollox. I’ve never had a bad indoor grow yet other that slight bud rot in my last grow because of high humidity.

5 Likes

You are the man! Thanks Esrgood4u, you have been extremely helpful.

My camera skills fail along side my growing lol. Anyway she has perked up a lot more.

Plenty of time for me to read up on how to start off my plants in smaller pots for my next attempt.

3 Likes

Yeah she’s looking much better now. That size pot I’d likely only water them every 3 - 4 days and NOT till I see runoff. A litre of solution will be enough for a plant that size in that size pot till she’s a little bigger :+1:

3 Likes