Buddy's AF Grow Show

I’ll give that a go! I haven’t been doing till run off, but ill up my feed to 1 litre. I’ll probably give her a drink tomorrow or the day after.

2 Likes

Good luck. If any problems give us a shout :v:

2 Likes

Well it’s been awhile since i’ve updated…

So I ran into issues with brown spots all over my plant and also my ph drifted upto 6.3 from 5.9, now it finally looks like I’ve addressed it and honestly, this is the longest I’ve seen here with perky leaves not drooping. She doesn’t seem to be growing in height at all, at least not this “stretch” that I’ve yet to see. Sprouted Jan. 3rd. - an auto ultimate and i’ve read that she does take some 75days from sprout.

She’s got 280w about 12" from her, and her feed is around 2ec…as I bumped that also due to seeing light colour leaves. I now the tent of horrors has made mistakes with her, but I’m liking how she looks. I’m pretty much removing leaves from her daily!!! I’ve read that it’s ok to do that, i’m not going overboard, but when I stuff my hand in her, shes got some damp leaves. Hopefully removing some leaves will get more air to her.

Honestly either it’s the edibles I ate, but I’m really happy with my first official plant even though I killed her sister.

Now for the bad news…my 2 other plants… Stay tuned ill get some photos

8 Likes

So after another bad start at watering I’ve pretty much decided I suck.

Good thing is that I did make some good ole hand written notes and now giving myself a sold 80% chance at success next attempt lol. I basically screwed the feed, and also watered too far away from them at one point. I think they are day 17/18 or so…and should be reaching the side of my autopots by now.

Brooklyn Sunrise is now showing some love. Figure i’ll just keep on watering her every 3days or so as she is now on the rebound and this will give me a chance to improve on watering.

This gal will get no training at all, even though she will probably be a small one, I have yet to see how it grows without training.

I’m officially letting this one die. R.I.P!

8 Likes

Its all a learning curve man. Like myself and other members of the site we’ve been at it for a while. I started growing my first plant about 8 or 9 years ago. Stick with it and enjoy the ride. It’ll pay off.

5 Likes

I’m enjoying it and already eyeing a second tent after a few grows.

Cant wait to see this one flower. One day the house of horrors will produce some nice plants for sure. Learning a lot and enjoy seeing it grow.

5 Likes

Hell yeah that’s what i like to hear. Many of lifes lessons can be learned through growing plants. Patience.

4 Likes

You’re doing great dude. Keep with it.

I grow in coco, and feeding is tricky until the roots spread out to fill the container. I use as little as 0.5gal pots as my final container… but I think that’s about as small as I ever plan on going. I’m settling in on 0.75gal pots.

One thing I’d recommend is to get some cheap starter pots. I use ones that look like this:

They’re only about 10 cents a pop. I don’t give them feeds until the top turns light brown. Don’t let anyone tell you that it’s impossible to overwater in coco. That’s a lie from the devil! Your plants might suffer through it, but they’ll be happier if they get wet/dry cycles (for coco, never completely dry though).

Then, when they grow out in those little pots to the point where you have to feed them twice a day (usually 2-3 nodes), you can pop those suckers into bigger pots… and you’re back to feeding every few days as needed.

The problem with bigger pots at that stage is that you’re essentially waiting for evaporation to dry your medium. One thing to keep in mind is that roots develop and spread out in search of water. If your medium never dries out, or takes forever to dry out, it actually inhibits growth (among a whole host of other problems). That’s why I like the smaller pots initially. You want your medium to dry out because the plant is taking in all of the water and nutrients through the roots and sucking it out of the coco – not because water is evaporating from the coco. When you achieve a higher frequency of feeding the plant in order to keep the medium wet, you begin to use coco efficiently and realize its benefits.

10 Likes

My next grow I’m doing just that, start off in smaller pots.

I honestly didn’t catch onto how the plants should be making the pots dry up, not just from it sitting there till I took a look at my autopots closer. My big one drinks and empties the bottom and refills. Pretty awesome.

All I want is one nice harvest, and upgrade time! I’m sold on a 4x4 tent with another solstrip setup so I can have my 4 plants going.

5 Likes

Word! Some of the best advice a grower can get! Jah!:relieved:

4 Likes

Little Brooklyn is growing! I know she’s a bit on the small side around 3 weeks old, but I’ll keep her going anyway! Really looking forward to seeing a plant grow without any training, which i probably should have done with my first plant. lol

She’s getting around 1litre of water as @Esrgood4u suggested and she’s loving it.

A question about watering…i’m kinda watering around her leaves first, and dumping some water near her stem also. I guess if she’s liking it continue?

Do i need to goto the edge of the pot? I can only guess that water will make it’s way around the pot a bit…

7 Likes

I like to water around the plant at this age and not by the stem. Imagine a gentle rain, no water gets to the stem. :+1::seedling:

11 Likes

Got it. I didn’t put too much near the it, but next water I’ll stay away from the stem.

Seems like the past week has been smooth sailing, so thank you all for the input! I’m on point with Lifta every 3days now and plants are responding well. They see me once a day to top up the humidifier, and I’m gone!

5 Likes

Agreed. Force her to produce more roots by making her search for the water :+1:

5 Likes

Things look so much better now. Keep it up :+1:

4 Likes

By golly I think you’re gettin’ it @cdnBuddy! Nice looking young ‘un there. Looks a tad hungry to me. Will you be using MegaCrop? MegaCrop and LITFA Is a great combo. Much respect man.
:cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

I’m trying my best!

Megacrop/Calmag is all I’m using this grow and moving forward!

4 Likes

Been following along on this thread @cdnBuddy never done coco my self but since you are doin what appears to be different strains you’ll find out that some plants may like what your feeding them while the others may absolutely hate your feeding schedule I’d suggest growing the same strain and really get to know what it likes and doesn’t like and every once in awhile you’ll just get a runt here and there which may also throw u a curve ball to make things interesting then one day things will click for ya and before ya know it you’ll knock in out of the park !

6 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I’m planning out my second grow already and I’ll see if I have 3 seeds of the same strain.

I know for sure I don’t want to do what im doing now, having some one in flower and some in veg. Probably should have done that after a few grows.

4 Likes

Megacrop, calmag and a little vitalink P.K here so not much difference in nutrients :+1:

3 Likes