Buddy's AF Grow Show

I used to push the ppm as much as I could with every plant. I’ve never grown one single strain. Each plant likes her own dose and it gets hard keeping on top of them. Now each plant ive started to build up the EC/ppm until I see one suffering then I just lower slightly and keep it there. I used to often push 1800 ppm but now I’m sitting at around 800 this grow from around week 2 bloom till finish and plants seem much healthier :+1:

6 Likes

So what your saying is that one may have to make up to 2-3 different nutrients solutions ideally if ones having issue with a feeding regimen?

3 Likes

I used to make a few different solutions for each strain and it got annoying. Now I feed all the same solution. I increase it weekly until I see any single plant effected then I back off slightly and just keep it there. Obviously I could yield more with the other strains but if I’m seeing good enough results from the lower ppm because of the weaker plant I’ll just keep it at the same value. The yields will suffer slightly but the plants can all thrive :+1:

7 Likes

Now that’s oleskool! Im right there with you @Esrgood4u. I used to do multiple mixes every feeding. Different strains at different stages of development…Pain in my ass fo sho! This round its nothing but MegaCrop, Greenleaf NPK and a little epsom salts. Sometimes I give them a little coconut water as a treat. Less IS more.
:smirk:
@GreenleafNutrients

7 Likes

Yeah I like variety @oleskool830 but with cannabis variety likes being a pain in the ass. Give them just enough to yield now I say. Got sick of correcting over fertilizing and stalling plants out. I’m running a concentration camp for plants now. They only get what I think they need. If it’s green leave it alone :+1:

7 Likes

Prezactly my friend. I’m enjoying the simplicity for a change. I’ve got a shelf in the shed with probably 20 different nutes and additives. Gathering dust till I empty the trash! Jah!

oleskool

5 Likes

I have always ended up with sub par results using coco peat by itself, I think mostly because of it’s tendency to remain sodden around the roots it can make it prone to rot, etc and lower oxygen levels. If I use self watering pots with straight coco peat, they tend to get about 6 inches high and then they struggle. Of course this may be just the specifics of my set up but I mostly mix it at least 60/40 with perlite these days and I don’t see the same issues.

6 Likes

Really love these autopots! Big gal is just chugging the water and see lots of white hairs. Cant wait to see it flower wooo.

Have a question about deflation. How many leaves is it safe to remove a day? I’ve been pulling about 15 or so a day, and if I dont her leaves become very damp.

2 Likes

Who are you? Tom Brady? teehee much love!
oleskool

4 Likes

Defoliation lol. Today I plan on letting her be…she grew a good inch.

2 Likes

Haha @oleskool830. What AFC team do you cheer for? Show me on the doll where Tom hurt you. Jk… a little. Good natured ribbing

2 Likes

It was a tough year. But tell Tom we’ll be back!
oleskool

1 Like

It depends on the plant IMHO, but in general it’s amazing how brutal you can be, same with squeezing and bending branches. Timing can be/is important particularly for some strains and stripping the crap out of it too close to flower can result in less bud density/yield. I do general leaf maintenance every few days and a reasonably hard defol maybe three times over the grow period, again depending on how the plant responds. Leaves are the glucose factories, so you don’t wan’t to strip it bare, but again some plants will boom back, whereas some can be slowed down. If in doubt, defol the older leaves a branch and see what happens, often the extra light penetration means they will spring back better. Also remove the leaf stalks or they hang around and attract mold.

3 Likes

I’m going to hold off on plucking ever day and give her some rest. It’s been 2days since I gave her a haircut and going to give her a good one tomorrow.

I’ll post a before and after tomorrow when I do it. She also had some leaves start turning upside down. From what I’ve read it’s due to the lights being too close, so I backed them off a bit. She had a growth spirt!

Also noticed that her roots are growing into the base of the autopot. I’ll have to keep an eye on that so it doesn’t clog it up and cause a leak.

Other than that all is good!

2 Likes

Well gave the auto ultimate a good plucking. Snip a few things I probably shouldn’t have. Note to self dont do it high.

I must have freed up 8 bud sights covered in leaves. I stopped short cause I wasn’t sure if I went too far. So I guess next time I’ll know what not to do.

The tent of horrors is now 2/4 in attempts (killed her as I think 3 plants in my tent was too much, and she was way too small for almost a month of age). The auto sunrise I’m hoping she perks up. She was looking good, and started to droops so I gave her 1.5litre of water. Lights just came on so waiting to see if she peeks up. Shes very small still, but trying to nail my watering habits. Last feed her 4days ago, 1litre and today was 1.5litre as she grew a good amount since last.

Cant wait to see her by end of the week if I didn’t ruin her. This could be the best hobby I’ve had since a kid. I’m now on the hunt for a 5x5 tent to house 4 big plants. This current tent can be used to dry. I’m really curious to see how much edilbles I can make from this plant. 75days from seed and I’m a month away. Others have confirmed that, sometimes 2 weeks longer.

To the solstrip guys. I’ve got 7 solstrips now pulling 319w from the wall. I was at 280 but turned it up, my driver is 320w but when I crank it up she hits over 400w. I’m planning on adding more strips to my rack. I’d like to run them softer and keep her at 320w, just keeping it safe as that’s the load the driver says, so I’ll stick with that. Should I add 2 or more? Or does it even help reduce the lights lifespan.

5 Likes

Note sure how this happened, but the tent also did this…

The lst I think I did ok, pretty even canopy. But I did cut a few things too many things, but felt I had to cause the leaves were just too damp for me.

My next grow I’m just letting them grow without touching them. Should have seen how she grows naturally, clearly didn’t read enough. I mean…the tent of horrors did it…one day this thread will be renamed…one day.

8 Likes

LITFA… She will bounce back and surprise you I’m sure :+1:

5 Likes

This is nowhere near too far IMHO so it should be all good. You could strip all those large shade leaves and just leave the newer developing leaves so that you get more light into the canopy. Looks pretty short and dense this strain you got. Go hard brother. They can take it.

2 Likes

I’ll give her 3days and do it again, I wanted to keep going but trying to take it easy.

I was expecting 4’, so I messed up pretty bad. I do have 2 more of those seeds so I’ll get another chance at her.

3 Likes

She’s still growing. I did back off my lights to 14" a few days ago, and checked again this morning and she’s back to 12" away from the light.

My little one has also sprung back after her leaves where drooping begging for water. I think I’m getting the hang of it!

I know I’m weeks away from my first harvest ever. I need to get some jars, and something to see my trichs when ready! Can anyone recommend a good loupe I can attach to my phone maybe? or any other suggestion.

2 Likes