The Junkyard awaits

Man oh man! BUBBLEGUM is my favorite and I recently seen BODEGA BUBBLEGUM and I’ve put it on priority list and crossed with the NIGERIAN sunshine makes it awesome looking. Is it a up sativa high that my BUBBLEGUM had? I’d test for you.

1 Like

That Bodega Bubblegum #10 x Nigerian Sunshine cross seems great. I bet there is a winning male and female in those beans. I’d like to grow those out. It is very interesting to see the contrast between your indoor Nigerian Sunshine and your outdoor Nigerian Sunshine.

5 Likes

So out of all a popped a few days ago the ns2Xgs ( Nigerian sunshine #2 X granny skunk) 4 out of 4 have sprouted and has all its first true and first nod, the ns1xgs (Nigerian sunshine #1 X granny skunk) 2 out of 4 have popped and show the first set. Will update when there is more to update with. Thank you again.

6 Likes

Nigerian Sunshine#2 x Goji OG - 4 seeds planted, 4 seeds popped, 4 plants growing under T8 florescents, will move to LED tent in a week. Using Happy Frog soil, also, starting small introduction of Botanicare Silica Blast and MegaCrop. And, I pinched the tops.
IMG_4316

23 Likes

Those are happy look’n plants!!
You are doing it right!

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I’ve also began popping Nigerian Sunshine tester beans. Going to chronicle from start to finish in the thread Chronicles of a madman, over a dozen strains

6 Likes

I soaked my beans on 420. 11 NS#2 x Goji OG & 12 NS#2 x Granny Skunk #5. One of each didn’t sprout. And 1 NSxGS is just coming alive. It grew horizontally, underground, the 1/4" root tip never developed, but shed it’s cap. I’ll probably cull it, but I like the challenge of helping troubled plants.

Here they are 11 days later.

For now, I’ll update this grow in my Perpetual diary, Yoop’s 2nd Perpetual Garden Attempt, until they go outside.

16 Likes

Alright sothis little one is already starting to frost. We are at week 3 and trichromes are forming.

Nigerian sunshine 1 X granny skunk = Nigerian Grand Skunk Railroad. Lol

17 Likes

Not real sure that’s what your looking at

3 Likes

Enlighten please @Dank-D , the phone don’t do it justice. But from looking at similar structures on more mature plants they seem to me nice little heads saying high!

2 Likes

Well first thing to look at is why do plants produce trichomes? They produce trichomes to protect the plants flowers against predators like aminals and bugs. That’s why you dont start to see them until the plant shows signs of flower.

Also seeing trichomes on what will be larger fan leaves would be crazy , especially this early on. I’m not trying to pee on your parade or start and argument and I have no clue what those little bumps are.

Will be happy to follow along with your grow to see where this goes and wish you the best of luck.

6 Likes

Correct! I stressed these little guys out In a 2oz cup to see if they would take the abuse. They did and started producing. Every tester I do this with to see if with the poorest of standards if they will Be viable. This is the first one I’ve seen want to produce like this. So I would conclude stress is the main reason why this happened, but for me that’s good thing as I want top production minus the labor lol. Good catch at @anon81143130

• List item
7 Likes

Growing nicely…image

16 Likes

So the Ns1 is starting to get skunky. Like real skunky. Like super funky skunky. Just figured I’d throw it out there. Have a blessed evening my friends

8 Likes

Maybe this link may help with identification.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/agricultural-and-biological-sciences/trichome

4 Likes

Growing in 1 gallon pots with MegaCrop, Silica Blast and Cal-Mag and molasses nutes fed by BluMats in Happy Frog soil. I have 2 1000 watt LEDs, one white, one red on 12 hour timers. AC to keep temperature below 80 deg.F. Planted four, three are females.

#1-

IMG_4394

#2-

#3- It’s brighter green than the others

I must have accidentally brought a touch of pollen onto #1, I had several males that I grew out for their pollen in another room. Oops.

A peek into my tent-
IMG_4400

26 Likes

Looks great! What kind of smells are you getting? Do they vary from purple to green?

NS2 is sandalwood.

Edit to say that the green one is probably a Goji leaner. I have never seen anything green come out of the NS2. It turns everything some shade of purple.

10 Likes

Great looking flowers well done

3 Likes

They all seem to smell the same, the green one may be a little more intense, but they all smell of sweet licorice. My wife concurs.(for a second unbiased opinion)

I’m laughing at myself because I forgot, I also have been adding black strap molasses and that is the predominant smell. I’ll readdress this in a couple weeks when I am into flushing them.

Also, Thank You very much!!!

7 Likes

Great link @webeblzr, thanks!

Cheers
G

4 Likes