Testing for THC

I’m curious if anyone on here has ever tested fresh dried bud and then tested it after the same bud has been cured and if there was a difference in THC or terpins.

3 Likes

Yeah i wonder too but more importantly if they tested at all what did they use to test? It seems there are zero options for under a couple grand to test at all.

2 Likes

Theres one handheld one that uses light frequency but only detects total cannabinoids.
Curing degrades thc eventually into cbn. Cbn is used as a tracer knowing the original thc content.
Thc doesnt go up after cut that’s psuedo science myth unless you meant something else.

dodges tomatoes

6 Likes

Apparently at my hydro shop they have some form of testing I’m going this afternoon will let you know how it goes, :+1: only gonna cost me a few joints :dash::dash::v::sunglasses::canada:

7 Likes

So the Slurricane came in

I didn’t get to see the whole process but it looked like light frequency like you said @GYOweed :nerd_face::grin: interesting i gave my friend a clone and his tested at +30% he grows with bottled nutes I use supersoil. I find his a little harsher (my opinion pure bro-science)
:dash::dash::v::sunglasses::canada:

10 Likes

I found a certified lab in Vancouver that tests for basic potency for only $60. They do all the other tests too at various prices. Bud, edibles, concentrates yadda yadda. I plan to take all the left over pot I have and render it all down to RSO and send some off for testing so I’ll know what I’m working with.

:peace:

6 Likes

You opened a few big can off worms.
I need to go to Sam’s club 1st without my mask.

1 Like

May 29th if you’re in Massachusetts. June 15th full lift. Unless things change normalcy is returning.

Personally it hasn’t been anything other than the occasional hair on my face bugging me, but it’ll be nice to be able to have the funeral for my grandfather finally. 1 year later…

On the note of hydro shops thc testing I wouldn’t trust it. They’re likely not actually testing. They’re always much higher than the results should be. Most likely they smoked it and gave a smoke test result number.

2 Likes

Lol dont they need to give you a lab report with machine number n shit.
So you dont believe in the 30+% thc result? :smile:

1 Like

I hated it. I did a survey, “quiet” s Vegas area.
About 50/50. Much less for healthy people.
Certain types always wore one.
I had a great time got few evil eyes but was worth the skipping and smiling.

BOth.

1 Like

Honestly no I don’t. Unless the weed was basically a kief ball or shiny like glitter. 30% and up isn’t unachievable for overall cannabinoids, but straight thc with next to nothing else I have a really hard time trusting without a proper lab test. Delta 8 thc for example shows up as cbg, cbc, and cbl more often than not as well.

2 Likes

I know it’s not an ideal answer, but in all honesty if you don’t need exact numbers learn to feel out your weed and what each cannabinoid does to you. Not what the internet says it does for your body/brain chemistry.

Isolates are getting extremely inexpensive now and should allow anyone interested in this route to get a baseline to have in place of lab tests if testing every batch isn’t viable for them.

Treat it like a game and see how close you can get to Chromaspectrography.

Though in all honesty they still don’t test for everything and thc alone doesn’t paint the whole picture of why some smokes are significantly better than others.

3 Likes

I was there while it was tested in the same room and saw the machine just didn’t see the actual process cause i was smokin a joint and turn my back :upside_down_face: I brought enough for all to have there own joint​:wink: so they did smoke some :dash::dash::v::sunglasses::canada:

1 Like

Test after getting the moisture ready for long cure and then 12 months later:

There are some other interesting things in that thread as well.

6 Likes

Thanks that’s what i was looking for :+1:

2 Likes

I’m glad it at least wasn’t a bro test thc percentage lol. Those have become a plague.

1 Like

Thank you for chiming in. I realize I should have tagged you sooner. CBG to thc in ideal conditions isn’t widely known yet. There’s also cbg to cbn directly with no thc stage between as well. Just I would not expect the concentration to be significant enough yet until a stable enough cultivar is found and worked on for that reason to see a cbn strain anytime soon.

2 Likes

im going to soon with psi labs, will publish results like late summer, taking a bud big enuff having part of it tested and will have to find some one in mich to cure the other part and take it to psi then later, i will prepay psi

ps. just read some others @Northern_Loki it shows what i thought , slight increase, which I believe to be because of the weight loss from losing the moisture. Thanks @Northern_Loki just saved me $80.00

the magic jar

2 Likes

In Canada, 60$ to test for thc/cbd/cbn etc.
60 to test for terps
There’s other tests for heavy metals and moisture and stuff too. Just send 3 grams to a lab and they send you a report.
I will be doing this soon

3 Likes

Yeah theres a place here in md that advertises $50 potency n mold test. But got to have cultivation license or be with a dispensary to submit sample. The govt here likes the monopoly. Thats why this state isnt rec. Cause itll kill all the lab coat operations who paid big money to get that monopoly.

2 Likes