Testing, testing.. is this thing on?

Now for something a little different… Running testers!

Background:
I’m one of the many OGers that have been following @OriginalDankmaster96 's threads and posts.

Dankmaster has put a lot of time and effort into recreating the old school Florida Crippy. So when an opportunity presented itself, I deceided to put my projects on hold and test out a number of his crosses and see what the ‘buzz’ was about…
(I’m warning ya now, if you don’t like ‘dad’ jokes… this may not be the thread for you… :smile:)

DankMaster was very generous and sent me 6 of his crosses. With such an abundance, I had to focus on the core Crippy crosses and save a couple of the others for another day.

If anyone is unfamiliar with OriginalDankMaster96’s work, here’s the links:

The Crosses:

CripXmas A2 x BX2 (12 seeds, 7 plants)
CripXmas B4 x CripXmas A (5 seeds, 2 plants)
CripXmas B x BX2 (6 seeds, 3 plants)
Tampa Crippy A x BX2 (5 seeds, 2 plants)

Germination rates seem low but statistically the sample numbers are so small so I wouldn’t put too much weight on those numbers.

Observations:

These are some of the smallest Cannabis seeds I’ve worked with, I have another strain with seeds about that size and it ends up being a big plant (DSCBD 30:1)

The A2 x BX2 plants all needed popsicle crutches for a week until the stems were strong enough to take over. After that, they settled in very nicely.

All plants seemed to be a little ‘slow’ in their development but that gave me an opportunity to try out Atlantis 5-2 Humic acid/kelp extract.
Thanx for that tip @Loggershands. Boy, that perked them right up!
As near as I can tell there is no way of overdosing on this stuff so they all get 2CCs every other day and they are loving it.

As DankMaster has said, these plants are on the short side. There’s the usual variations and the taller ones are likely boys.
Size wise, these would be great for a stealth grow but I have a feeling smell wise… …perhaps not…

The Grow:

Apologies for the lack of early pics… The camera battery croaked (…it was a 2011 date code so not a surprise)

This grow is in KIS mix soil. I use JohnnyPotSeed 's EWC germination protocol with a 1% H2O2 pre-soak, and a quick dip in the ultra sonic tank, 1% H2O2; just to blast any lurking pathogens.

They will get the occasional Kelp/Alfalfa teas as well.

Potting sequence:

Solo cups → 0.7 Gal plastic pots → 3 (or 5) Gal cloth pots. I think 3 is the right size for these plants going on how fast they mature (as per DankMaster).

50 Likes

Definitely interested to see how they do and what you end up thinking of them ^^

13 Likes

What’s this, a grow thread, you got my attention. :v:

11 Likes

Starting with the ultrasonic tank, they do a 3 minute buzz to get them squeaky clean.

A tent full of puppies…

Mar 8th 'school photos’

CripXmas A2 x BX2 (1 thru 7)

CrippyXmas B x BX2

The ‘volunteer’ I think it is a tomato plant … from the EWC :smile:

CripXmas B4 x CripXmas A

Tampa Crippy A x BX2

Boy Jail

32 Likes

Pulling up a chair

7 Likes

What is that in the Solo cup?

5 Likes

Yeah it’s clear my A2 x BX2 plant is an outlier in height

(Left)

18 Likes

BEAUTIFUL plants, paw. :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

I am all in for the show especially if it’s as good as the previews for the upcoming episodes! :wink::sunglasses::v:

tenor-7 IMG_4734

5 Likes

Settled in for your show.
You run your seeds in an ultrasonic cleaner?

5 Likes

Here we go…
:crazy_face:

Get it Gpaw! :wink:

4 Likes

Yes, the Ultrasonic cleaner is something I’ve been using.
I’ve suspected I had a virus a few grows back and since I’ve started using this protocol I’ve seen nothing… It’s hard to prove a negative :smile:
but I’ll keep doing it as it doesn’t hurt germination rates.

Cheers
G

13 Likes

Let’s go :purple_heart:

IMG_20240317_131440

6 Likes

Ultrasonic cleaner on beans…:exploding_head: I love this place!

Staying tuned in for sure! @OriginalDankmaster96 @Gpaw :heart:

I spent most of my life in that state, all too familiar with the crippy and Xmas bud! I can smell it now even without actually having it! :green_heart::pray:

6 Likes

Sex Ratios:
CripXmas A2 x BX2: 4 girls, 3 boys
CripXmas B4 x CripXmas A: 1 girl, 1 boy
CripXmasB4 x BX2: 3 girls
Tampa Crippy A x BX2: 1 girl, 1 boy

I thought about collecting some pollen as they were ‘fine looking fellas’ but decided not to as Dankmaster is intending on developing these commercially. (…didn’t feel right)

Boy jail is now empty…

Cheers
G

19 Likes

I gave them a second topping; 1st one at the 6th~7th node, 2nd about 5 nodes on the upper 2 branches.
I wanted to keep the stress to a minimum so as not to provoke any ‘nanners’.

Light intensity isn’t high as it could be as I’ve been wrestling a little with heat vs ventilation vs RH.
I have a humidifier in the tent but that will be pulled in a couple days. as ambient RH is increasing and the plants are large enough to regulate their environment now. Once that is out I can ‘dial up’ the lights.

One thing I noticed is they all declared their sex (pre-flowers) promptly. I’ll bet that’s related to how fast they move through the flowering stage.

Cheers
G

15 Likes

I see there’s enough space, I’m gonna squeeze into that far right corner. Continued success, Bro, always pick up excellent info from your work. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Let’s show a preview of what’s to come…

This is TC A BX2 pheno. More mixed of TC and CripXmas at 39 days. Maybe a day or two more but it’s showing amber heads

24 Likes

11 Likes

That’s a good one :rofl:

6 Likes