TGA Genetics Tester Diary - Queen Annes Revenge - Headspace

I am testing out a few packs for TGA Genetics and will be documenting their life cycle here and on IG (same screen name). I have germinated 5 Queen Annes Revenge (Bloodwreck x Spacequeen) and 10 Head Space (Head Dog x Spacedude). All 5 Queen Annes Revenge are alive and well, 9 of 10 Headspace. Current temps range 77-81°, 35-45% RH. Grown in a mix of organic peat, perlite, yucca and dolomite lime. I will be using Botanicare Organic Compost Tea throughout. I use a few other organic additives for B vitamins and enzymes/probiotics. Currently under 60 watts of cool white LED. Will be finished under 1k aircooled HPS.

We are at 11 days today. Expect frequent updates and plenty of pics. Cheers!

Bigkuz68

9 Likes

Hello @Bigkuz68 and welcome to OG!
I’m glad you’ve chosen OG for your next diary!
Spend some time reading also other topics and your rank will automatically increase to full membership, so you can upload more than 1 photo into your post.

3 Likes

I am looking forward to the show! Welcome and thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome. Looking forward to seeing these genetics as well!

2 Likes

I’ll be watching lol. I’d love to run TGA testers but I don’t have the room to run some ATM.

2 Likes

nice. Are you putting them into a new soil mix at transplant? Is there anything else in your soil mix now? Seems light, but idk? Will your entire grow be done in one room or more? Load up the details please. Cheers.

2 Likes

I’m in for the show! See you on insta as well, same name here

2 Likes

I keep the mix light. I rely on my teas a lot, and lately I like a flush to the point of white fans. I’ve got a veg room (10×10) and a bloom room (14×12) but I definitely don’t have the areas filled up. Nothing that elaborate, I’m a small time medical patient. Bloom currently has 400 watts of LED and 200 watts of flourescent. By the time this batch hits flower I will have 1k hps hung back up and probably move the LED and flourescent to veg.

Feels nice to hang an HPS again, used to run 4k but with legal rec in WA I scaled back. Not really much to do with extras.

6 Likes

Do you know what cross the head dog is in the head space? I’m getting ready to test some myself as well as Jazz Queen.

2 Likes

From what I understand it is Headband x Guinness. Heroes of the Farm’s genetics. I see them growing massive ammounts of Headdog #7 and #9 on their instagram. Looks like dank genetics.

2 Likes

Nice I wasn’t sure if it was headband or a dead head og lol. I’ve seen some of their pics looks ridiculous.

2 Likes

Love to see these type of tracking threads thanks you.

Sub

5 Likes

It’s my pleasure Subcool.

2 Likes

Getting my flower room prepped for this run. Hortilux 1k Super hps in a melon head air-cooled hood. I am running one 4" inline fan through a carbon filter. I intend to run an additional 4" inline fan once I spark this light. 80 amp maximum from two boxes, one is pictured.

Uploading…

5 Likes

looks great Bigk, the Hortilux bulb always delivered outstanding nugs for me! So you’re doing organic soil, what’s your plan for flowering - assuming you get 7-8 females - how big will the containers be? When do you make the final transplant?

3 Likes

Typically I go into a 1 liter at 2-3 weeks, once they’re strong. Next few days this will happen. Will do about 3 weeks in those then into #3s that they will finish in. I’ll do final transplant 1 week before triggering. As far as the sexing, I’m going to be using Phylos Bioscience on a 4 pack to sex test. It’s $60/4 seedlings. So I only had them ship me 1 test so far. I will document that procedure, it should arrive tomorrow and it’s 1st priority at the moment.

3 Likes

Day 16 - temps range 76-78°f, 33-39% RH. They are getting close to being ready for 1 liter pots. Just feeding off the soil, next watering they will get their first taste of compost tea. Pic 1 is the largest Queen Annes Revenge. Pic 2 is all 5 Queen Annes Revenge. Pic 3 is all 9 Head Space.

5 Likes

I received the sex test kit from Phylos Bioscience. Quick process - put cotelydon on paper in proper square, put cover over, smash several times with the back end of a screwdriver. Peel extra leaf matter off. Clean tweezers and repeat. Mail back. Should have sex test results for 4 of 5 Queen Annes Revenge in the next 4-5 days including shipping time.

10 Likes

Pretty sweet little deal if it pans out. I love the out of the box thinking in the industry on some things.

4 Likes

that is so cool! Paying for sex? I do have some experience with that :smile:

5 Likes