That Old "bubble mint"

I’m wondering if anyone out there has a cut of the old “Bubble Mint” pheno.

I’m can’t remember it’s origins but I believe it is from an afghan or Indian landrace.

I’m sure you’d know the one if you had it…people thought it was used to make Indiana Bubblegum…

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

On a side note, I’m planning an attempt at a “Pine Bubble” strain…this is just for fun, nothing too serious :wink:. Going to put a small grow in a meditation area. I’m planning on using Indiana Bubblegum and some assorted pine males. (That seems easiest…IB females with pine males). So I’m also looking for some good pine strains.

5 Likes

So I remember…back in the day I used to buy bubblegum hash joints…they also sold the ever popular “bubble mint” or maybe it was cream mint something…I don’t remember what it was called.

So, I’m thinking maybe this cut isn’t actually “out there” if I was buying the hash joints at the store. Honestly, I don’t remember exactly but I think it was sold in stores as a name brand, so…the cut might not be in collectors hands. Anyone following me on this? They used to sell those hash joints over seas at stores, you could get bubble gum. Chocolate, orange etc.

Still hoping the cut is out there somewhere :wink:

So I did a little research, :wink:, and found some cool stuff out about what I’m calling the “Bubble Mint” pheno.

So back in the day the guy that created Bubblegum (this was the 1800s) was at the mens club smoking some hash joints and decided he wanted to sell his own hash joints, create his own strain. At the time, the hash market was competitive…so when he goes out and tries to rent land to breed his new strain, surprisingly, nothing is available :roll_eyes:.

Now Old G, being a person of means, has a big mansion in NYC with a disused attic. He realizes he can build an indoor garden up there and does so. (Coincidentally, he also endeavors in the indoor lighting field and because of the indoor garden he has created starts a horticulture lighting company still around today.) So now Old G has a secret garden in his attic, he becomes fond of the secrecy afforded him (no one can see what he is breeding with). So he pays agents to travel the globe and secretly send back the various seeds they collect. In secret he find this “Bubble Mint” pheno…it is truly amazing…very unique smell/taste and a great high.

So he decides he want to sell hash from this plant. He secretly buys land for growing out the pot in Jamaica? and does so…all the while maintaining his anonymity…the hash is a huge success and becomes the most popular product on the market…that is until he releases Bubblegum.

Eventually a decade or so later he created the Bubblegum strain, and it is releases to massive unprecedented success. This was the first ever Bubblegum… actually led to said individual owning the rights to the Bubblegum flavor in candy.

Haha, so the guy had a hugely successful initial foray into marijuana breeding. Found one phenomenal pheno, created a new strain, basically started indoor horticulture, created a lighting company still around today, and owns the right to the bubblegum flavor… pretty cool story imo.

:grin::grin::grin:

So this “Bubble Mint”…I’m gunna go out on a limb and say this pheno would be extremely difficult to obtain. However, if it is out there…

1 Like