The abbeys herb garden with Monastic

Hey OG. things are starting to Ramp up for the winter season and thought it’s about time I do my first grow diary…

I’ve got two 4x4 tents at the moment one of which is used for veg/seedling/cloning for the time being until I get a light for my 3x3.

In the main flower tent I’m running an HLG650-R and in the other is two electric sky ES-300s.

I recently completed a seed run of which I’m sure some here are aware as you may be waiting for some of the offspring.

In my main tent I had a few testers which I had popped to test germination rates. Once I had seen them growing I couldn’t stand to cull them so decided to grow them out. I had started with 6 plants. Two each of my Chem91 Bx1 F2, twisted grape f2 x Chem91 bx1 F2 and two Trainwreck x Chem91 bx1 F2.

After culling the quick showing males I’m currently left with two of the Chem91 still waiting to show sex and one of the twisted grape x that’s definitely a female.

Chem91

TG X Chem91

The second tent has some thing up and coming to rotate into the main tent. Once it’s full I have 5 Tropicana cookie F3 I picked up from @ShitSeeds that have just broken ground.

24 Likes

Congrats on taking the plunge to do your first grow diary, especially excited to see how your crosses pan out and what you find in them. Good luck with the grow.

3 Likes

Thanks @Somatek I did some light chiropractic work on the TG cross today and the stem rub was more lemons than I’ve ever had before. I’m a sucker for lemons. That was really surprising to me given neither mom or dad had anything similar on the stem rub. Looking forward to see if it’s anything good in the end. Hoping for some good colour from the twisted grape mom.

3 Likes

Following :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Welcome in @floyd. Hopefully all you folks watching will make me keep my shit together this run!

1 Like

Here’s my second tent for now. Eventually this will be filled and flipped as well.

Currently in the left row is some testers of my Dark hollow x chem91 cross.

Then we’ve got the 5 Tropicana cookie f3 just stretching from a brief dirt nap.

Also have started I here a Dark Hollow as I wanted to do a side by side comparison with my tester and the mom.

10 Likes

She had to sacrifice a fan leaf for close inspection.

Lesson learned. I used a handheld vacuum to clean my tent after my last run. I put a single plant back in for a few day before adding a few more In. The next day I found a small population of mites on the plant that was riding solo for a few days. Out to the compost with her. I will assume the mites came from that vacuums exhaust. It’s been a week of close inspections in both tents and no further sign of the little bastards. I had thrown a bunch of lady bugs and their larva that I had been farming on my outdoor plant haha into the tent to help clean up stragglers. So far so good and no sign of anything unwanted. I will have to remain vigilant going forward for any sign.

2 Likes

Positive affirmations for the crosses

4 Likes

Assuming I pull a couple females from the Tropicana cookie batch I’m hoping to try my hand at selective pollination of a few lower branches on the pheno that displays the most orange/Creamsicle smell. I’m hoping at add some mint background into it. If anyone has a suggestion on a good direction to look for a male that would reliably pass that profile on it would be appreciated.

1 Like

A couple pics of the Dark Hollow mom I used outside. The wind knocked it down so who know if she will perk back up after I propped it up.

9 Likes

I think I need to see a few expressions of the TG X Chem91 so popping a few more. Let’s see how they germinate.

Grow on!

6 Likes

Not much happening today in the vegging tent.

Quick shot of the baby tangerine cookies

And the Dark Holloe x chem91 kids

And the flower tent sexing continues. Pulled another male unfortunately the best looking chem91. Guess I’m needing to pop a few more seeds to get a few more girls in here.

Here’s the TG X chem91 today.

the last chem91 which I’m thinking is male as well.

The other two I have in here are a Dark Hollow (top left) and a trainwreck x chem91 cross which is also a tester.

Hope everyone has a good day.

9 Likes

I’m loving all the variety in your grow @MonasticDank ! Awesome selections. I went through a pack of Trop Cookies from the first release Oni did of them. Made some sweet F1 crosses.

That’s a tuff one. The only real way to know what a male passed on is be doing the pollination and then grow out its progeny.
A stem rub that has the profile your seeking is a good start, but is no guarantee. Also, if you can identify physical traits in the females, while in veg, that display the creamsicle smell, you can try and match a similarly structured male.
If you can find a similarly structured male, with a orange/creamsicle stem rub, your off to a good start.
If you really want to get serious, cross every male with a clone of every female, separately. Label the individual seed batches and then test each cross. A shit ton of work and nobody really does it, but your gonna find the best pairing.

Anyhow, best of luck with your selections. I’m gonna be subbed in for the show!:grin::peace_symbol:

5 Likes

Thanks for all the great advice there. I’m in for a long term project but my brain is a wee bit too scrambled to keep track of that much haha. I have intentions of taking a few of my crosses longer term and hopefully finding some gems and bringing them forward a few generations. I’m brand new to this hobby of breeding but man I can see it’s going to become a whole new facet of growing and a hobby unto itself. Look forward to seeing what comes.

Thanks for tagging along. Tips tricks and constructive criticism are always welcome here.

Cheers

4 Likes

this morning we had a good frost so we’re gonna be testing out the frost hardiness on the Dark Hollow mom. As a 70 day flowering plant indoors I had little belief this plant would finish before the killing frosts hit my area. I put her out to see how tough she wsd to my climate. Over PM and pest resilience I would have to say is great. She had bugs of all kinds on her this summer buy everything seems to have cleared up now its mid flower. I think the stress response made this plant much frostier at this point in flower than the clones I have grown inside.

In the flower tent I’m down another trainwreck cross. The twisted grape cross is moving along nicely and the Dark Hollow youngin I put in early seems to be acclamating to the new light nicely. Still no sign after constant monitoring of any recurrence of the mites inhad on the one plant. It’s been a week now. Threw a few more lady bug larvae in there in hopes they find anything that may pop up.

In the veg tent the Dark Hollow crosses and the Dark Hollow #2 pheno are doing well. I threw my humidifier in last night as the season change hit fast and hard. I think that was the cause of the droopy leaves on the #2. The Tropicana Cookies are growing on nicely and got a little bottom water today. In the three cups shortly will be popping up some ACDC courtesy of @Pigeonman that will be providing some solid medicine to a few around me in need.

Have a good day all. Off for another run round the hamster wheel.

10 Likes

She looks like she will handle the frost well. This is a top down of the same frosty nug this am

6 Likes

Good morning all… the flower tent is humming along nicely. The twisted grape×chem 91 is looking pretty happy so far. Not sure what’s happening to make the chem91 droop a bit but I imagine my humidity dropped significantly over night as I don’t have a humidifier in there yet.

After about 36 hours in paper towel I have 2 of 4 with decent tails. The other two will go back in their warm blanket till they wake up.

The two that popped are into the veg tent.

7 Likes

Another light frost last night. A little frost on frost. She seems to be fine with it so far. Set to warm up again here for the next week. Hopefully she can run till Halloween

10 Likes

Afternoon everyone. Today’s update has the flower tent continuing to progress. Still no signs of sex in the Chem91 bx or the trainwreck cross. The Dark Hollow I threw in as a filler seem to be starting to hit its stride. I put another Dark Hollow teen in there as well today.

The twisted grape x is looking nice

The veg tent is moving nicely with the Dark Hollow crosses starting to pick up the pace. The seedlings got a touch of bottom water this am.

Two of the four twisted grape x I popped are breaking the soil and a third has popped in the towel with a small tail.

Spent the morning trimming the Dark Hollow I had just finished. This is the mom used in the cross.

Hope everyones having a great day

6 Likes

Flower tent is growing along nicely. Little bets starting dorm on the twisted grapexchem91 the trainwreck cross is confirmed be female at this point. The chem91 bx f2 is looking like a girl shod.start popping hairs I hope tomorrow. The two Dark Hollow haven’t decided their pronouns at this point.

The veg tent is making me happy with all the seedlings popping up. The Tropicana Cookies f3 are moving along nicely. The tree in the front are the extra twisted grape Crosse I poppedthe other day. In the back are the ACDC from @Pigeonman

Just finished trimming up one of my “jack herer” phenos maybe someone here with more experience with that strain can comment on it as I’m pretty sure Greenhouse seeds labeled a bunch of bag seed Jack.

Three more on the rack waiting to be trimmed. Nothing like a few hours of mindful trimming to pass the day. Hope.dvetyone is well. Play safe out there.

7 Likes