The Beanery 1.0

Well, it took me over a year, but I’ve finally decided to get a thread going. Life has been outrageously busy, I have no idea how frequently I’ll be able to update this.

Welcome to The Beanery. I dedicate a lot of my grow space to making beans for all of us, and this will (hopefully) be a good place to find information on all of the projects I’ve been working on. I don’t do any training of any kind on breeding runs, everything here will be 100% natural.

I’ll have to dig back through my photos for previous projects, but here’s my current project:

Tiger Mints F2’s
LINEAGE:
Tiger Berry #4 x Chunky Mint Kush #2

Neither of these are particularly well known strains, Tiger Berry is a supposed “indica” landrace from the jungle near Lijiang, China. Relatively short flowering time (~10 weeks) and wonderful variations on berry/soapy/floral/catpissy terps.

Chunky Mint Kush is a wonderful creation from our very own @Soiltech who will be working this line with me. The cross on this one is Inebriating Mint (red scare seed co) x Corona Cartel (a hand selected Mexican variety). Really impressive vigour, monstrous prehistoric fan leaves, creamy minty terps, this one has a lot to offer.

I had plans to send out 33 packs of Tiger Mints F1’s with the Tiger Berry repro, however in digging through these F1’s I was seeing maybe 15-20% intersex plants (lots of landrace genetics in this cross, not much of a surprise), so I won’t be sending any of those out. I’ll have to re-pack those flips with a different Tiger Berry cross. Current plan is to work this line to F4, stabilizing the structure & terpene profile while ditching those intersex traits.

Parents:

I absolutely had to pop some of these beans, that male was ridiculous.

I started with ~40 plants and started making selections in veg. Although I won’t be saving seed from all of them, I’ve got 8 females remaining that were pollinated by two males.

Tiger Mints F1 male selections:

Tiger Mints F1 female selections:
(Forgot to water, whoops) - these still have a few weeks to go

Also pollinated by the same males:
Tropicana Cookies F3 by @ShitSeeds

Raspberry Beret by 7eastgenetics

That’s it for now, thanks for stopping by :v: I’ll update this as often as I can, and will dig through my albums to find some of my older projects.

56 Likes

That is some poppin’ purple you have on the Trops Cookies. Great job so far!

7 Likes

Thanks man. I’ve been really happy with everything I’ve grown from your site. The rest of my Trop Cookies phenos were great too, but the keeper is pictured. I think I’ll be popping more of your stuff next round :v:

6 Likes

Following this

2 Likes

I’ve been making seeds on my last few runs and grown quite fond of male plants. That chunky mints male is seriously chunky and had me lookin! I’ll be curious to see where this project goes. Looks promising! Good luck!

1 Like

He’s quite the stud! The intersex traits I was finding in the F1’s are definitely from that male though, I’ve grown quite a bit of the Tiger Berry now and have yet to find a single pollen sac. I’ve got pollen & beans from him if you’re willing to deal with some herms :v:

2 Likes
3 Likes

And how does one get those Tropicana cookies seeds? :yum:

3 Likes

Could be wrong but I think @ShitSeeds has them in stock for a very reasonable price.

Edit: yep

11 Likes

Oh hell yeah he does!

9 Likes

They’re fairly lanky & don’t yield a ton, but they’re worth it. Show us how it’s done master grower @Pigeonman! :grin::v:

3 Likes

:blush: / :rofl:

Just because my adhd and ocd and fear of failure is focused on my gardening versus form film-arts practice makes me no master… yet :rofl:

5 Likes

Absolutely will take you up on that if you’re willing. Eh herms won’t phase me… could try to stabilize it down the road! I really appreciate the generosity my friend!

1 Like

That’s a beautiful Man! Never thought I’d say that! :laughing: lol

2 Likes

I’ll definitely be following along!

1 Like

Sure, shoot me a PM when you get a chance, we can chat about it. :v:

1 Like

will do once I’m off this lame 9-5 I’ll drop you a message!

1 Like

Puttin in the work :muscle: - always refreshing to see the effort put into your beans.

Can’t wait to pop the progeny - you truly are doing some great stuff here.

As always - following closely. :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

These F2’s will be headed your way before you know it. Very excited for the finished product down the road, can’t wait to see what you can do with the next gen :grin::v:

2 Likes

Bam!!:boom:
Awesome start to your thread BB! Nice documentary style, you know I’ll be following along!:grin::peace_symbol:

3 Likes