SPAM + dr.bugbee method journal

in case anyone has missed it, shane from migro just released a very nice video on light penetration

7 Likes

just watch, magical shit and ruby pearls and wtf.

From what I understand its a device to vape on a bong - and yeah i know the Vong, and in general Dynavap exists and can do this too - but just watch it in action, its quite pretty and can vape more than the dynavap on a single hit.

1 Like

Looks like an enail for bud lol.

1 Like

I dont have an enail so that explains my over excitement lol, but yeah, thats pretty much what it boils down to, vape nail for bud.

1 Like

Still very cool.

1 Like

its been a while since i posted anything relevant to the grow for several reasons.

1. i stopped taking certain precautions (like changing clothes when going in with the plants) and i got some mites. I reacted fast with neem/insecticidal soap (it was 3 days after flipping, no flowers had been developed yet) but aggressively (i applied during light on schedule) and got them burned as fuck.

2. i was pretty negligent this time around since veg. the plants got too big, i didnt have adequate support, and they began snapping in mid flower.

I have some lessons learned, funny enough, i learned more from this run than the past two.

I also got to thinking as to how my journal keeping is not really helping me track relevant information that could have helped me identify the mites sooner, or have better/purposeful watering practices. - and how to change that.

btw that dust/powder next to the burnt leaf is not PM - its dried soap residue.

13 Likes

That was a rough time for you and the ladies.

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

Yup, I ‘checked that box’ too… :wink:

It seems the lessons I remember the longest are the ones that generally leave scars… :rofl:

I found posting a grow log helped me improve my notes. I’d try to put enough info into it to explain to folks what I was doing & a year later I could decipher it (usually… :smile:)

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I feel for them, its first time in my life i have empathy for plants, i had never grown anything before that other than a bean in gradeschool.

what do you do for IPM? right now i started appplying neem with insec soap since veg.

yeah, i have to be more constant and take better notes of the grow itself. i think im missing on important info that will help me down the road.

2 Likes

I’ve only been ‘touched’ with IPM, I used Hydrogen Peroxide to treat it.
There was a great post here a day or so ago on Hypochlorous acid. Sounds much better than H2O2, well worth reading.
Trying to be proactive, I clean out the lower undergrowth and use a circulation fan to move air around, which all helps to avoid IPM.
Controlling RH is the key.
I follow the Vapor Deposition Chart until mid flower and then I tend to go more ‘dry’ through to harvest. {touch wood… :smile:}

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Think you mean PM bro…

1 Like

Oh by IPM i was referring to integrated pest management, I do get it mixed up sometimes :joy:

2 Likes

LOL, I thought you meant Incipient Powdery Mildew… :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

smoke report on a Ghost Train Haze

I feel doing a smoke report on GTH is like doing a review on a Toyota. what the fuck else am i going to say that ppl dont already know about it?

This run was a nightmare. all due to miscalculations and small negligences, that with time became bigger issues (like branches snapping mid flower). On that note, I had some of the snapped GTH that is already dried and cured, and I actually loved it - it is racey, but i dont feel any anxiety or paranoia, and it actually improved my mood (something that cannabis rarely does for me), it is also a bit tingly and head-strong without being heavy on the eyes at all.

The rest of the GTH needs to finish ripening, and it might become heavier when it does. I might harvest as soon as I see amber tho… i dont want this effect to turn heavy.

9 Likes

Lilac diesel, some purpled not sure why… It was decent smoke

9 Likes

Great looking nug :+1:

Thanks for sharing the grow with us! Sorry to hear about the mites, what a pain…

1 Like

another bit of another Lilac Diesel pheno.

thanks! i have taken proper measures to avoid them in future :slight_smile: it was a truly nightmarish run, but learned from it.

9 Likes

Very frosty looking bud.

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

I watched another video by Bugbee and he said that if you stress a plant it will produce more cannabinoids as well as terpenes. So you dialing in your formula actually worked and plants were less stressed. :wink:

1 Like

Sorry to tag you, most of you I try to not bother some I have before. This is my first time with regulars and it’s a week into flip for the Goji OG and some fems - I believe I have found the Goji males and also a Hermie fem - could you please help me out ?

@ReikoX @catapult @G-paS @Gpaw

5 Likes