SPAM + dr.bugbee method journal

I’ve only been ‘touched’ with IPM, I used Hydrogen Peroxide to treat it.
There was a great post here a day or so ago on Hypochlorous acid. Sounds much better than H2O2, well worth reading.
Trying to be proactive, I clean out the lower undergrowth and use a circulation fan to move air around, which all helps to avoid IPM.
Controlling RH is the key.
I follow the Vapor Deposition Chart until mid flower and then I tend to go more ‘dry’ through to harvest. {touch wood… :smile:}

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Think you mean PM bro…

1 Like

Oh by IPM i was referring to integrated pest management, I do get it mixed up sometimes :joy:

2 Likes

LOL, I thought you meant Incipient Powdery Mildew… :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

smoke report on a Ghost Train Haze

I feel doing a smoke report on GTH is like doing a review on a Toyota. what the fuck else am i going to say that ppl dont already know about it?

This run was a nightmare. all due to miscalculations and small negligences, that with time became bigger issues (like branches snapping mid flower). On that note, I had some of the snapped GTH that is already dried and cured, and I actually loved it - it is racey, but i dont feel any anxiety or paranoia, and it actually improved my mood (something that cannabis rarely does for me), it is also a bit tingly and head-strong without being heavy on the eyes at all.

The rest of the GTH needs to finish ripening, and it might become heavier when it does. I might harvest as soon as I see amber tho… i dont want this effect to turn heavy.

9 Likes

Lilac diesel, some purpled not sure why… It was decent smoke

9 Likes

Great looking nug :+1:

Thanks for sharing the grow with us! Sorry to hear about the mites, what a pain…

1 Like

another bit of another Lilac Diesel pheno.

thanks! i have taken proper measures to avoid them in future :slight_smile: it was a truly nightmarish run, but learned from it.

9 Likes

Very frosty looking bud.

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

I watched another video by Bugbee and he said that if you stress a plant it will produce more cannabinoids as well as terpenes. So you dialing in your formula actually worked and plants were less stressed. :wink:

1 Like

Sorry to tag you, most of you I try to not bother some I have before. This is my first time with regulars and it’s a week into flip for the Goji OG and some fems - I believe I have found the Goji males and also a Hermie fem - could you please help me out ?

@ReikoX @catapult @G-paS @Gpaw

5 Likes

1 is definitely male, 3 looks male. Rest are not far along enough for me to tell.

6 Likes

Unless I got my seeds mixed up - 3 is supposed to be feminized - I was surprised to see that

This is an image of a top node of 3

Thank you !

5 Likes

1 & 3 male based on the added photo.

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

I’m in-line with the other’s opinions…

Boy = 1,3
probably boy = 2,4
Wait and see = 5,6

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Thank you both! im hoping 3 was a mixup on my part othrwise, huge dissapointment.

5 Likes

5 looks male to me. Second node from top a little baby balls. IMO

2 Likes

I agree w the others above, a couple definitely males and the rest possibly males. I found the goji a little elusive in its sex reveal. They had long, curved, and sometimes horizontal growing calyx’s that at first appeared as possible males, but turned out to be female.

4 Likes

Ok so all were males and plus one I didn’t see before. Out of the 14 gojis I put to flower apparently I got 7 females (there’s one the jury is still out).

I moved everything into one tent

In red the Goji
In blue a Ghost Train Haze
In purple can be Baklava and/or Future 1

7 Likes

Ok so, ill just rant about IPM and ABAMECTIN VS NEEM ETC for a sec.

After TRYING to control the spider mite population with neem/insecticidal soap and manually killing them and/or spraying them off with water - I turned to the darkside.

I read some @vernal and @BigSur posts regarding the use of abamectin and spiromesifen

I only used abamectin (which by all accounts should be considered organic, but wont get into it) and it has worked wonders. not one single mother fucker in sight. NOT ONE. I dont want to have my dance parade yet cus I know fuckers are like magicians and can just appear mid flower (in which case, i would not use anything and just spray them off with water every 3 days - which is fucking tiring).

But thus far, insecticidal soap and neem did a lot of damage (even when lights out) but abamectin i swear they fucking love this thing. its like deep fried nutritious oreos for them, the next day they wake up all perky and i could swear theyre fucking happy i finally used something on them that works.

anywway that was my rant.

and these are the happy plants, im glad to see a happy tent for once in weeks.

9 Likes