The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

The classic ‘coat hangers with twist ties’. I’ve used them many times myself lol

They look sweet!

9 Likes

Bump - new to the forum, didnt realize this site was active once again. Edmonton, AB-based grower here :facepunch:

11 Likes

Welcome aboard Terpdankistan,Been a while since someone posted in here lol.

10 Likes

Yeah its been a bit, and i know we have plenty of other canadians on og more recently

12 Likes

Canadian here. Ottawa area :grin:

11 Likes

I’m also in the valley. :v:

9 Likes

Hi Teknikal, good to have you here.

Hi Neogitus, which valley would that be?

7 Likes

Northern Alberta here

8 Likes

Been here most of my life.

8 Likes

If you ever wanna trade seeds/clones let me know :slight_smile: Always fun to have new genetics. :wink::grin:

8 Likes

OK, I thought you may have been in the valley Nova Scotia. Getting a good Scotian contingent on OG as well as Toronto and Vancouver Island.

Get some grow files going so we can see what you are growing guys.

6 Likes

Hola Gang

I don’t remember if I said it or not

Outaouais / Basse-Laurentides

Bare

11 Likes

Just found this thread.
Just a grower from Nova Scotia, getting back into it.

10 Likes

I’m Canadian :sunglasses: getting interesting up here

7 Likes

For some of us living in mb, qc, or nvt we still cant do homegrown…effin’ gay.
We have an election coming up in mb…I asked one of the NDPs if they would reverse laws and make it legal for us to grow our own…he said, straight up, “you can now”…left me speechless, and I know politicians are full of shit, but for him to tell me to my face that I can break the law was jaw-dropping.
Anyway…here’s what you get for breaking the law…doesn’t specify plant count, but I’m under 7 plants/seedlings and will eventually be at 1 mother, 1 veg clone, 1 flowering…so 3 plants all in.
Screenshot below

3 Likes

I would think with the Quebec precedent set the potential to be taken to court would be less now.

7 Likes

I tend to agree, each province will be told the same thing. It would be wise however to wait until Quebec finishes the appeals process before diving in if you want to avoid being ‘that’ case in your province

4 Likes

I assume it would just be a fine - like a parking ticket.
…a fine and a ripped up grow room.

A buddy of mine got pinched about 20 years ago (we were about 15 or 16 at the time)…cops broke his lights, hacked his plants down and basically turned the whole room upside down. Took days to clean up…nothing was salvageable.

4 Likes

I would say it depends on how many over the limit u have but you are still entitled to your day in court. The federal outline is

"Possession, production, distribution and sale outside of what the law allows remains illegal and subject to criminal penalties, ranging from:

ticketing up to a maximum penalty of 14 years’ imprisonment"
The federal outline also says everyone has the right to grow 4 plants With the case law clearing up some things.
"Adults who are 18 or 19 years or older (depending on province or territory) are able to:

possess up to 30 grams of legal dried cannabis, or its equivalent in non-dried form, in public
share up to 30 grams of dried cannabis or its equivalent with other adults
buy cannabis products from a provincial or territorial retailer
grow up to 4 plants per residence (not per person) for personal use:from legally acquired seeds or seedlings depending on the province or territory"

Using case law to bypass provincial laws can be expensive in regards to legal fees, the fines Can be huge in provinces like NS fines up to 10000$ depending on infraction but as low as 150$. I would hope the fines are under 100$ per plant. I’m gonna have a look around and see what fines they’re handing out, if I can find any ill post results.

EDIT: Manitoba has growing listed as just over 2500$ fine

5 Likes

Yes can get expensive but is the other side willing to pay the costs of a trial and put resources into something that is on the fringe of being legal. Also I am sure that if you were the first to challenge in Manitoba there may be someone willing to help it go to trial as a challenge. Doesn’t mean being stupid to attract attention just from a risk perspective I think it’s low as long as you are smart and not caught with some amount that attracts big headlines.

5 Likes