The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Hi bro,how are you?
there were definitely many Mexican cannabis varieties that are extremely resistant, not long ago I uploaded a photo of a landrace from Puebla. that variety was born on its own, it survived without water all winter and right now it is still alive and my wife says that it hardly even gives it water and it is still alive. definitively the Mexican plants of Canabis were very selected through time

6 Likes

Peruvian Potatoes and Mexican corn…some of the finest breeding man has ever done.

3 Likes

Huixtepec are all sexed. Call it 7 weeks into flower from seed( start Feb 18,) when females began sexing a week ago, males a week earlier. 4 of each. Can’t ask for any better. Pics of the 4 ladies separately first, followed by the 4 males together. Sorry the lights went out on me for the last 2 ladies.

Transplanted into 1 gallon at photo time. Mix of last years outdoor soil and coast of maine supersoil

20 Likes

I know how busy you are this time of year but when you get some extra time I’d love to see those Michoacan plants😁

3 Likes

I read an article out Mexican corn re: fertilizer shortages and there’s a variety that has this sort of mucus that captures nitrogen from the air and drips onto soil giving itself free nitrogen.

I thought it was neat.

6 Likes

Ask and you shall receive. These are from snow highs 2016 preservation package. Day 23 since flip

21 Likes

Let me know how the effect it!

What effects is it supposed to have?

2 Likes

I agree, at least with Snow’s Acapulco Gold.

Me and a friend had major pest problems growing a hybrid strain in Southern California in summer 2020, growing under a mosquito tent, and doing organic IPM.

In summer 2021 we grew Snow’s AG and literally did 0 pest management. Easiest grow I’ve ever done. Outdoors, had some issues too as didn’t get watered enough, etc, but worked out well.

Btw carnal I’m from Southern California, but moved to Jalisco a few years ago. What part of Mexico are you in?

3 Likes

Lookin’ sweet!

2 Likes

Beautiful! I’m sure the smoke will be amazing.

Will you be making seeds? I’ll be glad to share the ones I make, for genetic variability.

4 Likes

Supposed to be nice notes of both incense and fruit that stays for a long time on your palate.

With the effects being “powerful, psychoactive and long-lasting” usually lasts a good 3 hours, very clear in your head.

I’ve never had it prior and after after finding them upon random Mexican landrace research I became obsessed for reasons I don’t fully understand myself… which usually means if I follow my gut instincts something awesome usually follows; but often with a good amount of hard work along the way :+1:

7 Likes

Yes I will be making seeds for the freakers ball and I’d be more than happy to share some with you, for genetic variability of course.

10 Likes

Thanks BigDaddy! Can’t wait to pop these seeds, heard great stuff about Michoacan.

4 Likes

I’m from Aguascalientes, pretty near Jalisco,but recently i moved on to Yucatán,deep in the south

4 Likes

Hi all, good day hermanos
I’m going to get a little off topic
and ask something
Has anyone of you bought with Cocogenes?
a landraces seeds company from India. I recently sent my payment for some seeds
but he doesn’t answer, he only reads my messages
someone had told me they were trustworthy
That’s why I bought the seeds.
could someone share their opinions?
Thanks in advance.

4 Likes

@Elchischas. Hey there buddy. It was probably me that told you of cocogenes. Many people here have ordered from him and I don’t know of any issues. I ordered and received from him several times myself a couple years ago . Sometimes he is collecting in the mountains or some other area and doesn’t get the messages for quite some time. Perhaps he has a friend looking at the messages? Hard to explain that part isn’t it?

3 Likes

I placed an order with them 2 months ago and they have yet to send me payment instructions.

3 Likes

Hi all! Trying not to go too photo happy but check this one out:

Cheers and have a great day.

20 Likes

Maybe he was affected by covid somehow.

6 Likes

That looks awesome!

2 Likes