The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Dang, them’s some Snowhigh prices! Lol, only need 15 people to throw down $20 each for 10 seeds.
:bear::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face::rofl::grimacing:
The backstory is cool, though…“and one life”
Not throwing shade, if those are verified, that’s a super cool accession.
@Upstate , you know of these? @Elpolloloco @Barefrog @Elchischas ?

9 Likes

Any mention of what part of Cauca these originated? Not seeing much regarding the point of origin. Seeing a mix of elevations.

2 Likes

I feel like extra scrutiny is due for the price point…How do we know this isn’t one of the CG hybridized lines with a marketing spin? If you check out the seedfinder page on Koby’s Genetics, only seeing polyhybrids.

4 Likes

Colombian Gold '72 jahgreenlabel USC

Snowhighs Colombian Gold

Santa Marta Gold british hempire’s

Look here scoll down and click pics of britsh hempire’s SMCG

These @ mr nice forum… top post by britshhempire shows the SMGC in pure form…a couple people showed hybrid seeds handed out by accident>>>

These Britsh hempire’s are the same as Snowhigh Colombian Gold(snowcap)

8 Likes

Interesting thread on cob curing Mexican Red Hair

This is good thread about snowhigh double Acapulco Gold w/pic big plants

9 Likes

Hers my other acupulco gold after getting it staked back up. She’s the biggest and healthiest out of the three females AGs that I have.

15 Likes

Really!? Man I can’t wait! Those plant pictures you just posted look OUTSTANDING!

8 Likes

How do we know that the pics shown by BH are not simply the sativa dominant pheno? My understanding is that British hempire colombian gold is hybridized.

from BH himself:

“This Colombian I have may not be 100% pure Santa Marta sativa genes but it’s a very special line imho, and whatever indica it might have had infused into it hasn’t done anything but improve it. Nev might be right, it might have some NL5 in it. All I can do to answer the questions is make more seed and spread it about so people can grow it and decide for themselves what they think it is.”

How do we know that BH col gold is the same as snowhigh’s? Yes there’s a mention in thread alluding to snowcap, but is there any evidence otherwise? Has snowhigh ever confirmed the point of origin, do the stories line up?

7 Likes

Looking @ not only mr nice but here

You have to scroll down and click the pics

Also, what they are saying in that mr nice thread pg 2 is that hempires SMCG is really out of snowhigh’s Colombian Gold seeds

Snowhigh got his Colombian Gold from someone who saved old seeds and found out he worked with landrace 70s weed and gave him the seeds

There are probably grow logs and smoke reports from Snowhigh Colombian Gold

3 Likes

I see what you mean…however, I think it was a real mix-up of seeds sent

Hempire really had to have wondering what to say with the plants @ first that’s true

Then they figured out some hybrids had been sent out by mistake…

british hempire quote:

“The four live Colombian plants I have now are undoubtedly pure, and I have more pure Colombian seedstock so I can make plenty more pure seeds”

His pure plants are well worth growing!

Hempire is saying its Snowhigh’s after Nevil asked him about…

Nevil asks if its same as Snows…

britshhempire quote:

"Yes, snowcap’s line is the same one. "(snowcap is snowhigh)

Im surpised too…Ive read that thread a couple times before and never connected that…

Its because Nevil asks on pg1 and the reply answers on the next page…

Might have ask hempire what he means…seems clear but Ask him…get a few seeds too probably

3 Likes

Oaxacan

Swazipulco
Oaxacan x red snake

12 Likes

ColOmbian

1 Like

So the Exotic Alchemy landraces are legit? I was looking at their Panama Red, Colombian Gold, and Jamaican Lambsdread for my Enchanted Island Haze project (a Haze made out of an islander Puerto Rican inspiration after longing for that jet fuel sky rocket high that we used to get in the 90s with imported brick weed which was simply phenomenal).

Snow High’s Panama, even if available, which I could not find, is still way too pricey for me. 60 to 100 euros is all right. But man, 150 to 200 is a lot to dish out when you have so many strains to hunt down and other wordly pleasures in which to indulge.

6 Likes

Apologies if I’ve missed it, but is anyone growing anything from El Salvador?

When I was there I’m pretty sure we were smoking Mexican but if anyone has any legit Salvadoreno beans I’d be very interested. Honduras and Guatemala, good too, I’ve already got some Honduras but I don’t hear El Salvador very often.

4 Likes

12-14 weeks is a hybrid Santa Marta. Still sounds great. @HeadyBearAdventures I’m going to pass on this one.

Man there’s nothing around from there, Costa Rica, Nicaragua or Belize. Sure would be nice to see what those countries have. How was that smoke?
I just picked up five seeds of " scary" Colombian for $20 a piece. I’m not super confident about germination, But I’ll be giving them a try in the next week. They are from the 60’s originally. Guy had good germination with the other five seeds. 100% in fact…
Flowering time on this one is also fast at around twelve to fourteen weeks. It’s definitely a hybrid, but it’s scary😋 and old so i dont care…

6 Likes

The smoke was really nice but like I said pretty sure it was Mexican brick. Tasty, up. Tienes? Quieres? Good times.

I don’t expect it’d be much different from some of the other CA strains that are around but thought I’d check.

Good luck popping them. My best is 20 years but they were stored well.

3 Likes

Maybe not too different… but I did hear that there is some extremely potent red hair strain in Nicaragua. El Salvador is next door…

2 Likes

Yes I’d be interested in that.

Keep me in mind if you hear it floating around.

2 Likes

Good grief, I go away for a week and there’s 500 new posts, hehe… here’s the Upstate Oaxacan starting to build her flowers. Not too much aroma yet, but I’m just about to dust a few branches with Red Snake. Also might snag some Nepali pollen this week from Vermontman to see if we can shorten up the flowering time. And a couple of my clones from this girl appear to have taken, so more combos up the road.

30 Likes

Oaxacan 79 x Panama

22 Likes