The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Thanks @Tejas unfortunately those two actually snapped off completely near the middle and I needed an extra set of hands if I was going to repair them. I decided in the moment to just let them go as there is still the lower half of each plant and will still provide a decent harvest from each since they were so large.

The punto rojo split down the middle but that one I was able to simply push back up and wrap some garden wire around it along with some twine higher up. This at least saved a 6ft branch thankfully and it looks completely healthy.

23 Likes

Yeah, thats the type of wish-bone split you can fix…thats what I was afraid of with the other one but thats best attitude…get what you can and might end up being really special herbs in the end

Looks like you got some serious headroom on these plants!!

6 Likes

Exactly my thought in the moment.

Indeed and those branches are pretty damn heavy

4 Likes

Ive seen people toss a “net” Like a cargo net over and tie it down

But those were more spherical structured plants

Same principle might work for you somehow…Stabilize the situation

1 Like

macgyver-approved-macgyver

2 Likes

Red Snake with the NatureFarm 95 Silver Haze male seeds on board.

20 Likes

Pure isolated Peruvian.
Aka Peruvian gold aka cartel gold

This is a very skunky stinker throwing pink pistols that is the only one to throw a couple herms (for some reason I always find males to be extra loud skunk…recessive connection there? ) very common for landrace s. Americans sativas.

34 Likes

@deeez99 and @herbgreen, a natural girdling of sorts, how cool! Much love

2 Likes

finally we see that Peruvian, i think that might be the one upstate was very exited about, heard alot from it, looks quiet ok to me, wich i cant say for everything on net, wonderfull pink. slightly oldschool

7 Likes

I don’t know if your question was already answered, if so then I am sorry.

I grew both Guatemala and they are different.

The Ace Guatemala has broad leafs and is very mold susceptible so the official Ace story about the origin is very very doubtful, in the jungle these plants would never make it.

The CBG Guatemala is narrow leaf and not mold susceptible and smells different and grows differently.

15 Likes

Buds look good. How do the plants look? Sativas or hybrids?

2 Likes

That’s a bummer. I thought they had left this one alone.

6 Likes

Everything from ACE its hybrid, comercial thing…
Everything!!!

11 Likes

My Bangi Haze from them is clearly a hybrid.

6 Likes

Do you have any pics to share? This is one I just can’t seem to find any grow reports on but one I’ve been curious about for quite some time. Thanks.

3 Likes

Kush Hybrid

1 Like

IIRC ACE pulled it due to intersex issues . I’d check the ACE thread / Breeders Thread on ICM .

3 Likes

That’s what I remember @boatbum325

1 Like

I agree. Ace is not honest and the plant descriptions and alleged “immunity against blablabla” are so laughable. All nice words and appearance, no truth. And the prices… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Sorry, no I don’t have any pics. It grew big, very big leafs, didn’t like the smell, it was a strange dusty smell and the mold was a joke, the jungle it came from must have been in the desert.

1 Like