The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Ye certainly at home loving the high altitude.

Red snake …ye

Not bad for 5 weeks

These plants are so privileged to grow in El Valle de Lunar)
(The Valley of the moon.

Sativa country.
P J

19 Likes

Green phenotype Astur Jaya Mexicana

Acapulco Gold

23 Likes

17 Likes

It’s quite possible. I really do think there are Lebanese genetics in some ( at least 1) Oaxaca landraces.

3 Likes

@George pulled the coyacan, week 12. May have to grow a couple of these this summer. :thinking:

25 Likes

Bring uuuuuusssss…

A SHRUBBERY

(NEE, NEE NEE!)

12 Likes

Dang! The Colombian does that to Oaxaca? Which Colombian?

3 Likes

Lol. No it’s Oaxaca × my 2 of my lines…one is my uncles 75 Afghan

8 Likes

You must cut down the largest bud on the plant with…
A HERRING!

7 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::bear::rofl:

I got gifted a pack of Bodhi’s ZAP this week. Now I need to breed it to a Chiapas heirloom…I’ll call it Zapatista!

15 Likes

I know someone is working on one right now.

6 Likes

Of fucking course you do!
Well, at least you know my breeding plan (even if it’s just based on a clever name).

8 Likes

Nope…

3 Likes

Are these in Chile or Panama?

Nice crop. Did you top above the 2nd node to get 4 main colas, or is that the 3rd @Panamajock ?

Buena suete,
Tio

4 Likes

Sounds like A good plan too. I don’t know any details of the breeding project except that old Chiapas Seed was successfully germinated with the goal of it reaching the public at some point. I can’t wait.

6 Likes

Actually I nipped them at the 4th node…one I think,is the 3rd node.

I will veg an other. Couple of weeks then out in the greenhouse…headroom isn’t a problem and I’m Equitorial at high altitude…yes in Tieras Atlas ( the highlands) of Panama.

Thanks

6 Likes

Interesting.

9 Likes

That sounds very interesting, have you grown any out yet?

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I haven’t @Gpaw, Just George. He grew the same strain that was pictured growing with that 11’ tall outdoor Oaxaca plant last October and early November. I haven’t grown my own stuff in 5 years now. Time to break it out. I found a few local people to grow some for smoke/ seed and I’m giving my best lines to my family this year so we can pheno hunt, maybe make some hybrids too. Fun stuff😁

17 Likes

I would think a cross like that should have a number of interesting phenos to find.
I’d be interested in following that hunt! :+1:

Cheers
G

7 Likes