The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

You mentioned second round of budding do these long flower have a bud rotation? Like start new buds at different times? Just curious about the statement I guess.

Yeā€¦they were all re-potted to bigger pots last week except, I suspect is maleā€¦ye they got a good footprint for root expansionā€¦I gave them a good root feed when I re.pottedā€¦

Ye fine weather here just nowā€¦so Iā€™m looking 4ward to them flowering.

Thanks again.

Had a busy morning ā€¦time for a beer and get the Sunday bong out.![

Cheers
image|375x500](upload://jFjixGWWuDpYHbhB4jfdJpOJ79X.jpeg)

13 Likes

Most long flowering Sativas can do this, itā€™s common especially the final weeks.

Thanks

10 Likes

Oaxacan, here is the description from snowhigh seeds.

17 Likes

They are looking great!

4 Likes

Itā€™s because itā€™s made of cheeseā€¦LOL
Well thatā€™s what I was told as a kid.

P J

5 Likes

Is it still available from him? Whatā€™s your impression so far? Any strong smells? The flowers sure look stocky. I grew those Cryptic Labs Oaxaca from Upstate and have been really impressed. Nice job on your garden! peace

6 Likes

Awwww yeah found me a new cool thread read!

12 Likes

Donā€™t think they are available any longer. Hard for me to tell much as i seeded her with a Huixtepec male. Iā€™m not good on smells tastes etc. beautiful plant though

5 Likes

Oh youā€™re in for a treat my friend! This is the most popular thread of 2022ā€¦ with good reason! A virtual treasure trove: you could create an entire virtual South/ Central American themed world within your world, around the work of those who frequent this thread!
I generally stand, like our familiar 'squatch above, in wonder. :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Looks like the bud filled out nicely. Did any of the secondary branches come in?
Looks like sheā€™ll go at least a few more weeks

6 Likes

@Tejas did a reproduction for the freakers last year. If he isnā€™t still swimming in seeds, Iā€™ve got a pack for you. Yet another strain I really need to get into. There are so many sativas, so little timešŸ˜

11 Likes

I feel you. I got back into growing so late that I feel like Iā€™m racing against time to grow them all now. I have ADHD and this thing with having the seeds but just not enough time, lolā€¦ It makes my anxiety peg out. haaa

11 Likes

WWS1D? (What would @Slick1 do?)

Turn it around and peg it right back! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I just started therapy because of the mental health strain of all the coping mechanisms I have in place to deal with my previously undiagnosed ADHD.
Therapy has been awesome so far, and also itā€™s hard to come to terms with how much of my personality I crafted just to seem ā€œnormalā€ in groups of people!
PS, we never seen normal, but damned if I didnā€™t try!

12 Likes

THATā€™S WHAT SHE SAID!

8 Likes

I gotta say this thread and the lr&h thread have brought the joy of growing back to me. I was convinced by the general noise everywhere that special weed couldnā€™t be found anymore. @Upstate ā€˜s Oaxaca got me to the edge of the rabbit hole and a couple years later Iā€™m smoking rocket fuel from the opposite hemisphere.

Iā€™d be lying if I denied having pride in actually finishing these plants indoors but I know anyone with the patience to learn how can do this.

Personally it doesnā€™t bother me to wait for an equatorial or tropical plant I get to enjoy it longer.

18 Likes

Iā€™ve been told Iā€™m a good actor.

Thereā€™s a book I havenā€™t read yet but that I will in the near future called the courage to be disliked. I expect Iā€™m half disliked already which is at least half courageous :joy:

11 Likes

I was a theater kid, a drama major, and a professional actor. My therapist agrees that people who feel like they have to ā€œmaskā€ in their regular lives become great actors, because weā€™re always in a performance!

6 Likes

This terrifies me.

7 Likes

Oh youā€™re one brave sob then! Snicker :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes