The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

It’s flowering on its own. How can you tell if a plant reverts to vegetative mode? Does it stop throwing pistils?

No, that was a Skunk VA plant that came down last night.

I’m still trying to get the hang of growing outside in my part of the world. They just jump straight to flower when I put them outside from my grow room set to vegetative growth.

7 Likes

Most often, what I see is new leaves coming off of the top budsites. So where the bud ended in a point as it was flowering, now it has new vegetation

8 Likes

Anyone willing to give me just a couple bullet points/guidelines for Oaxaca. Like feed amount and pot size.

I grow in organic soil with additives like fish bone meal, blood meal, pelitized chicken manure and a few other odds and ends.

8 Likes

Very light to no feed doesn’t like hot soil. Let the pots go dry before watering. When up potting, put a small pile of organic fertilizer in the bottom of pot. A smaller pot when transitioning from veg to flower will help control stretch. Oaxacans will stretch 3-3.5 times. Good luck!
Edit: I used either a 4-4-4 or 5-5-5 organic fertilizer with my run.

15 Likes

Grow it for about two or three months, then take cuttings. Older plants flowered from cutting will stay much shorter and finish faster than trying to flower from seed.

11 Likes

I just add .first two three weeks from germ…they won’t need no additives…if in organic soil, should suffice till it’s starting to grow.
& as Tejas says keep the soil on the dry side…don’t want to be overwatered when there young…good luck.

@Kasper0909

P J

8 Likes

Awesome!! thanks guys that should be very helpful. :+1:

5 Likes

I stayed on the light side but I did feed a little. I use dry organic nutes and soil. But dry is fine by them and they never complained about my nutes later on.

Actually, I did break my leg in late Aug. and din’t feed them much at all after that happened. They don’t complain much.

7 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to answer me brother. I appreciate you.

6 Likes

Upstate update…robust and vigorous. Getting whiffs of cedar fragrance.

27 Likes

I have three Red Snake x Punta Cometa Oaxacans going. Each one a little different. Two are similar and third one is a little bit more spindly leaves. All are chunking up and filling out. The aromas are very sweet, lots of citrus, floral scents, honeysuckle and musk. They are getting sticky.

Spindly one looks a lot like the Red Snake line:

22 Likes

My Red Snake #2 had the same look. Fantastic smoke with wonderful aromas!

9 Likes

That looks real nice …I can see representation of both strains there.

Looks like that was a nice cross.

P J

8 Likes

which strain is that?

Man, what a nice structure and I love buds like that. Easy to trim and all bud. Beautiful! :v:

3 Likes

Ok @YoBigdaddy

Some avocado Alchemy going on.

Here we have avocado and I’ve thrown in some mashed mango…and a sprinkling of dried seaweed.

Looks like a real good starter. LOL

Let’s feed the worms

Does look about right!

P J

11 Likes

Those look amazing, can’t wait for the smoke report! Excellent work my friend. :clap: :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

Read the first line of TTs post

I have three Red Snake x Punta Cometa Oaxacans going.

P J

7 Likes

This one here is RS x PC? It’s a beautiful plant. thx!

14 Likes

Upstate/Cryptic Oaxacan. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Looks amazing, I bet the worms just love it.

7 Likes