The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Very nice! That pheno yields pretty well. That will be some great smoke😁
@TexasTea Very nice looking hybrid. Great resin coverage.

5 Likes

Thanks @TexasTea! I had a feeling. That plant is cool to grow. Mine were all about that height and made their own nice structure except for on that I topped a couple of times and put in a bigger pot. It spread out but never did stretch. It was/is some damn good smoke.

I bet it breeds well with others, too. I have some Oaxaca cross plants I’m growing now that was hit with some Lemon Thai pollen. So far they look nice. I only have 3 left and pretty sure of two males, and one for sure female. They’re pretty. I wanna grow more Oaxaca, too. I really loved that plant. Super friendly, no fussy BS. Enjoy!! :v:

6 Likes

Did u go 12/12 from seed on that gal?

3 Likes

No, I did a regular veg at 18/6 and then directly to 11/13 in the flower room. But small pot until halfway through the stretch. She’s in a 2.5 gallon now.

6 Likes

Out door oaxacan volunteers from
@Upstate
state of.oklahomies

19 Likes

So nice! I envy your head start. Awesome they volunteered too. They look so different started outdoors. I’m curious when they’ll show sex…
@GMan that Oaxaca× Lemon Thai holds promise.

8 Likes

Old Silversides s1 and other progeny.

10 Likes

Oaxaca is the gift that just keeps on giving!

Noticed Colorado satvas no longer mentions Cryptic ?

Or am I …seeing things that was never there?
https://colorad1.ic.tc/seeds/view/2993995/1/2994017

4 Likes

I don’t remember CS ever mentioning Cryptic Labs when describing that particular strain.

7 Likes

Anyone grow that one from Colorado sativas?

Really like the looks of it…I could swear it said cryptic

Seen some great results with people growing the Cryptic labs but theres a few nice Oaxaca strains around these days

3 Likes

Dont mean to inspire any misinformation…That’s interesting if it is a different one

Colorado Sativas Oaxaca

Genetics: Oaxaca, Mexico

Outdoor flowering: Mid to end of October

Gifted from a friend of a friend who worked in Oaxaca on an energy lease. Amazing aromas of cedar, mint, pine, incense, citrus, floral.

8 Likes

Oh yeah, I thought that, too, ever since I got things going last summer. I also just hope there was not other pollen involved. So far all of the crosses and LT seeds seem very symmetrical. I sort of wish I had done a few more plants of the Oax/LT and the Goji/LT.

It’s looking like one female Oax/LT, and the other two male, at least one. I was amazed that I’m getting to see the sex so early. It took a couple of months outside last year. The LT was actually a faster plant than I expected. It showed sex early and finished in plenty of time.

I think the Goji/LT is 1F and 1M for the two I have. The LT ix was made by @santero. I never got to smoke it before either. I only had one female and two males so I made seeds. I’ll have to let SAN be the judge when they mature. I know it was a terpy plant. I think I have 7 of those going to see if they look right. So far so good.

That sounds early to finish but I know there are other varieties of Oaxaca. Cryptic was 12 -16wks. I think. it would be cool to enjoy all of the others. Crap, what am I saying? I can load a bowl right now. I still have some smoke. It is a lovely change from hybrid world.

:man_farmer: :v::seedling:

12 Likes

Colorado sativas has a different Oaxaca. Seeds are big. Cryptic labs Oaxaca has small seed. Some are Blackseed

9 Likes

That pearly Cryptic labs Oaxacan pheno is so similar to my favorite Red Snake that it really makes me think that the famed Oaxacan 79 must be a sister plant.

7 Likes

Which was that? #2 or #6? About to drop some you sent me.

6 Likes

They both say perfume but one says spindly.

5 Likes

#2 is my favorite and had the pearly look with amazing candy flavor and floral aromas. But the #4 was also spectacular with similar qualities, but more compact growth and columnar shape.

7 Likes

So they smoke pretty much alike but just different frames. Thank you :blush:

Candy? Unexpected

3 Likes

Definitely. They get going nicely and then finish quicker than you think they would too. I would guess maybe 12-13 weeks.

7 Likes

Don’t over dry or you will lose the candy sweet flavor!

7 Likes