The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

I need to find the pack I grew from last year. There must be more. I popped 5 seeds and all were female, lol. I can’t believe all of the variations people are finding. I think it’s really cool. I’d like to grow it again. I’ll be digging it out. She’s been one of the better landrace examples I’ve had in a while. She over performed IMO. :yum:

2 Likes

I don’t think they’ve been grown out yet. It’s a good one.

22 Likes

Damn, that looks great. Sorry I missed that one, but there are so many strains, and so little time.

3 Likes

@Motaco I’m doing my best NOT TO pop the rest of the original seeds…and you may have just ruined me lol.

4 Likes

That’s the Huixtepec? Goodness I might have to as well. :joy:

4 Likes

Oaxaca 9 weeks flower

20 Likes

Heck yeah! @Greenfingers You found a really good one😁. Looking awesome.
@GREANDAL the Huix are up there with Oaxaca. As potent, but more stoney.
The seeds I passed out were from miss pink stem, pictured above. My weed was very seedy, but the potency was still excellent.

6 Likes

I’d love to know the native american word for " Two plants". That’s what I would name the silversides phenos if I had to re name them. Those fat ass leaves down low, and then the craziest sativa you’ve ever seen, up high. Like Two plants.

8 Likes

Thanks @Upstate, I appreciate the encouragement, these are beautiful plants.:peace_symbol:

4 Likes

@deeez99 @TexasTea @Tejas

Red Snake latest.

We’re coming into the Zone now
10 weeks 3 days…had a couple of smashing sunny days here…and the snakes have bust in to life again.

Well enjoy the pics

Thanks again Deezer

P J

22 Likes

Baby red Snake …coming into flower

And making one up from a snake sun dried bud…got to test the product.

P J

19 Likes

Man, those snakes are looking awesome! You are going to have some first class smoke there…just don’t let them go too long and don’t over dry them if you want to preserve the aromas and flavors. I just took down two of my indoor girls and yesterday I had an early dried sample toke that tasted just like roses. :smiley:

9 Likes

With the long flower strains do the put out as much bud as landrace indicas or is it more sparse? It sounds like a little goes a long way.

3 Likes

Do you think that phenomenon could be b.c you started them indoors and then bring them out to utilize the light bulb in the sky later in their lives? So as the new growth comes in, it adapts to a stronger source of light/energy, thereby reverting back to the typical narrow leaf expression?

2 Likes

I would think that all depends on how much you allow them to veg and grow to their potential (container size vs in ground), uninhibited (in the right environment, ideally mimicking point of origin) it seems they can yield well

3 Likes

Ye they be ready next week…maybe little snake a tad longer…few days.
The resin is drying on the buds, and they are taking on a darker colour.

Ye I got a cupboard for them …slow dry them.

I got some new TERP Loc bags fr curing.

P J

15 Likes

18 Likes

Just a quick Oaxaca update. Been working a lot this past week so didn’t get to take better pictures.

Here is Old Silversides over 7 feet tall. I swear this one smells like a juniper when I cut a branch down for a taste test.

Here is a close up of the shorter pheno to the left of Old Silversides. Getting nice and bushy for me now.

And finally here is a close up of Old Silversides.

More to come!

28 Likes

Looking great …smashing that old Silverside …Awesome.

Ye the hotboxes done there stuff …good job.

P J

4 Likes

That’s a rare terpene. Awesome!
@US3RNAM3 fat leaves early indoors or outdoors. Doesn’t seem to matter. It’s a pretty common occurrence with sativas. When they first come up you are thinking you got ripped off because the Leaves are on the fat side, And then they narrow as it grows.
@HumblePie420 wow. You’ll be In Oaxaca heaven before too much longer. Resin will come in thick soon. Looking great! I see 10 feet happening😁

12 Likes