The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Yes, I have had that before with the Red Snake. The candy rose flavor and related honey and floral aromas are basically what I’ve been chasing for two years now. Seems to go hand in hand with high potency as well. Whether it comes from the Oaxacan '79 side or the Punto Rojo side, or perhaps a combo of the two I do not know. So one of the reasons I have been so keen on trying out all these other Oaxacan lines is to see if I can find that flavor and aroma profile in any others.

12 Likes

All these plants outdoors and here I’m in zone 6b going “not even a chance in Narnia!”.

:rofl:

Great work everyone! Seeing these plants is always inspiring!

15 Likes

@Pigeonman I’m zone 4😁. You could do it, granted it’s lots of effort without a greenhouse.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s definitely possible @Pigeonman , if you feel like working that hard. LOL @Upstate and I are at the same latitude but he gets colder sooner.

2 Likes

I’m done f*cking around tho, building a greenhouse now.

9 Likes

@GREANDAL :thinking:

My season is usually frost free May 24-Oct 1st but end of Aug + the whole of Sept is a shit show where if something is gonna get PM or BudRot it’s then.

This is why I’m running a Delicatessen Queen Mother Sativa this year to see how it goes. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

So you get a lot of moisture then. Yeah “just” have to find things that can handle that. In the process of that myself.

2 Likes

Yep. I’m right off Lake Ontario but up high so it’s often super moist here when the warm lake water condenses in the cooling air and then slams into the cliffs. Some days it’s cloud city meets silent hill!

5 Likes

PCO. Babies

Doing good so far

16 Likes

They have come on great …since your last pics…

Ye looking well.

P J

5 Likes

Yeah the moisture is tough. I get it from temperature drop rather than from the lake. Definitely narrows down what will perform. We’re frost free for a similar length of time, but I’ve had August frost and by mid September it’s a sure thing most years. I’ll be curious to see how that Queen Mother works out. I remember those nice plants you grew last year. Hoping for a repeat performance from the Queen. If it can finish for you there’s a chance it could finish for me.

3 Likes

What size grow bags? Looking good👍

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Lonely Punta Rojas…

Alas no males. The search for pollen is on.

17 Likes

STS THAT!!!

:wink:

6 Likes

Well I haven’t done that before and I don’t have any on hand. I guess I should research that. I suppose I have time huh? LOL

4 Likes

Six females out of six…Whaa that’s some ratio.

They do look pretty …think of all that lovely bud!

P J

2 Likes

Those are 3 gallon with removable bottoms

2 Likes

It’ll keep me warm next winter! :wink:

1 Like

@GREANDAL Have you taken any cuttings?

2 Likes