The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Without a doubt….you know Sativas love this high altitude and climate.Definitely a Sativa Zone.

And all the plants are very uniform….

Thanks again Paps

Ye enjoying this grow

9 Likes

Not too bad…

Only 10-12 more weeks! LMAO

19 Likes

Hermosa!

Looking real :blush: nice.

P J

6 Likes

Thank you :blush:

They smell really good. Some intense lime/citrus.

8 Likes

Sweet thanks much for the recs!! I might have to trip up to the nose, and catch some falcon vibes :slight_smile: I think our itinerary looks pretty good, lot of breweries, u-pick farms, and nature spots. Hoping I am not too early for berries and stonefruit will be up that way in about 3 weeks. Also going VT

5 Likes

So my long flowers have reached 5-6 node is this a good time to pinch the tops for first topping?

8 Likes

Have they shown yet? Usually around the 5-7 nodes you’ll see preflowers.

5 Likes

Not yet at day 24 don’t know if that makes a difference

4 Likes

Well If it were my plant, I would let it go until day 30-35 and keep an eye out for preflowers then if it shows female cut it back to whichever node the space calls for. I don’t know if you’re indoors or out but either way at this point it wouldn’t be any quicker to flip it than to wait and it’s always better not to screw too hard with the hormones in a slow plant.

Are these the cryptic labs Oaxaca?

7 Likes

I’m running 12/12 indoors. I have multiple going so waiting to see what plays out. If to many will put outside to finish come October or so.

6 Likes

In that case I would just wait until you find preflowers and do your doctoring then. It shouldn’t be long.

7 Likes

Cool thanks for the tips.:+1:

7 Likes

You’re most welcome :pray:

3 Likes

Mine showed around 5 weeks 12/12, July 22 will be 16 weeks or 112 days in flower. If it goes longer no worries.

5 Likes

Cheers for the detailed reply on this, I love hearing about historical movements of cannabis, for sure if I moved that far from Lebanon, Pakistan, China or Philippines to Mexico I would be bringing my seeds… The same for food crops…
At least 5000 years of cannabis cultivation, everything is a hybrid! Whether it be F4873 or F1, as you say if there’s segregation in later generations its a recent hybrid.

From the long term viewpoint I’ve also come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as native plants - just adapted plant communities - especially when it comes to food crops. Humans are very much part of nature and have been moving about as long as there are legs and boats, no matter how disconnected one may feel from it at times. It’s only because of recent globalisation that it has sped up considerably, giving rise to well adapted ‘invasive’ plants, from the relatively short term viewpoint.

You grow food too?

5 Likes

This be true all right - when a plant has everything it needs in balance it can make it’s full long chain amino acids and become unpalatable to insects and pathogens. (Learned that from the Syntropic Agroforestry crew)
I find lack of regular waterings (rainfall or irrigation) to bring on the aphids, whether that be from the surrounding lands or the garden. Has been dry here from mid May till end June, so many trees covered in aphids, but none on the regularly irrigated ones.

4 Likes

Ever hear of Ben Faulk? https://www.wholesystemsdesign.com
I’d love to see his place if I was in that part of the world

3 Likes

I agree. If that were to ever happen, I hope such individuals shoot each other, instead of the cat.

1 Like

Thanks for suggestion, always good to check out the blueprints for how to build awesome systems. I have been deep into tropical permaculture and syntropic ag. Will be very cool to see some of the temperate works and edibles :slight_smile:

1 Like

Punto Rojo
2nd day outside

16 Likes