The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 2)

Thanks for suggestion, always good to check out the blueprints for how to build awesome systems. I have been deep into tropical permaculture and syntropic ag. Will be very cool to see some of the temperate works and edibles :slight_smile:

1 Like

Punto Rojo
2nd day outside

16 Likes

A couple of Destroyers :grinning:

8 Likes

A volunteer came up where the Oaxaca was growing last summer. I made a few seeds with the male I had. I haven’t decided what to do with it yet. I promised myself I wouldn’t grow another sativa in the ground. :crazy_face:

16 Likes

…. But it looks so nice.

7 Likes

aw come on you know you want to! and the plant obviously does too!

7 Likes

Let it grooooooow. Ignore it like the weed it is and see what it does. Lol

Just keep something sharp handy

I can see how it might be a pita if you keep your hose there.

5 Likes

fat chicks

skinny gangggg, let’s gooo

5 Likes

Put it through the torture test! see what she can handle don’t do nothing to it only let it get rain and just see what it does :slight_smile: she’ll probably surprise you :slight_smile: just saying lol

5 Likes

Dig it up and take it in or transplant it to a 5 gal pail leave it out.

6 Likes

Well you didn’t plant it it grew itself. So really it’s like grass just doing its own thing. Weird logic I know but if you try hard enough you can almost justify anything.:rofl:. Plants are looking good!

5 Likes

Update on @Hyp3 Zacatecas

Two lovely plants. The short one is definitely a male unfortunately. I had hoped it was female. The tall one has amazing vigor, but based off its growth structure I think it is probably a male too. I am not sure if I will get a female to try unfortunately. I still have another half dozen or so to pop, so fingers crossed. Not sure when I will get around to that.

25 Likes

@Upstate @Papalag

Oxacan x Choc Rain

14 days since flip…all showing sex

One male…and four females…Yipee!

Doing well…still stretching…but,slowing down …thank goodness…side branching coming on….

P J

29 Likes

They should train well . They do look very healthy and happy
Beautiful work

6 Likes

Would any of these landrace strains grow in an outdoor Michigan season?

8 Likes

With light deprivation etc. I’m sure some of the more Afghani lsndraces should definitely be doable @Bobgrows

7 Likes

Are those plants ever beautiful.
Good Luck all the way through @Panamajock

6 Likes

Ye …well pleased…one of my recent grows I got three males out of four…so it all seems to work out.

That male more than doubled in size in two weeks…I could see it daily…incredible…

The smallest female, real stocky showing plenty bud sites is a fav so far …but love all them females.

Ye so far so good…with the x you and upstate have done …they look exellent, all germed …have grown without nutes just Compost tea and a couple of fruit drinks…

Ye well done.

11 Likes

Crazy! Can almost hear them growing. lol

7 Likes

Nice plants @Panamajock, my Oaxaca grew an inch a day if not more.:peace_symbol:

9 Likes