The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Verdad.

Best thread on OG

The knowledge and feed back ,and help with advice on this thread is exellent.
And don’t forget the Oxacan …Lol

3 Likes

Ye why not…I’m doing a couple of Ace seeds Bangi Haze just now.

Yes do it we can compare

Regards

P J

11 Likes

Start a new Topic

@PineTarBastard grows C S Bangi Haze.

I will join in I’m sure most of the guy on here will join in.

Or if it’s ok wi @Upstate do it here…( it’s his thread) but then we are getting away from Central America , Thread…

Easy to start a new Topic…and you can earn a Badge.

5 Likes

It’s usually like that or I have to wing it. Usually the latter. I often don’t know anything like the amount of stretch, bud pattern, or even flowering times. That information has to be guessed based on the other little tidbits of information I can find and upon latitude and elevation. I will often track people down that know more than I do about a given region and then Hammer them with Relentless questioning until I feel satisfied that I know as much as I need to know. More often than not I stay in touch with them and we become friends.

11 Likes

I love this reply. I’m really obsessed, culturally speaking, with the concept of community; this corner of the cannabis cultivation works seems like a unique representation of that concept. :bear::+1:
Respect.

5 Likes

6 Likes

The Bahia landrace is small but is my favourite:

12 Likes

@PineTarBastard

Well done…I be following

& Good Luck

2 Likes

Miss Ridiculous Oaxaca. Picked this morning😁 i have to check to be sure but i think this was a 13 or even 12 week plant. She is revegging @HumblePie420

16 Likes

@Upstate 's advice is solid and i’ve taken notes! :open_mouth:

I have yet to run them, but I ordered 10x Jalisco (Mexican LR) from The Landrace Team and as far as business practices go with interacting with the customer they were solid.

No freebies, minimal packaging (seeds in a dime-bag folded in paper towel) with the dime-bag in a folded drawing from one of their kids (like something you begrudgingly put on your fridge cause they’re proud of it drawing) and all in a bubble-envelope.

Shipping took what was suggested (:greece::canada: = 3-5 weeks) and no damaged seeds.

Next step is to grow them which excitingly is the next project lined up! :smiley: :+1:

This is all just mentioning the business side of things versus anything else but I did find it a good sign that they followed up with me about emailing them with photo updates on the grow when it happens. And at that time I plan on watermarking every image I send them :rofl:

I hope you find what you need growmie! :fist_right: :fist_left:

Dude I’m excited to see how this beauty does for you as I wanted to run them at some point as well :smiley:

10 Likes

Same here the package from landrace team was substandard…i.have seen better.from posters on overgrow

2 Likes

The plan is to cross fingers for a male and make 78 different crosses. Especially if it’s like a 20 weeker it might be a good thing :+1:

5 Likes

Let’s hope the germ rate on these are better than the Malawi Gold I ran. I got 3 out of 30. TLT did send replacements, but got here too late for the current run.

4 Likes

Oh shit! When did you get yours? I have some I haven’t run yet.

Edit: never mind they’re from rsc. lol

3 Likes

Chihuahua Copper Canyon’90

Destroyer Chi, Destroyer * CCC90 Shes huge

33 Likes

Beautiful!

5 Likes

Chunking up!

2 Likes

Woohoo going to Panama in January!

Too bad I’ve already got some Panama beans. Maybe I’ll take a road trip or two…

6 Likes
6 Likes

Not allowed. Not allowed. I’ve told Mrs Foreigner many times. They kick you out of the country if you sing it.

5 Likes