The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Lambsread from Exotic alchemy

10 Likes

Itā€™ll be wrong for me to come atcha with hands out. I wonā€™t be up and running for a couple of months. Contractor has multiple Cancer-related Appointments and we have a FOOT of Snow to deal with!!! Probably wonā€™t have a full-fledge grow going until at least Spring. Thanks for the outreach, SUPER-OG of you, of course. SS/BW, my friendā€¦mister :honeybee: :100:

10 Likes

You better WIKI in some more slots, I got about 7 strains Iā€™ve been saving and any pollen will be saved to pass on for breeding.

Iā€™ll post a list when I get homeā€¦been waiting for this

:metal::sunglasses:

13 Likes

So happy to see you here! How do I make it a Wiki?

7 Likes

Love some of that pollen or seeds if you get a pairā€¦have a number of Jamaicans I can pass along. Since this includes the islands I have a special gifted seed from and to Rastafarian family member from one of the groups.

A few others include
Columbian Gold
Zacata Tribute
Green Gold Mexican Heirloom
Michuakan

Was trying to cover all the Cheech and Chong Strains

18 Likes

Hereā€™s my list, if anyone needs something to run hit me up PM. Wonā€™t be able to drop until December 5.

26 Likes

Iā€™m watching this one hard!! This is the region I am most excited by. Asia is cool and amazing, as is Africa, but there is a dynamism and vibrancy to Latin America. Itā€™s a combination of so many things for me, the accessibility, ease, and beauty of the language, the richness and diversity of people and culture, the unparalleled diversity of flora and fauna. The botanical possibilities of the Colombian New World excite me more than anything. So much unexplored land of unrivaled richness and fertility, just to our south.

17 Likes

Depending on how my next grow cycle shakes out, I may join you guys with some Caribbean / island genetics in early 2021.

11 Likes

Killer lineup! Cheech and Chong just might show up at your place lol. Dont forget seed pictures before the soak. Are you running all of these? Should I add them to the list?

8 Likes

I hope you do! What would it be?

6 Likes

I so need to find a Sativa to grow :slight_smile:

but 28 weeks flowering is not really doable :frowning:

my attention span is way too short

thought about maybe one of these

LLANERA Vegetative stage: 15 to 20 weeks
Flowering: 12 to 17 week

or maybe this one

PUNTO ROJO

Vegetative stage: 16 to 20 weeks
Flowering: 12 to 16 weeks

so many seeds to grow sooooo little time :frowning:

Dequilo

15 Likes

Not going to be running ANYTHING until Spring, but will literally B-E-G you to set aside some of those for me. Thanks, enjoy a Festive Holiday Season, take special care, stay EXTRA safe and, indeed, be wellā€¦mister :honeybee: :pray: :100:

9 Likes

You got it B, I can send a mini DWC that you can run four plants inside with a cheap light source. Solo cup winner made over 2 OZ with a similar system off one plant.

Iā€™d send the Bodhi AC to anyone wanting to run, if you get a male just save me some pollenā€¦Iā€™ll probably not be able to run all unless I only drop 1 each, like to drop at least 3ā€™s.

11 Likes

No need, no space in Main House to run anything. Gonna start seeds in Feb, veg until late May, then flip as we canā€™t put anything out until late June here in Northern Maine. I lost all my cuts last Summer when a pump failed. I didnā€™t notice with all the construction going on, couldnā€™t save anything. I decided to just wait until the Spring. You have to KNOW I appreciate your OG-offer, I really do. Until Iā€™m in ā€œgrow modeā€, seeds only!!! You take special care, stay EXTRA safe and, yesā€¦be well. Enjoy your Holidaysā€¦mister :honeybee: :pray: :100:

7 Likes

Iā€™d be doing an open pollination of bodhiā€™s Jahruba jamaica x aruba.

I also have a panama red x bubba kush by ninefold collective (specifically a breeder named limo) which I would like to preserve. I am also planning to make hybrids with the jahruba for more island sativa influence in the bubba red.

12 Likes

If no one has taken you up on it yet Iā€™d be happy to run the AG.

Iā€™d be able to have them going by mid Feb.

Also, if Iā€™m too new here and you donā€™t feel comfortable having me take this on, no worries.

5 Likes

I canā€™t tell you how long Iā€™ve been wanting to run that AG. Even if I had the time, I donā€™t think I have the requisite growing/breeding experience to do a preservation run on such a long flowering strain; too much can go wrong. I hope whoever decides to run that one does a preservation run and knows their way around a sativa! I really would love some F2s to hold onto. It is truly my holy grail strain.

11 Likes

I have bodhiā€™s acapulco gold as well, and havenā€™t grown it out for exactly those reasons. lefthand gave me some hope with his AG grow a while ago. Hopefully Iā€™ll be able to pull it off one day, and really spread those genetics far and wide.

11 Likes

Argh. Hereā€™s to hoping some one who is both more capable and patient than I can bear the burden soon.

6 Likes

PM me a safe addy and Iā€™ll get some out to you. Hereā€™s a pic of the AG a bit short of finishing, was really hoping for a boy.

40 Likes