The Chocolate Factory 🍫

My adventure for some true chocolate has begun! :chocolate_bar:

I’ve been gathering a collection of genetics that I think will produce some quality chocolate plants. This has been a project that I’ve been excited to start for some time. I plan to search through multiple packs of different genetics, finding & breeding keepers along the way. I’m not intending to do any preservations or F2s, but that’s not to say it won’t happen. My main goal and focus is to create something new & modernized. I’d like to make a stable & consistent, pure chocolate strain. Something unmistakably chocolate. Once I have that stabilized, I think that quality chocolate genetics could complement many of today’s strains to make some delicious crosses!!

The genetics that I currently have to work with are:
TH Seeds - Chocolate Chunk (Fems)
DNA Genetics - Chocolope (Fems)
Hazeman - Cocoa Puffs
Hazeman - Chocolate Thai F4
AK Bean Brain - OG Chocolate Thai F5
SoCal Seed Vault - Dark Chocolate
Swami Organic Seeds - Chocolate Thai IBL
Katsu Seeds - Chocolate Lava Cake
Katsu Seeds - Dracarys (Fems)
Exotic Alchemy - Chocolate Thai
Homebrew420 (Forum member) - Chocolate Thai F4

Now the hunt begins!! :chocolate_bar::chocolate_bar::chocolate_bar:

I’ve started the Chocolate Chunk and a pack of Chocolope, to put outdoor. The Chocolate Chunk is 11/11 sprouted and looking good. The Chocolope went 2/6. I’m in the process of getting more, so I’ll soak the other pack, soon.

I plan to keep this post updated with my progress, and to share my experiences throughout this journey through the Chocolate Factory!! :chocolate_bar::chocolate_bar:

97 Likes

Sounds fun to watch. Already off to a great start, pulling up a :seat:…grow on!

Paws

6 Likes

This sounds real interesting. I will sit down here on the grass and watch if that’s cool. Best of luck.

10 Likes

I hope you make some cool stuff. I was sort of on a hunt about five years ago but wasn’t having luck.

I do have a strain that @Sunvalley made that @Sebring sent me a couple of years ago and Sun said people that grew it were getting choco phenos. It’s Cuveè x Blues. I’ve been wanting to do them. If I get to them and find any choco I’ll try and remember you to donate to the cause.

I remember some bud in the old days had chocolate nuances and I always loved that. I’ve always wanted to find something again. Best vibes!

8 Likes

I love your project! :sunglasses: :+1:

I’ll pull up and take a few notes… Right after I get the bong loaded :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Cheers
G

10 Likes

Interesting, who doesn’t like chocolate. I’ll pull a chair up here in the peanut gallery .

7 Likes

Outside, you say? If no objection, bringing my own stump, gonna sit here between @DougDawson and @Gpaw as BOTH have nudged me in the past after my falling asleep. You have an awesome project planned, much success to ya, do SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

I wish a the best of luck on your project, and hope you get the outcome you want.
Grabbing a chair
:love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Chocolate strains :drooling_face:

6 Likes

I’m sending the Fems outside. Gonna run the regs indoor. I’m thinking of going through the Cocoa Puffs beans next, as soon as space is available in the tents. :metal:t3:

5 Likes

Great project, and great group of chocolate strains.

I have a plan to do something like this too one day with several chocolate strains in the collection.

I’ll be following along.

5 Likes

I’ll be watching for sure! I want smell-o-vision!!!

9 Likes

I’m soaking my second pack of Chocolope. The first pack had poor germ rates. Hoping for better results from this one (there were only 5 beans in this 6 pack). :crossed_fingers:t3:

13 Likes

Untitled
Hmmmm… Looking into the future

7 Likes

Oh yes. That will be a thing. :drooling_face:

20 Likes

8 Likes

That original chocolope!! Very jealous! I’m growing out some seeded chocolopez by blimburm right now. Can’t wait to see what you grow! Pulling up a stump

7 Likes

I have a few Koffee F6 by PacificNWRoots started. A chocolate x coffee could bring out that richer, unrefined cocoa flavor. :coffee: :chocolate_bar:

11 Likes

Haven’t grown the chocolope but sure have enjoyed smoking it. Always thought it would be nice to grow though. Gonna follow along and see where this goes.

4 Likes

I had a strain called Choco-Latte that was amazing. More coffee than chocolate but there was a subtle chocolate present. Actually have a few beans left from it too that I may make more of eventually (then again I want to make more of most things I come across).

4 Likes