So, I thought the system was really humming along. but while I was out of town for a week on business in a seriously non-cannabis friendly state . . . whack . . . the big hammer of fate pummeled my udwc system.
Some of the Uniseals broke their seal & started flooding the tent. I had my wife on daily ice bottle swap duty & she opened the tent Tuesday morning to 2” of water. And rising. I got a flurry of texts from her & when I could finally break away to call, she was in panic mode. I told her to kill the lower power bar (it wasn’t on the tent floor thankfully). And there was nothing she could do but bail all of the water out below the pipe lines. 90 litres. I would have used my submersible pump but that was too much for her, so she bailed. I owe her for this one.
The light & its timer & the in/out exhaust fans were on a different ‘grid’ so I told her to just leave them on. With the pump unplugged, she plugged the air pump back in as well as the interior circulation fan.
I got home 4 days later. My wife was out so I went right to the tent & I have to admit, that I was stunned. The damn plants had doubled in size. The roots were dangling in the tiny amount of residue water in the bottom of the totes. The whole top 8-9” of root that had been out of the water was hardened but still white. The bottom few inches of root had still been in water & had been feeding the plant during a growth spurt!
I isolated one tank as the culprit (or so I thought), so I transferred its plant into the other tote with its mate. After numerous bailouts & a run to Home Despot, I capped off the offending tank, taking it out of the water path. The little bit of water in the tent I assumed was just from under the totes etc. I filled the res & the now single tank with pH’d water & nuted it to the scheduled level. And hoped for the best.
Well, it still leaks. A very slow leak but a leak.
So, I will have to execute Plan B.