The Dawg House

I’m amazed at the quality of empirical information here at OG, it has been an overlooked resource for a long time. This will be my home here, run my fun and hear from some. I’ll be starting the Indoornesian Cup Challenge 2021, setting up my winter room to support this thread, and having a blast doing it. I will be running on a wonderful gift from Foop Organic Biosciences. My buddy uses them so I contacted them and no dealers in southeastern US yet. They agreed to ship to me for Cup Challenge and I’m hoping it gets here soon.

Info on Aloe here ot OG: Using aloe powder
Info on Aloe & Google Search results Aloe Growth & root development
In addition to human-use, we can apply the stellar properties of aloe vera to benefit other plants – like those in your garden! Aloe contains plant hormones that help stimulate new root growth, aid in seed germination, and can ease or prevent transplant shock.*

Homemade Co2
Info available here at OG: Search results for 'homemade co2' - Overgrow.com
Info available in Google search “using home made co2 in marijuana growing
I like adding Co2, I do it outdoors for every plant. (? PPM Concentration outdoors)
In the morning I can smell the yeast throughout the field.
Indoors I use it same way but 1 co2 setup per 4 plants at full flower.

Room: 6 x 8 foam wall box. Dehimidifier / Vaporizer - Built for cup.
Lights: (2) 1000 w/hps, (1) 400w interchangeable MIH/HPS (1) Cheap azz Blue/red led.
Soil: Something I throw together using the classic BOG’s soil with some sub cool additives and some substitutions. I start a compost with a slop of ingredients.

27 Likes

Got a large aloe plant just sitting around. Gonna put it to use.
I’d like to hang out here in “The Dawg House” .

8 Likes

Welcome sir you are a great guide of growing, every new OG should visit your threads.

7 Likes

I’ll be hanging out here as well. Ran out of likes. Give me a few hours

4 Likes

I harvested about 10 lbs of aloe leaves last year on a huge aloe plant. I have several of them around the house, the biggest which was the one harvested from was 3ft tall and kept tipping the pot over. I freeze the leaves they go a bit soggy and limp after thawing out, but still do the job.

Aloe is also very good to eat, it has so many health benefits. You just have to be careful you’re not alergic to the yellow latex they have between the skin and the flesh.

5 Likes

Thanks for stopping by, a welcoming gift 4 your next lockout

4 Likes

Drink aloe once a week, pee good for seven days!

4 Likes

Will definitely be hanging out and checking in here! Sounds like fun and good luck!

3 Likes

“It ain’t what you know that gets you in trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so!” -Mark Twain - Great Entry into OG book Club by @GrouchyOldMan

5 Likes

Confused. Since CO2 is heavier than air it sinks, and outdoors even the lightest breeze would push away any gas released over the top of plants. How do you disperse a gas over the tops of plants from a ‘generator’ set below the plant?

I dunno… when I see what Mother Nature normally does with plants outdoors I just don’t grok any advantage of attempting to use CO2 outdoors.

2 Likes

When I go into the outdoor greenhouse in the am, No roof Just 8’ breathable block out, tan colored.
I walk through the plants, the only things I smell is the plants and fermenting yeast, all I can see is the result being different from the farm next door, without Co2.
But, scientifically, the gas produced is minimal, it makes perfectly good sense that it would lie on the ground or blow away, across the ground, because “It is heavier”. As it goes it attracts bugs that are good, I can see them, it keeps away bugs that are bad, I don’t have them. It tells the mold spores, inherent in all living plant species and soil, that it can’t come here. It does the things that science says co2 does, or is it not co2 that it produces, I have not checked, I just do the things I’ve been shown to change the outcome of Mold, Bugs, Botrytis & leads to better yields.

And if that fails, I use CEASE.

4 Likes
7 Likes

This is similar to what I do. Heat gun instead though.

2 Likes

Love this video. Old school method (aside from the gas stove :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:). Busting all those resin glands. I bet the smell and taste alone is intoxicating.

2 Likes

It is what I live to produce. From it comes the best squeezed rosin in the world.
That transfers to the gummies, cookies and edibles I make. Not pretty, but when I go to the Co-op, I am swarmed by those who have come to know.

3 Likes

I’ll be hanging out here.

2 Likes

Most pleased to have you stop by, gifts are coming.

2 Likes

I’d love to see you run a tutorial in the future if you ever have the willingness and time. Traditional methods are something to keep alive imo. The afghani vid would have been even cooler if we got to see how the fella got the kief he was using. I imagine it came from beating silk screens, like Moroccan, but you know what they say about assuming.

4 Likes

I have been working on something since returning here, along the lines of a perpetual linked thread to OG sources when available and external when nothing else available or both. I am also building a museum database, to be used at our museum in 2023 in Caro, Michigan. Tuscola county welcomed medical growers before any other county and / or before the State of Michigan. 1872 people who treat us great everyday, Eat at Wingert’s, Go Wild Cat’s.

7 Likes

Keep up the good work. I’ll stay tuned in. Lots of very savvy green thumbs up in the Mitten!

2 Likes