The Dissent Grow

Would definitely if any place near me carried them. Stuck with hydroton or growstones. But they dusty as well

I have to get with J and K and order them, they donā€™t stock them normally , not sure why other than maybe they donā€™t turn a lot of them.
Go to your shop and have them order some, these things are cheap and really good stuff.

Iā€™ll check them out. Be better if I ever wanted to try f&d again.

Starting out on DWC has spoiled me in terms of vegetative growth.

Iā€™m getting kind of bored with dwc myself , although it does seem to be the cheapest and easiest to maintain.

1 Like

Also I was reading somewhere that friends donā€™t let friends do dwc. odd, I think I saw that on this forum somewhere. Itā€™s been a blur :confused:

Lol. Some people hate it. Iā€™m totally biased since itā€™s the only way Iā€™ve grown though. Iā€™ve never had issues. Was at a grow store one time and a guy and the cashier were talking shit on it. The other guy who works at the same store loves it and let me know why his coworker hates it. Root rot. Some people just canā€™t avoid it.

Sometimes I wish I ran coco. Like this summer I donā€™t have enough electrics in the room to run my AC and chiller. But Iā€™ve been keeping 70F res temps by just cooling the room so the AC stays since itā€™s dual purpose at this point.

Nothing better than popping off the top and seeing a beautiful mass of pearly whites roots complete with fuzzy feeder root hairs

2 Likes

Was looking for some photos of the first and only ebb monster grow, with those silly fucking pricey roks.
It went really well until something went wrong, not even sure to this day what happened but I certainly killed it and not in a good way.
Couldnā€™t find the photos of the grow but I ran across pictures of Tiger and Rox, still almost brings a tear to my eye, I think itā€™s time for a couple new dogs.
But yeah, make mine dwc too , coco is interesting but kind of pricey too compared to a few rocks in a netpot and water.

2 Likes

I needed to get these clones in the water long ago but had a few setbacks.
Didnā€™t have a working control bucket so I had to salvage one and put it on an igloo which Iā€™ve been meaning to do anyway.
Iā€™ll put an igloo where that black bucket in the center is maybe next cycle.
Iā€™m starting to get the urge to buy one of those sexy UC systems from my fave hydro shop but probably wonā€™t.

3 Likes

:laughing: :joy:

:evergreen_tree:

Iā€™m having a tough time deciding which lighting to start with, Iā€™m thinking 600w horti blue and then maybe adding a couple 6500k onyx a bit later.
Then when I flip Iā€™ll go with 600w horti chps, 3500k 600w hlg600 quantum board and then add a couple 3500k onyx if needed down the line.

1 Like

Ok I just joined the 10 buck tier, wheres my free shit?!

4 Likes

Awesome, shitty system passed the leak test the first fill!
Day of rest my ass, these lights arenā€™t going to hang themselves.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been neglecting a res change. Also saw what looked like fruit flies but probably small fungus gnats.

Plan is to empty res and shop vac any fliers and use it to drain the res. Hose down roots, refill res let that distribute and then drain again, hose down again and should be good to go. Need to put the lights on the 20A veg and put the chiller and AC on the 20A flower.

1 Like

Itā€™s just always something isnā€™t it buddy?
Hopefully my room will be running smoothly and with little work, could use a break.
I still have to put together some screens of some kind.

1 Like

It really is. Iā€™ve been doing work on the house so been in and out of basement, leaving it open here and there. This leaves little time for my grow

Iā€™d rather have a small bit of fungus gnats than spider mites any day.

1 Like

This is not coming easy. This room is going to stay like this for awhile, enough is enough!
46 watts per sq ft should work.

5 Likes

Finally hopped on board the QB train?

Looks nice

yeah I picked up an hlg 600, I actually used it last cycle. Still havenā€™t hung the horti se600 with chps yet. Not sure why I pre-ordered that other than they had a decent introductory deal.

The only reason I hung the t5 is thereā€™s one horti uv tube in there, Iā€™ll probably replace the one regular tube with another uv tube although that may be a little too much uv.

Actual I hung it because itā€™s red white and blue.

1 Like