The Dissent Grow

patriotic :wink: :laughing:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

lol, youā€™re the third guy/gal/whatever to say that. I usually reply witt ā€œFucking A, maga!ā€ but I donā€™t know if Iā€™m allowed to do that here.

You and your lights man. Get that chps up so you can report about it. I get it though. Iā€™ve been needing a res change for a week now, lol.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to run it in a 4by4 tent whenever it starts cooling off a bit.
I think you can get just the lamp now but not sure.
The reason they say you have to use their ballast is because the lamp takes 20 minutes to reach operating temperature and if the ballast isnā€™t theirs it may be seen as a lamp failure and shut off.

It begins!
Finally.

6 Likes

So I wish I could work up a desire to do some hydro like I do some fuzzys taco shop.
Going on a decade run I guess, lost the thrill and shit.
Plus these fucking clones are getting on my nerves, I do like to start from seed.

Wow, still killing clones. They werenā€™t getting on my nerves that bad.
Luckily I had a few more, 2 each golden goat and lucky charms.
I was about to pull out the sack of seeds and start cracking, now I can postpone that until itā€™s time OR I kill these four clones :expressionless:
I made some noob mistakes right off the bat anyway, Iā€™ve never had to water until the roots break the netpots in dwc but then I usually go from seedling tray to flood table and then to deep water. Set up a drip this time, I canā€™t be around enough to hand water when they need it.

1 Like

Not too much excitement over this way. At a really boring point in the cycle.
So I finally took down the remnants of a lucky charms thatā€™s been hanging for 6 months or better due to it burnt kind of black and nasty and never really seemed to come out of that. It didnā€™t get a proper cure but I donā€™t even recall the details anyway. So I got these three 10 gram bags, what next?

4 Likes

Dont know how I missed this, but yeah, me me me! Ive been in to RC flying machines for a long time. I gave up glow and gas a long time ago and now only fly e-power. Lately its mostly e-powered sail planes, but I still love foamies from micro size to giant scale. My favorite models are my (now departed) Mirage, Bubble Dancer, Supra, and several variations on my Capricorn design foamy.

Sorry, couldnt resist showing off a little :slight_smile:

5 Likes

nice! I used to buy nothing but ARF models but not much anymore. Half the fun is in the build.

2 Likes

Same here. Fun stuff :smiley:

1 Like

What ? What? Some post deletion going on over here too?
Thatā€™s fine since I didnā€™t mean it.
Day job keeping me occupied but Iā€™m still finding a little time for horticulture things.

1 Like

I still donā€™t have excessive time to spend with them or theyā€™d probably be doing betterā€¦or maybe not.

Couple golden goat that has been a struggle for some reason.

3 Likes

Looking fine to me man.

Nice duct. We have a sheet metal shop shortage over here. Especially shops that can handle $300k+ jobs.

1 Like

I certainly miss working in the shop, field work just isnā€™t for me but I do whatever it takes to keep the job. Thatā€™s 42 inch spiral hung 35 foot in the air.Itā€™s been fun so far.

1 Like

We did an AHU replacement project with 108" x 84" duct r something similar to that size. Shit you could walk into lol.

Been seeing a ton of plans for cultivation centers in MA. We canā€™t compete with those kinds of jobs. We stay state and federally funded projects.

1 Like

Last time I dealt with any ductwork/fittings that big was in a shop. Not sure Iā€™d want to be part of the install crew with duct like that.

This cycle has been weird, I guess maybe Iā€™ve always gone from rapid rooter in seedling tray to 2by2 flood table and then into rdwc because I just had two issues Iā€™ve never come across.
I found out really early in this cycle that I needed a drip since I skipped the flood table this time and went straight to rdwc .
So I installed a drip and everything was good for awhile.
I saw a few roots breaking the net pot bottoms so I turned the drip off and came back to wilted plants, flattened even. So I turned the drip back on and things went fine for awhile longer, turned the drip off one goat and like an hour later it had wilted slightly so I turned the drip back on.
They say drought stress makes for excellent root growth because the plant in drought wants to survive and acts accordingly. As long as the drought isnā€™t severe of course.
This got me thinking about timings on the drip, I know that within 2 hours of turning off the drip on goat number one it began to wilt. I got paranoid setting the timer to an hour off cycle since I couldnā€™t be here to watch it, so I changed the cycle to the original couple minutes on couple minutes off.
Came back to a wilted lucky charms but you could tell the wilt was from over watering and not drought. Turned the drip off the lucky charms and good to go.
But anyway this has all got me curious about controlled drought stress and what the results would be.

1 Like

They make this thermaduct product. Preinsulated and jacketed ductwork for outside. Similar to what they do with pre-insulated piping systems for underground. Pretty cool stuff. Been seeing that called out on projects increasingly.

1 Like

They say stressors increase the resin production. But also increase hermies. Phosphorus is good for root growth.

That is very strange though. Iā€™ve never experienced that but I aero clone and weaving the roots through the netpot openings so roots are in water day 1 of xfer

2 Likes