The first Canadian Frost Cup!

So I’ve been thinking, karma cup and other similar events were a lot of fun for private growers but everything is geared towards the commercial growers now.
So I wanted to get something going for some fun over the winter.
Try a small one this year and see how it goes. Maybe as laws change we can have something like this open to everybody.

THIS IS FOR CANADIAN MEMBERS ONLY

We need at least 10 competitors willing to grow for this competition and 10 people willing to be judges. You can grow your strain of choice from what you have or you can pick one that I have put aside for this. The choice is yours.
All growers will need to have their grow started by the first of December and your entry must be mailed in by the end of March. I will assign each entry a number as they get mailed in that way when the judges receive them there is no strain name or grower associated with the entry’s to keep it fair.
The judges will score the entry’s on smell, taste, effects, strength, bag appeal, burn/cure, enjoyment, trim job and if they would purchase it.
All that’s required is at least a post a week updating how the grow is going and when it’s done you pick your 10 favourite buds to be judged.
First place will get a trophy, $100 for your favourite Canadian seed bank, pipe, and seeds
Second place $50 for your favourite Canadian seed bank, twisty blunt, and seeds
Third place a pack of seeds from my vault and goodie bag.
I think this could be something fun and different to do over the winter.

40 Likes

These are the strains set aside for growers who would rather pick one if they don’t already have one

Purple lemonade x orange goji

Ghost og x nycd

LA affie x Afghan hash plant

Jacks lemon cake x chemdog

Deadband f2

Purple moonshine

Yeti og x Roman herijuana

Afghan kush

Road kill kush

Whisky sour

18 Likes

Is this open to Breeders?
I do not sell flower or other cannabis products so in that regard I am just a grower.
If so, I’m in for sure and the time line sounds good
If not… that’s totally cool too man. :wink:

17 Likes

Growers:

1. @neogitus
  2. @Pigeonman :metal: :dove:
  3. @Ronzo
  4. @sprinklememaynee
  5. @misterD
  6. @Budderton
  7. @HaRdRoC
  8. @GreenHighland
  9. anonymous 777
  10. @CannaHappiness
  11. @Calix

Judges:

1. @chronix
  2. @Foreigner
  3. @DougDawson
  4. @Wizdom
  5. @luxton
  6. @Fortman420
  7. @madouesse
  8. @royal
  9. @jessethestoner
  10. @THCeed
34 Likes

DUUUUUUUDDDEEEE!!!

:fist_right: :fist_left:

20 Likes

It’s open for anyone and everyone brother. I don’t know about you but I was pretty bummed out when karma stopped letting legacy growers enter, that’s why I wanted to see something like this happening :grin:

10 Likes

sign me up man :wink:
I’d like to grow something from my personal , unreleased work if that’s okay.

12 Likes

Absolutely man, I just threw those up there if someone needed something to run.

5 Likes

This looks like loads of fun. Quick question do judges haveta be in Canada? Haha.

Bong, water n popcorn. Grow on folks.

4 Likes

Haha yeah unfortunately …. Unless you have a Canadian address. That invisible line makes things difficult. It’s too bad that USA and Canada don’t share the same laws, I think it would be a crazy if a North American competition was possible

9 Likes

I can be a judge. :thinking:
Sign me up for that if you want. :smiley:

4 Likes

Done and done!

6 Likes

Awesome!
This is a really good idea !
This will be fun for sure. I am happy to take part in it. :smiley: :+1:

4 Likes

I think I could probably make this work.

5 Likes

Yeah, it all changed in 2023, the government “let it be known” that the ‘gray market’ vendors had to be legal and there might be followup.
There is still one in Hamilton but others closed down or ‘complied’.

Now 2022 was surreal.
The Karma Cup was in Toronto in an old cleaned up factory/warehouse. It spilled out of the building in an organic array of vendor booths with a small stage at one end.
An absolute dream compared to events before legalization. Glass blowers, hash, diamonds, mushrooms by the pound.. :star_struck:
There was even a small contingent of young cops on Sunday responding to the neighborhood parking complainants… and everything was super cool.

I had a ball! :+1: :laughing:

Cheers
G

6 Likes

As long as your growing something that can be submitted by March your golden. If not you could be a judge that only requires smoking sesh and a review.

2 Likes

I had an entry in that year. I couldn’t make it tho. I tried to give my tickets away on here but there was no takers.
I was so disappointed I couldn’t make it and even more disappointed in 2023 when I wasn’t accepted

2 Likes

Looks like I have to move to Canada.

8 Likes

It’s a cool idea and I could he a judge but probably not a grower my schedule is too erratic.

4 Likes

Sounds like a plan. I will stick your name on the list.

3 Likes