The Forest Treehouse - CannabisSequoia's Growing Again :-)

Hard to see your forest through the trees.
:+1::seedling:

10 Likes

I hope you have local help you can hire for trimming, holy hell! :evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Good day brother! Everything is looking happy AF! And thriving! Beautiful ! I’ve got a couple questions for you ,in regards to your DP x RCB would like to know what she’s smelling like? Also the auto xrcb crosses ,so what does this cross imply? They are auto to auto expression,(I think/guessing) from a 25% something or other,damn brain, does this bring it to a 75% or does it mean 100% auto at this point?hehe could help me out here ,my friend? Hehe looking beautiful!

2 Likes

Thank you @Tinytuttle @ReikoX @8k_feet @Ftlob :straight_ruler: @Meesh :grin:

:thinking: :scissors: :hourglass_flowing_sand: :scissors: :scissors: :dizzy_face: :tired_face: :bed: :zzz:

Yeah. That part may mean kidnapping a friend or relative & then sending them away with some branches. I dry-trim so that’ll be allright but -damn is right- i’ll have to setup a bedroom for drying if they all finish at the same time.

:smile: Every day with Overgrow & all our friends here is a Good Day. :hugging:

I want to say there’s a hint of the Durban smell but it’s :cherries: all day & more of a :cheese: funk than a DurbanP to my nose. FWIW I’ve hated the UK Cheese since it arrived 15-20 years ago. Horrible IMO! :smile: :gb:

I took the :scissors: hedge trimmer to the bigger one today & removed about 10" of canopy top. :astonished: I’ll go back over it & detail the stuff that needs it. (Because I need to be able to reach the stuff without a ladder or step) :blush:

I don’t really know either. :smile: I’d love an auto-flower red cherry berry but have mixed suspicion & confidence it can happen (or at least how many crossings it might take). @ReikoX’s LRxUV made me a believer in the auto-flower practical utility & great potency. :thumbsup:

I’ve got the pollen from last year’s male RCB & his sister so I can play around & simply always stick to the males & females that ignore the photoperiod. This is super-stuper over-simplifying nature & adds to the :game_die: :game_die: :slot_machine: crap shoot :poop: :gun:.

Auto’s seem to present their own peculiar challenges & I can see now why having a boatload of pollen from a single male makes seed-making a lot easier-- in that the ladies wan’t that germplasm ASAP! :lips:

I dunno what the logic says about the photo + auto crossing but IIRC the kids should be 25% autos(roughly) & I think I’m seeing more like 30-40%? or I’m just not keeping track of their age. There seems to be a 1/2-auto phenomenon: they still ignore the photoperiod but don’t flower as soon. :thinking:

And…allegedly an 8’ auto is possible with 8’ of perfect soil. :thinking:

:evergreen_tree:

8 Likes

Yeah that’s awesome,I have a similar understanding of chasing that auto expression, really enjoy checking out your projects brother! I’m very interested in how the next generation goes with the RBC influence on both the Durban and the EL Ruv (LR x UV (?)) Cherry anything !, immediately I think cherry licorice,hehe oh well, hope to crack some of the ones you sent soon!(I have a few things to take care of first) peace and love brother!
Can’t wait to see them buds develope on those big juicy girls! My bad hehe

4 Likes

:cherries: :bomb::red_circle: :cherries: :strawberry:

[ @Kobracom420 I moved this chat to my catch-all thread to keep the Snow Lotus BX project on topic :wink: ]

I like hazes too but when I was going to dispensarys a few years ago they were less common. Had a SuperLemonHaze cut that was very nice & way back when the SuperSilverHaze was new & amazing I loved it.

Barney’s Red Cherry Berry seeds(probably ‘selfies’) came to me from a friend of a relative & the info was nothing at first; I initially wondered :thinking: if it was a CherryAKxBerryWhite but DID see the Barney’s info on seedfinder & after growing them out it was clearly the Barney’s. (Cherry Bomb Indica x Skunk1)

Now I’ve made some crosses with it(RCB) and just want to know as much as I can.

It would be great to find the person who made the Red Cherry Berry & ask about the Skunk1 selection. Most of us know what Skunk1 does to hybrids and the RCB absolutely smells skunky in veg. :blush:

Thank you sincerely for looking into it-- I really appreciate it. :hugging:

:v:

7 Likes

Howdy Sequoia,

I have also had a very nice Super Silver Haze crossed with a White Rhyno, a buddy of mine accidentally made haha. Very strong smoke…Stunk like nobody’s business.

It sounds like you will end up with some very nice smoke…

Sorry, I could not get more info for you…That was a hard one to find info on, for some reason.
It was my pleasure trying though…Anything I can do for a fellow OG’er…

Kind regards Man,

K.

3 Likes

7/28/19 update

105+F today aka “watering day” :sweat_smile:

constantly maintaining canopy level(was over fence), de-larfed & defoliated the bottom 1/3ish(made goood bubblehash). the durban-p X red-cherry-berry plants are just monsters & i can say that grown outdoors each plant should have 100 sq. ft. :confounded:

preflowers showing everywhere except those & i am bracing for a 10wk+ flower time. :unamused: in which case it’ll mean some reconstruction & putting up a greenhouse roof.

3 months to go… :sweat:

2 shots of whole garden, sorry for no labels

Bed 1 left to right, DP x RCB #1, F13SSH x SweetJackBlueberry @Ftlob, ECSDHaze x PlatCookieTWreck @ModicumGenes

Bed 2 left to right, RCB x SLS(taller), DankSinatraF2 :blush: @nube, YetiOG x Herijuana x Romulan @I_thewindcries, TheBlack x Champagne @deep_rob, and a GorillaZkittles hiding

Bed 3 left to right, ConspiracyKush x SLS, SLS (retail bean), DP x RCB #2, and a stretchy RCB x SLS hiding in background, might cull it.

@Scissor-Hanz This CK x SLS hasn’t shown any herming-- were you “pushing” yours with feeding? …or just really lucky? :joy:

22 Likes

Wow! Those look great! Forest!!! :evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Quality post along with a quality garden. Top notch stuff right here.

2 Likes

Absolutely beautiful work my man ! Such a treat to stop in here brother !
Peace and love !
Overgrow !

2 Likes

I didn’t know you were sick Homie! You got stones? Sending love and light! Hope you get better soon!

1 Like

Thanks. :slight_smile: I’ve been mostly pain free this week with a ‘stent’ bypassing my blocked kidney… & they’re gonna stick a laser gun up my (censored) & blast the stone on Friday.

When I was in the ER operating room hallway waiting for that stent I heard loud Eminem playing & nearly lost my @#^$&** mind. Told the surgeon ‘that’s some unprofessional shit!’ (they don’t like that, surgeons :laughing:). I’d have tossed a grenade in there, let alone lower the volume… :rolling_eyes: :boom:

Richard Pryor had a bit about hospitals being “where you go to die” & he’d “go out, die in the gutter where someone’ll FIND my ass” :raised_hands:

9 Likes

Very nice garden Man… It shows you spent some hours in there…

Regards,

K.

6 Likes

Shiiiit. Hope those stones pass brother … can only imagine the pain and discomfort.
The gardens looking really good :facepunch::facepunch:

5 Likes

8/8/19 update

It’s been a rough month here. :wheel_of_dharma:

Sprayed essential oils for Thrip-tivity yesterday, lot’s of all dead Thrips today. :thumbsup:

Took down @ModicumGenes’s ECSourDHazeXPlatCookTWreck because she decided she was a he. :unamused: I guess the upside is I have some more stakes to use now. :rolling_eyes: :thumbsup:

The DurbanPxRCB plants are annoyingly large and poor 'lil SourLifesaver is nearly all shaded now. :mushroom:

whole garden, 2 views

bed1: DPxRCB(plant #1, larger, at back), @Ftlob’s F13SSHxSweetJackBlueberry, and dead @ModicumGenes’s tree.

bed 2: @nube’s DankSinatraF2(smallest, at front), RCBxSLS (left of that), @I_thewindcries’s YetiOGHerijuanaRomulan, GorillaZkittles fem. at middle right, and at the back @deep_rob’s TheBlackXChampagne

DankSinatraF2:

RedCherryBerry X SourLifesaver: whooooa—AFGHANI!!! :joy:

YetiOGHerijuanaRomulan:

GorillaZkittles fem.:

TheBlack X Champagne:

bed 3: ConspiracyKushXSourLifesaver, @Scissor-Hanz’s JesusOG X Super :lemon: Haze mmm :tongue: :nose:(middle left), Sour Lifesaver hising in the shadows (middle right), and DurbanP x RCB plant#2.

CKxSLS:

JOGxSLH:

Sour Lifesaver, :blush: 2 shots:

DurbanP X RCB plant #2:

. . .

edit:

:astonished: :thinking: And a year ago it looked like this:

31 Likes

Damn! And I thought I was gonna cry come trim time. :joy:

7 Likes

Homie, What do you know about growing garlic? Farmer’s almanac sent me an email telling me to plant it this month. I bought some organic garlic from Sprouts. Do I just break it up and plant the actual garlic pieces and if so, do I leave the paper on?

1 Like

May need to freeze the garlic for a bit before planting if I remember your ‘zone’

1 Like

I’m in 10b… Southern California