The Ghost Rose. A picture show

The Ghost Rose.

Judging from the posts on @ReikoX’s thread ReikoX’s Workshop 2021, I thought it might be entertaining to post some grow pictures of the Ghost Rose that I just finished.

I got the seeds from ReikoX as part of his FAM mix of 8 auto seeds (2 each of 4 different crosses) that he sent out in 2019. I was one of the lucky recipients but I was doing a couple of long Sativa grows so it took me a while to get to them. I had an assortment of other auto seeds in my stash – freebies etc – so I decided to do an auto grow with one from the FAM mix & 3 other mixed seeds. I just randomly picked a seed from the FAM pack & as luck would have it . . . a Ghost Rose. Sugar Black Rose x Ghost Toof seed = Ghost Rose.

Setup:

• 4 x 4 x 8 tent
  • 700 w LED lighting. 1 vintage fixture & 4 Solstiks mounted in long pairs to move up & down & rotate at my whim to extend the grow area & help get under the canopy a bit. I ran the lights at 19/5 for the duration until the very end when I cut it to 15/9. Queer hours but it worked.
  • 5 gal cloth pots filled with Canna coco & perlite.
  • I hand water daily, aiming for a little overflow. CannaCoco A+B, humic acid, GH Cal/mag and I hit them with PK 13/14 for 10 days around the 3rd week of flower. I kept the ec low, climbing to 1.3 for veg & early flower & only jumping to 1.6 during the PK addition.

The seeds were soaked in a glass for less than 24 hours & then put it moist paper towel on a plate that I put on top of a heating pad. This keeps it warm but never hot. The seed from ReikoX is the one front & center with the longest tail.

A habit I brought over from my udwc grows, I always put the seedling in a Rapid Rooter plug which I put in the coco. I figure this gives the seedling a nice moist home to start building roots.

And . . . drum roll . . . the Best Vigor Award certainly went to the Ghost Rose. It charged ahead of the other autos in growth right from the start. Here it is on Day 6 . . .

day-6-reikox

21 Likes

Day 11 – the family. The GR is in the lower right.

Day 19 – They’re growing! Ghost Rose still winning the size award.

Day 26 - Ghost Rose.

Day 35 – they are all growing well.

Day 35 - Ghost Rose - close up of pre-flowering

Day 45 – the stretch has started.

Day 52 – still stretching

Day 59 – buds are building

Day 62 – reached its final height. 47” – 48”

30 Likes

That was fast! :grin: I enjoy this “condensed” diaries, easier to follow the plant development, nice job done … beer3|nullxnull

12 Likes

Day 70 - a side cola

Day 73 - bulking up

Day 88 - plumping . . .

And finally . . .

Day 92 - chop day - Pink bubblegum is the main smell. And these buds are crazy sticky.

34 Likes

The Ghost Rose harvest is still drying in my closet. All of the autos are maturing at slightly different rates to give me a break with trimming. I will trim the GR tomorrow probably & I will report back with yield.

13 Likes

They look great. Nice stacking too.

3 Likes

Thank you. It was a textbook grow with no problems. So a sped-up grow diary works much better. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

This brings back good memories of that FAM pack. You’re going to enjoy the smoke.
Great growing!

5 Likes

Nice job, enjoyed the sped up grow pics, can’t wait for the smoke report

Happy growing :seedling:

3 Likes

A smoke report will come but I take my time. I usually do my first test after 60 days of cure but I don’t get serious until 90 days. I like it smooth & mature.

10 Likes

Killed it mate, I think the days of hating on Autos is coming to an end… can’t lie I used to be a hater but those pics don’t lie.

That’s longer than the life cycle of the plant haha, good restraint

6 Likes

Rumor has it the biggest dispensary in the messed up system Florida has is running autoflowers in 1.5 million square feet of hoop buildings.

Add images

1 Like

Wow, beautiful work. This is the perfect idea for what I may need to get out of my funk. I haven’t done an auto in a few years or more.

Are @ReikoX’s fam pack seeds identified or wasn’t it just a mix pack with fems, too but no names? I’d hate to expect an auto but get a fem. I sort of want to see a flowering plant to play with right away.

Will autos do okay outside with the summer hours being longer?

I have two flowering plants to chop this week, and one more almost halfway done, then it won’t be til October before I get fresh bud again.

Man, I hope I find that Ghost Rose in my pack! That’s a beauty. Nice growing and nice work on the strain, @ReikoX! peace

6 Likes

Nice work, that Ghost Rose has been popular despite the possibilities of late flowers. :+1::seedling:

10 Likes

These look awesome!

I also really like the condensed format where you see the entire life cycle in the first few posts.

One week I will get my grubby little fingers on some of these magic beans!

2 Likes

ReikoX purposely sent out a mystery mix. He told us what crosses he used but he didn’t identify the individual seeds. They were all autoflower fems.

Autoflowers do well outdoors but it is not ideal conditions since indoors you can blast them with 20 hours + of light which they would never get outside. If started early enough outdoors, they can be timed to finish before fall rains hit if your area suffers from that like mine does.

4 Likes

I ran into one larfy mass of weird flowers that didn’t look like any others. It was tucked away at the back. Maybe a few immature seeds but that isn’t uncommon with autos - as I am sure you already know. :wink:

Thanks again for the great genetics. I still have 7 more seeds to play with. But they will have to wait. I start my next grow in August. I am doing a side by side Barney’s Pink Kush versus Reeferman’s Ultimate Pink Kush S1.

3 Likes

Unless you are in the Arctic circle :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

In the winter, I swear that I am close. :no_mouth:

2 Likes

I used to live in Scandinavia and in the summer you’d go in to a bar at midnight while the sun was up then by the time you came out at 3am it had aleady set and rose again. Used to to trip me out

5 Likes