The Jedi's Junkyard

Ok, its been long enough to start my Junkyard here.

Today is officially Fuck It Friday. I have four shot glasses with a mixture of warm water and hydrogen peroxide.

Here is today’s lineup:

1: Bodhi Black Triangle (10)

2: Gage Green Genetics Grape Stomper OG (7)

3: Brother Mendel’s BCGA Romulan (10)

4: Synergy Genetics UW S1 (4)

The Bodhi I scored from CG Collectables for something silly like $40. There is only 10 seeds so I hope its not a bait and switch or F2s.

The Stomper OG was a gift from M4K at GGG. I bought a pack of seeds and it only contain 5 instead of 10. I called them out on their old forums and M4K sent me the stomper OG and a pack of Daybreaker to make up for it. I’ve had these since 2013 so they are well overdue.

While hunting for a good Durban I stumbled across Brother Mendel’s 1982 Durban sourced from Ed Rosenthal. While chatting with him I also ended up with his '95 Romulan from the British Columbia Growers Association. I picked these up about 6 months ago and I believe he repopulates his genetics every 2 to 3 years.

The UW is sourced from Portland via Mendocino. I got it while farm sitting for a friend and grew up for years. Toward the end of our run together I made s1s to back her up. She’s really sensitive to everything and likes to throw balls so I have to be careful but I’d like to see if these s1s are viable. I made these around 2014.

Its way more than I can handle but fuck it. If I don’t start popping seeds I’m just a seed hoarding collector and I know none of us want that tag. :upside_down_face:

32 Likes

Nice looking menu…

6 Likes

If this is your lineup for fuck it friday, I’d love to see what you would run when you are serious…that just might be scarey!!! Pullin up a stool if ya don’t mind. Let us know if you do any voodoo on the old seeds…Good Luck!!!

4 Likes

It was said that the seeds CG Collectables sell have low to no germ rates @Craigson15 has had issues with seeds he bought from them .

That’s a great lineup and I hope you have good luck with your grow. I’ll be pulling up a chair and watching this one.

6 Likes

You had my heart at Romulan :clap::tv::alien:

9 Likes

I just saw that on RIU last night. I wondered when I opened it because there were slight crumbles of leaves in the packaging and only 10 seeds. Both very unlike anything Bodhi. Either way, they are wet and I have a TK backup in a TK x Scotty OG.

The voodoo that I do on old seeds is to begin by using warm water and H2O2 50/50. If there is anything on the outside of the shell like fusarium this should kill it. I do have a sterile in vitro technique using hormones but rarely use it and these aren’t 30 years old.

10 Likes

You can add the above to the current non-test tube plants in the lab which include.

Colombian x GDP
Cherry Vanilla Skunk
Nigerian Sunshine #1
Nigerian Sunshine #2
Golden Goat S1
88g13hp IBL (3 phenos)
Blackwater
Duct Tape
Hazmat OG
Casper OG
Dosidos #55
Granny Skunk #4
Granny Skunk #5 male
Blue Orca Haze male
Apollo 13 gorilla arm x Apollo 11 Genius seed run (9 plants)

Today I am making plans with a growmie in town to run out some of my Blackwater x Nigerian Sunshine so we can make a Blackwater BX.

18 Likes

SC what 3 phenos of ghash do you have?
smell and flavors mainly

7 Likes

I cannot quite say yet as these were part of the initial seed crop. Maybe “pheos” is the wrong word to use here. I really mean I saved three of the nine females used in the OP.

A lot of the females had a slight nose of coffee and tootsie roll. The pieces I smoked were from miscellaneous plants but very stoney and head heavy.

However, #19 was clearly my favorite for structure. She has the frame of a strong male plant.

I want to grow each of these again to determine if I should pick one to keep

14 Likes

Root report!

7/7 Stomper OG
10/10 Romulan
0/4 UW S1
0/10 Black Triangle

10 Likes

Today’s chores:

Followed by some sterile work. I turned roughly 9 of these:

Into 19 of these:

19 Likes

Will you be goosing the bodhi at all? Bummer to see if none popped.

1 Like

I’m unsure what you mean by goosing.

1 Like

Gibberellic acid. It supposed to help popping rates with older seed stock. I haven’t used it, but have read some stuff about it being used to aid germination in brewing and malting.

1 Like

Ah, got it. I’ve never heard it called that before.

I will with the S1’s if they don’t crack. The last time I tried one I scuffed it and it cracked but stalled and died. I didn’t scuff this time so we will see.

The Black Triangles came from CG Collectables and are bunk seeds. It sounds like its well known and I have had these longer than it took for others to determine the 0% germ rates from all of their seeds sales. So I’m looking for a pack of Black Triangle now.

7 Likes

Bayer aspirin or Willow shoots will work

5 Likes

I’ve never used aspirin but the salicylic acid is a natural auxin. I used to make my own rooting solution with willow shoots and it works great as it also contains SA.

6 Likes

Good news. I got a replacement pack of Black Triangle from a kind soul.

13 Likes

Full blast ahead with everything in the gardens.

I up-potted 9 for the Apollo run the other day and took a bunch of cuttings from:
Three different ghash moms
Blackwater
Duct Tape
Casper OG
Nigerian Sunshine #1
Nigerian Sunshine #2
Golden Goat #1
Colombian x GDP
Blue Orca Haze (male)

Then I fed everyone some activated microbe tea.

Any checked in on the Romulan and Grape Stomper x Underdog OG seedlings.

11 Likes

Lab tent is already full. Spring needs a nudge already…

14 Likes