The Jedi's Junkyard

Is it just me or does Swami have some good shit but listening to his :man_with_turban: chakra-schmaqkra :om: mumbojumbo is too much??? :sweat_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Perhaps but if so I think the man still found his path in life he seems very happy

2 Likes

You’re thinking of the wrong person. Swami Organic seeds SOS is not the white bearded guy who also goes by Swami

5 Likes

Cool spot over here Jedi! I dig the community projects. It looks like your A11/A13 project came out nicely!

7 Likes

Welcome to OG Chiefer!

4 Likes

@SCJedi could we work a trade out for the Nigerian sunshine? I been reading about it. Blessings!!

2 Likes

Shoot me a PM and let me know what you got.

2 Likes

For those of you that started at the top of this thread, the Romulan and Grape Stomper OG were destroyed by a roaming slug, the Black Triangle was bunk (CG Collectables) and the old UW S1 seeds need sterile germination.

I was kindly gifted a replacement Black Triangle and one lone Stomper OG male survived the Great Slug Massacre of 2020.

Hang tight for some ACC Super Silver Haze as a half pack of those were just popped by my in-town growmie ColdRain.

In the meantime, I have several outdoors. Archive’s Duct Tape, Hazmat OG, Dosidos #55, 2 x Blackwaters and a Cherry Vanilla Skunk.

Inside is exploding but my primary focus will be to work through my Black Kandahar x 88g13hp Bodhi testers. You can follow that thread HERE

16 Likes

I’ve had a few rollie pollies come eat seedlings. I’m not a fan of them either. sorry you lost those!!

1 Like

Believe it or not that one lone survivor is a very strong Grape Stomper OG male. I spent six months kicking him around the yard and torturing him and hit a few plants with it:

Sundae Driver
Duct Tape
Nigerian Sunshine
Ice Cream Cake
Wedding Cake

2021 is already looking brighter. Happy New Year!

12 Likes

sound like some great crosses, looking forward to seeing those crosses this year!

Happy new year! 2021 is gonna be great

5 Likes

Hey @SCJedi. I hope all is well with The Synergy’s. :grinning: Do you have a tissue culture thread? I saw your IG post, but I don’t want to clutter up the Junkyard. :laughing:
:guitar:

4 Likes

Clutter away. One of the things that I plan on doing once the lab is complete is to begin teaching classes which means information dispersal (outside of dishing out custom protocols).

If anyone has general tissue culture questions you can ask them here with the rest of the Junk

7 Likes

I probably will, right now I’m interested in playing with some micropropagation in the near future. Reading Plants from Test Tubes and it totally seems like something a hobby grower can do.

9 Likes

That is a fantastic book for learning the basics of TC!

6 Likes

So far it has been quite simple and down to earth. Its not like I’m going to be able to open a lab from the info in it, but definitely the entrance to the rabbit hole.

7 Likes

I was curious about using TC to restore vigor to a strain. My understanding is that to remove a virus you need to do a meristem culture, which looks much harder to do. Will a nodal culture suffice to restore vigor?

Your lab space is looking great man. :+1: When do you think you’ll be live? I’ll certainly be watching for that class announcement.

Can’t wait to see how it turns out! :vulcan_salute:

Here’s another book I found that’s really good. It’s an entry-level textbook, and it starts with making your own media using the individual components, then it moves to actual experiments with culturing various plants. No cannabis, but the principles are sound. Plant Tissue Culture, Techniques And Experiments.pdf (2.0 MB)

6 Likes

Ha, if the folks helping with the buildout do what they say when they say it I would be done already. I still need HVAC and someone to lay tile for the floor. All framing, drywall, etc will be done by us. I was originally hoping 2/1/21 but it might not be until 3/1 at this rate…

7 Likes

I feel ya there. When I rebuilt my workshop I thought it would take me six weeks, it took more like nine months.

1 Like

I gotta tell you man, that’s totally kick-ass. :grinning:

2 Likes