Jelly's first real attempt at cloning!
I swear I had full intentions in documenting the WHOLE process... but I got lazy.
So we start with a messy workbench and supplies.
- Clean, new, Xacto knife.
- Scissors to cut branches.
- Technaflora Rootech Gel
- Seedling Trays
- Rapid Rooters
- Bottled Water
Then, we need a growth shoot. I picked the ones that were fairly dark green as my logic was they were the healthiest.
I cut here as shown in the picture. Also cut the fans fans stemming from the red lines too.
So you see, I've taken two cuts from 4 plants here. One has quite the bud site... not sure how well these are gonna work but i've got 14 clones now... I read somewhere to cut the fans in half.
Back inside with the completed cuts, domes in tact. (not pictured) I wrote on the trays 1-7 so I knew what was what (silver sharpie on the black, black sharpie on the clear domes)
These are under a TaoTronics 24w "Grow lamp" I chose this because it was laying around, it's not a whole lot of light which I read clones don't need/want lots of light.
Covered with a towel so I don't blind myself when i'm in the grow area. (this is temporary anyway)
And now for the K-Cups. They got the lower 3-4 nodes trimmed off, because these cobs aren't that intense and can't penetrate that far anyways.
Lots of airflow now
Edit: replaced picture above marked with cut lines.