The LED hack shack and other tall tales

Flower day 11

pH 5.9
Ec 1.5

It’s been a while waiting on the 6666 clones, it’s been slow very slow. 21 Days, before the majority had roots.
Not gonna continue rooting under 6666, nothing saved, took so much longer it ended up using more energy.
Then rooting under 18/8, as it took a full week more.

Transplanted the 6666 clones into 1L pots, and moved them up under the new 4K Dual row light.

Tacocat lives again

Once rooted, they will join the 6666 clones and they will all be put in 12/12.
I expect they will grow very slow under 6666, and mainly build up roots. While the 2nd batch of clones root, the first batch hopefully will stay short.

5 Likes

Flower day 12

pH 5.86
Ec 1.5

4 Likes

Day 13

Cheese

BLB

THHxC99XC99

pH 5.71
Ec 1.5

6 Likes

New type of Strip I found, had to get some to see how they preform.

It’s a 50cm long 28 watt COB strip

Aprox 3500K

21.5 Watt at 900 mA, and no heat to speak of. (10.25 watt per strip)

I think I will order some more, and build a test light from these as well.

8 Likes

Day 14

Ec have dropped by 0.1 Ec, so thats a good sign. The pH is still dropping a little, so they are still not feeding 100% correct.
Again with 4 different strains, one of them from 4 different seedlings, there are many different requirements from just one res.

pH 5.65
Ec 1.4

4 Likes

Week two

5 Likes

6666 Veg day 4

Temps are low, it’s winter time and that will also slow down the growth.
So far no real noticable growth, but they apear healthy.

4 Likes

A new comfy electric heat pad, so Tacocat can sit and root in comfort.
Winter is coming, and cold rooms effect rooting a great deal.
I don’t care the veg plants are slowed down by the cold, I am not in need of new clones for a while now.
And the 6666 clones are supposed not to grow very fast, then I might have to add a bigger heater to the clone room once I start flowering.
That way I can heat the top cabinet, from the bottom and at least keep the root zone around 20 C.

Flower Day 15
Topped the res with tap water

pH 6.2
Ec 1.4

8 Likes

Day 16

Dropped the pH

pH 5.70 ish
Ec 1.4

6 Likes

We have some praying!

They look like they’re very happy.

What do you personally use to acidify with?

1 Like

Day 17

Put up a support trellis, and bend a few tops in hope to controll the canopy a little.

@cannacrab I use H3Po4 (Phosphoric acid)

8 Likes

These LEDs are much better than the HPS equipment so I’ve seen in Spanish forums, with special spectrum for flowering, all the light is used and the HPS equipment wastes half of the light that the plants do not assimilate, with harvests of more than 500 grams per meter with 300w LED led lighting used in professional floriculture

only

10 Likes

‘These LED’s’ is that the brand name?

Wasn’t able to find them on Ebay :smiley:

I have seen ton’s of pictures of pretty buds grown under LED, I think you have misunderstod the idea of my thread and experiments. It’s not that I doubth LED’s, I am trying to see what is possible to do with cheap china chips from Ebay.
And see what the different kelvin spectrums do, for the terpen profile in the plants grown under different kelvin spectrum.

5 Likes

a picture i found and thought of you… you need to make it bigger, frame it and hang it in the grow space

6 Likes

I did an experiment with cob leds bought on ebay, I experimented with the Kelvin temperature and I used 3,000k and 4,000k leds mixed on the same board.
plants in vegetative stage grow the same with 3,000k and 4,000k, but in the flowering stage the plants were bent looking for the leds of 3,000k, I changed the position plants and those that were under the leds of 4,000k were still doubling looking for leds of 3,000k containing more reds.

1 Like

Day 21 12/12

The C5’s and THHxC99XC99 are streaching like a mofo!

Weaved a few tops, just bend them over and under the trellis.
Moved a few plants around, pushing the small cheese plants to the middle.
And moved the BLB’s, to the front of the table.

Root’s on the move to the res

pH 5.95
Ec 1.4

Tomorrow I will change the reservior

7 Likes

They look pretty damn happy.

Do you do any canopy maintenance on them at all? And if so, after the trellis is in, how the hell do you reach to the back of the space? I’m having difficulty managing mine lol. I think we have talked about aspects of it before on discord.

1 Like

I trimmed a bit of under brush, removed some lower branches and small buds.
When I put in the trellis, and thats almost it.

Felt I had to tug a few top’s under the trellis, as they are still streaching quite alot.
I loosend the tellis a little in one side, pushed the tabletop an inch to the right and squeesed my tiny ass.
In between the table and wall, reached back and popped under what I could reach.

The tabletop don’t slide that well anymore, and filled with plants it’s not making it easy.
So from now on and out, I hope I can manage by lifting the lights. Still got about a ft, that I can raise the lights, as I run them as close to the canopy as I can. Trying not to burn the top much, we will see … but then they should learn from Icarus and not fly to close to the sun. :smiley:

4 Likes

Day 22

THHxC99XC99

C5 Haze

Doing a res change atm

9 Likes

New res solution is about done, did not fill the res 100% and made the solution a bit hot.
Bumping them up a bit more, then maybe I should, but I will monitor it and if it’s way to hot.
I can just top the res with tap water, pH adjust and drop the Ec again.

pH 5.70
Ec 1.7

1 Like