The LED hack shack and other tall tales

The Tohici99 lady’s under Putin’s watch, is doing all right.

I just bumped up the feed last night, and by the look of them this evening they enjoyed the bump they got.
Had them running on a high pH around 6.2, for two days and then it dropped to 6.0 over night. And that’s the wrong way, so I lowered the pH down to 5.50 and topped the nutrients. Rasising the Ec up to 1.5 -1.6 ish, evened out at 1.6 the day after.
Now the pH is slowly raising, 5.54 pH tonight and things should be back on track.

Flower day 11

Have moved them around a bit, taller ones out to the side. And smaller ones, more centered under the bulps.
All are starting to set flowers, im feeding them a bit more N then they got during the test grow. As they faded a bit much in the end, on the other hand that might be dangerus with a haze cross. Im hoping it won’t result in super tall plants, but a little greener then they where in the test grow.

7 Likes

Looking good. They hopefully shouldn’t stretch much more at this point. It’s weird how some strains seem to just more or less stop after ~2 weeks, and some keep getting taller til like week 5.

2 Likes

I expect they will streach a few weeks more, I think they streached for 4 weeks atleast in the test grow.
3 of the 4 clones, had to be bend over to avoid them burning. Tried topping one of the 3, but that hurt the yeald compared to the two others.

2 Likes

The light traps have dried up nicely over night, and are ready to install into the cabinets.

Will take a bit of time, as I only have one clamp fitting for holding the front cover in place. (broke one the other day)
So nothing new, besides im waiting for silicone to dry not paint.

4 screws into the back of the box, and dark silicone to make sure everything is air tight and blocking any light going thru a seam or something.

Screwed the 4 screws into the side wall, securing a snug fit up against the inlet “slot”.

Siliconed the edges on the box, making sure to get a good amount of silicone on. So it will close any potential gab’s, between the middle baffel and the side panel of the lightbox.
Siliconed the outside, and pressed the reflector foam on place.
clamped the front panel on, and now I wait again.

7 Likes

That’s tight, looks great. Also, black silicone??!? I learn something new here every day.

4 Likes

It comes in brown too I know shock horror :joy:

OT: looks fookin nice man let us know how it affects the sound I’ve always wondered about making one of these boxes but covered with acoustic foam lining the inside.

3 Likes

Thank you @beacher

Yeah well it’s a dark grey silicone, as they where out of the black one and only had Tec7 left in black.

Tec7 is the shit tho, but is a bit ekspencive for this. But look up Tec7, if you ever need to stick/glue something to a wall.
It’s what I use on the boat, and they got a wide selection of different sealents, silicones and glues.
That stuff will bond most things together!

3 Likes

Thank you

I will be very surpriced if there will be any sounds from this, but I will try and make some video once im done.

4 Likes

Definitely do man I’ve been watching this project since I joined the community and I like where you’re going with it looks amazing and I bet crop rotation will be amazing from these cabs.

3 Likes

Nice. PL construction adhesive is great for that too, it sticks everything I’ve tried. I’ve even used it to hold together blocks on a small retaining wall.

3 Likes

Light traps in the right side cabinets have been mounted, now mounting some foam insulation/reflector.

7 Likes

The drywall pieces are leaning there to hold the foam panels on while the adhesive dries.For anyone else who was confused… I’m like wtf kinda reflector is he making? Lol

That’s a good trick.

4 Likes

Yeah thats just for support while it dries - It’s a pretty dry thread atm. I guess, been alot of waiting on things to dry, cure and harden.

Here we are after the support boards where removed, and the rest of the backwall reflectors have been stuck to the wall.

7 Likes

Putin is on Overwatch, I have the same high expectations as always :laughing:

The 105 Cheese clones are looking good, removed two yellow leafs.
Gave them a spray, as the cubes where feeling light. On the other side, I don’t want them soaked either.
Just gave them a light spray, between them stems with pH ajusted tap water. After I aired them out, without the domes for 10-15 min.

Then placed the domes back on, and put them back under their individual 5W lights.

They are looking healthy, another 4-5 days and I think the first roots should pop up out of the cubes.

7 Likes

A peak into the Groffice Build

Test hanging for cable messurements.

Building the Flipflop and controller box, still waiting on parts.

Spotted the first root, between the 105 cheese clones.
One done, 104 to go!

9 Likes

Almost there haha. If you see one now you’ll see like 50 tomorrow!

2 Likes

Yeah I hope the rest ain’t far behind

2 Likes

8 Likes

Ended up having to go buy another roll of cable, to get all of these done.
Still need to install cables in 4 cabinets!

2 Likes

First four cabinets have been wired, the top ones will be a bit of a PITA.
Already not the most comfortable position to work in, in the back upper corners of these cabinets.
When your already struggeling with a bad back, but I will manage to setup something to stand on.

6 Likes