The LED hack shack and other tall tales

Fday 10

They seem to like the nutrient bump, but I think 1.4 Ec is a bit high as the pH have been droping a little.
Topped the reservior, to lower the Ec and raised the pH a bit.

The growth is good, most of them look healthy and happy and there is a few that ain’t.
The worst looking are the Mezma runts, that didn’t clone very well. As soon I know their sex, I will pull them from the grow.

8 Likes

Nice looking plants. Pond is looking nice as well. Where are you sourcing the stones?

4 Likes

A few different horse ranches in the area, they pick em off the farmland feilds in the spring.

Was trying to order stones when I started, but it turned out that the companies selling stones in the area didn’t really do that small orders. But lucky the neighbor had a good load, and one of the misses girlfriends have a big ranch and we can just take what we need. They are happy to get rid of them, and it’s only 15 min drive. Takes me about 10-15 min to load the car, so a little less then an hour per round trip.

6 Likes

FDay 12 - they are streatching well

Ec 1.4
pH 5.91

8 Likes

Fday 13

So far everything is looking good, the structure looks like they will do well in single cola SOG.
Looking for a good fit, for the LED cabinets.
One that won’t streatch too much, but enough to pack a decent cola.

8 Likes

Fday 14

I have bumped the feed a bit, as they look hungry to me and they have been growing well on the last bump.

Ec 1.6
pH 5.80

After that I rearraged the clones on the table, moved the taller ones to the sides and smaller oned to the middle of the table.
Hoping they will catch up a bit, over the next week or how long the streach will continue.

Everything is looking good, there is only one unsexed clones left on the table!

10 Likes

So I found mold in the LED cabinets again, I really need to get that airflow issue sorted.

I think the solution will be, mounting a fan above the lights, blowing air down into the canopy.

3 Likes

That sucks dicks bro, where in the cab is the mold appearing is it allover or like the center with least flow??

2 Likes

Top buds on plants, just random in the sides.

To me it looks like lag of airflow in the canopy, as it’s appeard very random in all of the cabinets.
And as they are pretty identical, im afraid the fresh air is just flowing above the plants. Cooling the lights, but the air between the plants must be to stale.

A downward pointing fan, should put a stop to that. And make a lot of turbulence, forcing the hotter air down and out to the sides.

4 Likes

I run a fan on the ceiling of my tent and one blowing across the canopy, the turbulence form the 2 air streams colliding works well.

3 Likes

Canopy is now moving a bit, but nothing that will stress them.

Got a Ac unit today, but it have to stand up 24h before use.
Letting the gas flow back into the compressor, as I had to lay it down during transport.

9 Likes

Testing a small fog cloner, for the sponge cubes. To see how this works out, rather then trying it in the large cloner.

Might need a dome LOL

I left it off, to see if they will make it or not.

7 Likes

Day 2

They ain’t all dead yet!

8 Likes

There should be enough humidity from a fogger, for the roots to develop in the bottom, but I think you will definitely need a dome for the tops. If you had a dome could you have vent in the top of the cloner to allow the humidity to rise up into the dome.

1 Like

Deffently, thats not the question.

Im more worried about, if it heats up the water and how often and for how long, will I need to run the fogger.

And will I be able to do it without a dome?

it’s not a problem for this small unit, I have several domes I could put over it.

This one

I don’t have a dome for, and I have seen people do aeroclones without.
Just need to figure out, how high do the humidity need to be in the clone cabinet, to work as a dome?

1 Like

Depends on the time of year for me, and the amount of plants in the clone cab, in winter time I definitely need a dome on my aerocloner, but summer time when its a constant 80F in the cab, the humidity is usually around 70-80%, and I don’t need one then, other than to have something to lay a towel over to reduce the amount of light they get…

1 Like

Desided to put a dome on the poor clones, its been about 36 hours from I cut them.
A few of them looked to be peaking up, but the majority where starting to look lost.

The Nephthys on day 19

A close up on a few different Nephthys females

Neph #1

Neph #2

Neph #3

9 Likes

Thanks guys

Finaly done with the roofing, just need the end boards and it’s finished.

Garden is doing as well as expected, it’s summer and the heat is on.

Nephthys and Mezmakronic day 22

Nephthys #1 #2 and #3

7 Likes

Day 23 and lookin good

Nephthys #1

Nephthys #2

Nephthys #3

No specific reason we are following these, besides they are practical placed on the table.
So far they all have pretty much the same grow pattern, fairly even in hight and bud placement.
There is minor difference in internote spacing, but there is a vast difference the terpine profile.

The pheno with the best/earliest resin production is pheno #10

5 Likes

Day 48 on the Leftside closet

Haven’t found more mold, so thats a plus.
Summer heat is still an issue, but only running at night helps.

11 Likes