The LED hack shack and other tall tales

Fday 25 Nephthys

Nephthys #1, 2 & 3

Looking great, a few different terpine profiles.
There is a few fruity bubblegum smelling ones, one that has a more green/pine profile. And there is a clean pink grape pheno, that smell’s really great as well.
Still early on, but looking forward to smoke testing the different phenos. Selecting what to work with, once I get the males flowered out and paired up with the selected females.

8 Likes

The Nephthys is doing great, looking healthy and green.
They are budding nicely, and the growth is very obvious from day to day.

Nephthys #1

Nephthys #2

Nephthys #3

And

Ec have just moved up to 1.7, it’s almost a week since I have topped the res.
It’s been running at 1.6 ec for a good while, with a fairly steady pH.

Ec 1.7
pH 5.58

7 Likes

New month - New Putin :joy:

8 Likes

Day 28 under his watchfull eyes :joy: :

Nephthys #123

Nephthys #10

8 Likes

Day 54 for the Leftside Cheese

Topped the res, starting to leaching it out!

11 Likes

Fday 29 on the Nephthys

Nephthys #123

Started tracking the aroma/terp profile, on the different phenos.
Im not the best as placing/naming smells, but I do my best and it’s still a long way from done.

1 Sweet, fruity aroma with a hint of bubblegum

2 Green/pine(ish) - having a hard time placing this.

3 Same green/pine(ish)

4 Pink Grapefruit - Strong and sweet citrus

5 male - ?

6 male - ?

7 male - ?

8 Sweet, fruity aroma with a hint of bubblegum

9 Pink Grapefruit - sweet citrus, not as strong as

10 Sweet, fruity aroma with a hint of bubblegum.

Now the big question will be, what aroma’s do the 3 males carry.

7 Likes

8 Weeks on the Leftside Cheese

Nephthys Fday 30

Nephthys #123

Nephthys #10

10 is looking and smelling really already, clearly the one with the best resin coverage of the 7 females.

11 Likes

It’s been a while since I have been working on the groffice build, as I have been busy with other projects and I was supposed to go on vacation.
Long storry short, the misses got sick (nothing too serious) had minor surgery. So we wherent able to go sailing, it was a shame but gave me time to fix a bunch around the house.

Moved to the next step in the build progress, tho I am not yet 100% done with the cabinets. There is air-flow issues or something, that have been causing mold. I think it’s stale air, between the many plants.
The radiator fans, are not as ideal for moving air around the cabinets as hoped. It have helped to install them, but I am waiting on PC fans to see if they might end up moving more air with less wattage.

The Clone n Dry closet

Simply just making a bottom section for the aero cloner, and the top section will be a large drying cabinet.
Where I can dry the plants, hopefully under more ideal temps.

Frame up, fast and simple.

Backside mounted
And yes there is enough space for the flowering cabinet doors

Devider between the clone and dry section, just went with MDF as there will be no water in the top part of the cabinet.

The clone cab will have 3 doors, two in the front and one in the side.
So I acctually can get the cloner in and out, as the space will be tight and not sure I’d be able to angle it into finished cabinet.

6 Likes

Looks great, is there enough room for you to bend down to see inside the bottom cabinets on the left, it looks very confined in there.

3 Likes

@Palindrome, not sure if you keep up with the things that make you go hmm thread, but thought you’d appreciate this:

4 Likes

Yeah it should be all right, and it’s mainly for inspection.

My idea is to make a bottom on small wheels, so I can slide the whole cloner out the side of the closet.

The Cloner lit will be filled with clones, in the veg/work area and then I hope it won’t be a problem.
To just carry the lit, with clones a few steps and place it in the cloner and slide it back into the cabinet.
Once rooted I’ll pull it out again, move the lit and clones to my work station and pot them before they go into flower.

4 Likes

That might be a bit too close for comfort :blush:

Much appreciated tho, but truely hoping I’ll never get that close with Putin :joy:

2 Likes

Ventilation 125 mm ducting, and gonne try these small inline fans.
Figuring I won’t need, a whole lot of air flow in either of the cabinets.

For controll I will be using a hygrostat, and possible some fan dimmers.

8 Likes

Fday 32 Nephthys

Group shot

9 Likes

Making the side hatch

Fairly simple, just made a frame and mountet it with some hinges.

Cut the sheet in size and trimmed an 45 degree angle of the hinge side edges.

Making it possible to open it up, I might find a gas spring or something. That can hold it open, when I need to roll the cloner in and out of the hatch.

7 Likes

Nephthys flowering on, unfortunet I found thrips in the Nepthys grow and veg caninet.
Treating the mother plants, the flowering plants will get no treatment.

Fday 35

Did a 50% waterchange on the res today

pH 5.55
Ec 1.7

5 Likes

It’s that time of year when the bugs are getting bad. It seems like most are getting something or another.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t filter my intake air, and thrips I don’t worry about.
They are not much welcome, and will soon be gone again.

I try to avoid having plants in the house or garden, that I know attracts spider mites.
But thats pretty much the only pest I worry about, as they are a PITA to get rid of and can totaly destroy a crop.

The thrips will prolly effect the health and yeald, but the plants are looking healthy.
I don’t think they will suffer hard, and once they are done the empty room will get sprayed.

2 Likes

Fday 36

8 Likes

Slowly moving along, trying to get a little done every day. Next to all the other projects, I got going atm. this should be first priority.

Got the cabinet door frames made, now I just need to cut the OSB sheet into small matching sheets.

Inlet for the dry cabinet, they will be covered with a sheet of OSB inner wall.
Forcing the air down, to the bottom of the cabinet

Nephthys Fday 37 - Not much to report

After the water change, I only added micro and bloom in a 2-3 ratio.

The room is starting to smell

7 Likes