The longest, slowest build. 30sq ft bust up reclaimed shed

A few years back. I was growing in a shed in my garden. But sectioned off like 6x2ft.
This time around I want to section off 6x5ft. (Leaving 6x3ft of shed for nute mixing and external res aswell as electronics.

I’d like to keep my little 2x4x5ft tent purely for breeding experiments. So have to start fresh with all components. And I’ll be sourcing these very slowly. But I’d like this to be a spot I can drop my lists and ideas as they come to me along the way.

I’m thinking 8x17l rectangular pots (bait bucket types) with a 9th for a control bucket.
Those that don’t know me. Its flood and drain I like to toy with.

I’ll get to those posts a little later on. The shed was free. Other than £10 in diesel to my cousins boyfriend. The floor was rotten beyond repair so didn’t even bring that. And the roof needs new boards and felt on. It is going at the back of the garden. Just had to lift the path for slabs :joy: and . And will be using 4 standard pallets as the new sub floor with MDF loft boards over the top.

I’ve literally got a jar ready to stick even pennies in to buy materials.
Works kinda slow right now and I’ve still got a few weeks of veg on my jacks rainbow. Sacrifices are being made. No pub. No slap up meals. No unnecessary drives. And I’m smoking on some wedding cake swag/shake so I dont have to buy smoke :joy:

Stick around If you have the patience :100::roll_eyes:

27 Likes

Now we’re cooking with gas! Nice , gonna be killer

4 Likes

We’re probably closer to trying to light a vape on a toaster than cooking on gas. But glad you’re here brother :joy::100:

I know you’re gonna like the flood and drain idea. Same olive green. Rectangular/squareish pots but 17l rather than the 5ls I’m using. Rigid 25mm pvc pipe into m32 glands. Rather than m25 glands and 15mm hosepipe that kinks a lot.
Will require a return pump aswell as the res wont be below the pots. Will throw a bill of materials together soon. And a step by step when I eventually make it :joy:

7 Likes

Nothing wrong with slow :slightly_smiling_face:

May your shed glow bright!

4 Likes

That Stihl brush cutter will be worth a few quid if the pennies don’t mount up fast enough bro :rofl:

2 Likes

That’s definitely good :joy: cos that’s me these days :100::roll_eyes: thankyou for the well wishes my good man.

@Esrgood4u me and my cousins fella are working together on the property services stuff. Well trying to establish a new name and replace tools as you know. So the stihl is his dads. Can borrow almost anything but it adds time onto every job going picking them up

5 Likes

@Ghandisflipflop is a landscaper/gardener. He does OK. Doesn’t run a company or anything and it’s all cash work but this time of year he’s constantly busy.
I sold him a 2 stroke Makita chainsaw a while back. I only bought it because it had a 2 stroke engine and as you know I love anything 2 stroke. I didn’t think at the time I didn’t have any trees :rofl:

2 Likes

Looking forward to it @MCR0161 definitely can’t wait to see what you come up with

2 Likes

:joy::joy: you set yourself up man.

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl:
Bring it on :wink:

3 Likes

Pajahah you did actually set yourself up big time there :joy: I was in the shower. Stroking while I’m soaping :100::joy::joy::joy: not that kinda stroking perverts.

We’re not trying to go legit. Just to make sure we know our days are filled. We’re getting some alright jobs in. Can be doing 3 weeks solid. Then nothing for 2 weeks and it wont work that way. Customers are all happy though. We have a patio to do soon but no confirmed date. How is GFF doing? He did comment back to a post of mine guessing who I was :no_mouth:

3 Likes

Slow is definitely the way to go. Move to fast and you end up with a bunch of dumb shit you don’t even really need as well as lack of direction. All me how I know :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

How do you know :joy: jokes. We have all done it bro. The direction seems pretty clear though so far to me.
Shed
Flood and drain
2 x 4 ft bridgelux eb lights
6" fan and filter pushing around the 400cfm mark.
Tube heater and some automation equipment :thinking:
Still need to work out the bill of materials on stuff. I’d post links and pictures but I can only add one photo to a post.

1 Like

I found a place that does coragated buildings , they have loads of sheets as seconds , pvc coated , 25 year garentee , worked out half the price as felt : ) not even damaged , just left over sheets from big orders , all colours : )
B and M’s for crates/tubs , garland chieftain trays are nice and deep

1 Like

Do they ship across the little pond mate? I’m presuming it’s an Irish company :thinking: corrugated would be just as good as a board and felt.

I already know the pots and stuff I want to use for the F&D and will probably still use a wham bam box for the res as they’re solid enough to shag on. Ask me how I know :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Doubt it , but your bound to beable to source similar over their I’m sure

Do sides in it to , bullet proof ( cover side wooden panels etc )

1 Like

I like b and q crates , a particular one , grey 15L and they have raise floor on them but they like 7 pound each but quality , buy two for 12 I think

Keeps bottom of the tray , save you setting crates on strips of rectangle conduit

2 Likes

He’s doing OK. He’s not smoking much these days but now has a passion for mushrooms. He’s knocking me a setup together with some golden teacher spores. I’ll likely see him today at some point so I’ll let him know you’ve been asking after him :+1:

5 Likes

I would love to see that set up
I’m interested in growin mushrooms but put of as I know absolutely nothin and can’t face learning it all from scratch , too daunting
@Esrgood4u

3 Likes

I’ll drop a few pictures on my thread once it’s all sorted. The main thing when growing shrooms is everything has to be sterile. The kit he’s making for me all I need to do it give them a spray with distilled water every so often.

4 Likes