The Mexican Landrace Thread

Greetings to all on the forum, I hope you are all well. I share with you the following two ladies of unknown origin. The seeds were found last year in Zacatecan territory.
They have only been irrigated with water, many days of intense sunshine, and very few irrigations with rain since it has not been a good rainy season. I hope to be able to share more photos soon, I really appreciate your teachings and data provided through your photos. I wish you a good harvest and good smokes to all.

Saludos desde Zacatecas.

20 Likes

There is a pheno of my '93 Mexican that looks a lot like that in terms of the shape of the leaves.

2 Likes

People Love a Sativa once they try a good one!

6 Likes

I had to look into this photo. I had a summer when I was about 15 when I visited Nebraska with my mom and thought I’d struck gold. I started seeing weed plants EVERYWHERE and even tried smuggling back some “clones”. My mom was definitely on to me but kept it together and just made some comments about useless ditch weed where I could definitely hear her. So I’m fairly sure that the reporters are on track when they say that the marijuana “plantations” pictures are probably industrial hemp left over from WWII. Nonetheless I love to see these squaresville cops working their ass off to keep the public “safe” from these plants.

‘Be a true American and smoke lucky strikes, drink liquor and take Benzedrine for god’s sake!’ You can almost hear them say. I also love the headline “what Reefers and bad dreams are made of”

It’s not directly related to landrace Mexican strains, but I just loved your pic so much I had to dig deeper.

11 Likes

Thanks @Upstate you’re the best!
And thanks for all the info you’ve given me! Truly a great person and super knowledgeable :blush:

Can’t wait to get some of these going :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I’m so hoping the Oaxaca is the buds I was looking for from the 90s :pray:

28 Likes

Fine Job @GregOG , beautiful Oxacala Gold Colas ,thanks you very much for sharing…
Just a old fFARTr oldschool outdoors ,if you please The 70s were the high life for hippie rows all over the world ,Best Genes, I know a captain of a ship brought me back india sativa ,panama sativa port to port ,thank you all for drilling my head with going Green Peeps…happy growing ,good Luck With The Weather…

OverGrow The World ,Green Peeps…organic if you please…

7 Likes

Thanks @Elchischas for starting this thread, already a great read, and also the south/central American thread, very happy to have both resources as the american sativas are my favorite.
I used to hang on Icmag as ColaCalyx mostly on the Ace thread and Malawi Cobs thread. I’m also on IG as seven.fingers, so howzit!
I have lots of good memories from smoking Mexicans we got in SoCal circa early 90s, always happy full spectrum type highs for me.
When I started buying from seedbanks (original Delicatessen, Cannabiogen, Ace, etc) I explored the Thais, Nepalese, and Africans because they were exotic to me, and realize I missed out on the Mexican strains. Even slept on the Esko offerings.
Anyway I’m trying to get back into it, bought a pack of AKBB Boel Oaxacan x Dwarf Oaxacan I plan to pop probably next round indoor…hope its a good representation.
Great group in here with some amazing looking plants and genetics, Irie vibes

12 Likes

I’m a big fan of the Mexicans and that AKBB BOEL x Dwarf Oaxacan is the strongest and closest to the 1980s and 1990s Mexicans I’ve found, so you’re stoked! :call_me_hand:

14 Likes

Whoa! This is encouraging af, I AM stoked

7 Likes

Thanks to you to came here…
I hope in a near future can share a good méxican lines forma all the sativa enthusiast on here
Have a good day

10 Likes

Where’d you pick those up?

3 Likes

Heritage Seedbank because they had a BOGO on that Oaxacan cross for 70, seems I got the very last of it. But next time I’ll just go through him dankortowne@gmail.com his list is crazy.
Also placed an order on Hyp3rids for their Verde Limon Chiapas lol

5 Likes

have u ever tried to get some F-1 Fem seeds so u have a a lot of seeds and try to keep the strain going.By STS a female plant or some branches

2 Likes

@Estacionsj I have thought about it but haven’t tried yet. It is harder now because I no longer have an outdoor area, and I grow/dry multiple strains in one tent. Would be an issue of logistics, because I need my sensimilla. Thought about flowering some small males on my patio, but fem seeds sound good too…hmmmm

1 Like

Two years ago i sell a small amount of rare mexican strain from west part of Guerrero state in México
Near Huixtepec town. A old friend of mine get the seeds for me, he was talking about that good Strain for years. I decide to share the seeds because probably it will be disapear soon, many hybrids seeds still taking place on all over the Mountains.
But work with pure sativas isn’t easy. Take time,space and sometimes you don’t get what you spect to get, also always hermi traits is there to make all even more difficult.
Some past years,a friend found an interesting strain on Chiapas state Mountains,in a small town, he told me that was a truly powerful sativa high, high potency smoke that makes him feel get in panic.
So we decide to sow the seeds thinking that we found a true old sativa jewel. Well just get hybrids, every day is more common get hybrids everywhere
I’m truly commited to safe the last of mexican genepool cannabis heritage, isn’t easy but no ones besides me are doing this. Some photos of already hybridized mexican Strain

33 Likes

Beautiful plants.

4 Likes

Very promising

I fond long petioles to be a good sign

2 Likes

Thanks man
Not pure its already hybridized but can be good for crosses. Some plants already got Golli Haze pollen on it

4 Likes

Nice Work @Elchischas. Happy Growers Thumb …
Very nice to see ,if We Can Grow out pure Sativas. ,oldfart70genesfreakysmoke…I’d like to grow Outdoors a couple Seed run pure breed Oxacala Mexican genes that so much for sharing…
OverGrow The World , pure breed F2 surely Love to Seed phenos…Peace , Love ,Hop.

2 Likes

I’m always eager to lend a hand in any way my friend. I speak from experience when I say it would be a TRAVESTY if Huixtepec disappeared. I had 3 ladies only and all were worth keeping around awhile. This upcoming year I’ll get into the other half of the seeds I got from you. Anytime you need an old Mexican strain preserved, give a holler and I’ll make room

10 Likes